Grease: Live casting

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#50Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/23/15 at 5:03pm

nasty_khakis said: "Why are they blatantly copying the movie's hair and costumes? I get there's only so much you can do with jeans, a tshirt, and leather jacket, but c'mon..."

It's a Paramount Television production, Paramount Pictures produced the 1978 film version, therefore this is more a television adaptation of the film.

They all look great! This actually has me more excited that THE WIZ.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#51Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/23/15 at 6:47pm

Have they said who's playing the Teen Angel?

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

VintageSnarker
#52Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/23/15 at 7:50pm

Vanessa looks noticeably younger than the other two. Also, Julianne makes a better post-transformation Sandy which could be a problem because she spends most of the show/movie pre-makeover.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#53Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/23/15 at 10:44pm

Best12bars, I assume they're trying to get a modern heartthrob, but I'd love for Frankie Avalon to reprise his role.  Maybe they're trying to get Travolta.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#54Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 12:54am

I'm surprised by how much I approve of these first shots...I was very doubtful of much of the casting for this, but I'm buying what they're selling (at the moment). I think Julianne looks great before and after her makeover, and Aaron doesn't look as old as I thought he would playing a high-schooler and Vanessa still is looking fantastic (and more appropriate for the character than Stockard did...then again she's 8 years younger than Channing was in 197Grease: Live casting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this show doesn't go off the rails like The Wiz (although that show seems admittedly much more difficult to do well than Grease).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#55Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 6:32am

I'm super excited for this.

I don't have a problem with them doing the movie, it's what most people are familiar with and it's a great version in its own right.

....but the world goes 'round

musicaljen Profile Photo
musicaljen
#56Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 6:33am

Its Fantastic! and so much looking forward to this.

If NBC wants to get their viewers back they should start doing popular titles like Grease.

So far I love everything about this

CarlosAlberto
#57Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 7:12am

Grease: Live casting

Updated On: 11/24/15 at 07:12 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#59Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:03pm

They all look great. I'm now officially more interested in this than in The Wiz.

Never thought I'd say that either.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#60Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:04pm

"I'm now officially more interested in this than in The Wiz"

We heard you the first time.

CarlosAlberto
#61Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:13pm

And now you're going to hear us one more time: WE ARE MORE EXCITED ABOUT THIS THAN WE ARE ABOUT THE WIZ!!!!   

DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#62Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:16pm

ONLY IF YOU KEEP WRITING IN CAPS AND USE AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!

Updated On: 11/24/15 at 08:16 PM

CarlosAlberto
#63Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:21pm

IF IT ANNOYS YOU I WILL!!!!

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#64Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:27pm

IT MIGHT GET ANNOYING TO A FEW PEOPLE BUT I'M OKAY WITH IT!!! BY THE WAY, HAVE YOU SEEN FIDDLER ON THE ROOF YET?!??!?!! I WAS GOING TO GO TONIGHT BUT I HAD TO SWITCH MY TICKETS TO SATURDAY!!! I'LL PROBABLY TRY AND GET AN AUTOGRAPH FROM DANNNY!!!!!!

Showface
#65Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:38pm

I'm excited for both this and The Wiz! 

When the casting for Grease was announced, I was very skeptical, but the promo and released photos have me really excited! I'm still a little bit skeptical about this production, but so far, things are starting to line up to a pretty good production!

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#66Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:45pm

Don't know why you even need to mention this and "The Wiz" together. They're two full months apart from each other, its not like they're competing at all.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#67Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/25/15 at 2:10am

I for one am still more excited for THE WIZ. Maybe not for all the right reasons but still.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

c0113g3b0y
#68Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/25/15 at 3:08am

So is Julianne Hough going to put on a faux pas Australian accent for this?

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

Wilmingtom
#69Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/25/15 at 3:48am

I think the promo is terrific but isn't the show set in a high school?  Or are those characters the teachers?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#70Grease: Live casting
Posted: 11/25/15 at 5:48am

Lol Wilmington!

....but the world goes 'round