amazing grace cast cd

InnerMonologue Profile Photo
InnerMonologue
#25amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 11:11am

I spoke with an agent friend who has a client in the show and she divulged that they were recording on November 2nd.

madlibrarian
#26amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 12:00pm

Thank you, InnerMonologue. That is the kind of informed response one hopes for, even as one wades through all the thread-jacking vituperation.

Looking forward to the album.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#27amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 12:11pm

This news will anger some people. Oh well. I am glad

Poster Emeritus

broadwayboy223
#28amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 1:06pm

I think it's important for every show to have an album. There are two many good shows that have gone unrecorded in the past and its a shame. I'll be glad to have a new musical cast album 

VintageSnarker
#29amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 4:39pm

As the likelihood I'll see the show this weekend is incredibly slim I'm glad I'll have some way of experiencing after the few raves I heard.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#30amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 4:45pm

good lord, Roxy.  No one is going to be mad.  You are such a reactionary.  

People don't want to listen, they won't.  I have no desire, but I also have no desire to take the joy of a recording away from anyone else.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#31amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 4:51pm

Mr Roxy said: "This news will anger some people."

Name one person who will be angered. amazing grace cast cd

MDM2015
#32amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 6:32pm

True, cast recording is happening November 2nd. 

"Disaster - the musical" loads in January -July as a limited run.

"Motown " is set for July - January 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#33amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 8:05pm

It's so amazing that even the most tepidly received musicals like DR Z and this can get recordings. Just because the critics disliked it doesn't mean there aren't tons who either already do or will come to love these scores.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

ebontoyan
#34amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 8:12pm

I love the show seen it 2x in Chicago and NYC! I will be getting the cast recording once it comes out

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#35amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 8:20pm

Mr. Nowack said: "It's so amazing that even the most tepidly received musicals like DR Z and this can get recordings."

They kind of have to record them, or else it severely limits their ability to get regional theaters to stage it. That's the argument I heard, anyway.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#36amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 8:32pm

I have no doubt that's the sole reason, but it all ties in. People will still get at least the option of experience the flops, which wasn't true at all in the past. It flopped, it died. 

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

broadwayboy223
#37amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/21/15 at 8:44pm

While the show maybe flawed I discovered through the Zhivago cast album a beautiful score. So I'm extremely grateful that it was made. Perhaps I might like some of Amazing Grace. It seems quite contrived and preachy but I always try to keep an open mind. 

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#38amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/23/15 at 2:09pm

Hey! Look what was just announced!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/broadways-amazing-grace-will-record-cast-album-368639

The track-listing follows:

"Prologue"
"Truly Alive"
"Auction"
"Someone Who Hears"
"Yema's Song"
"Voices Of The Angels"
"We Are Determined"
"Never"
"Shadows of Innocence"
"Expectations"
"The Battle/The Drowning"
"African Welcome Song"
"Sing on High"
"Tell Me Why"
"A Chance for Me"
"Nowhere Left to Run"
"Daybreak"
"I Still Believe"
"Testimony"
"I Will Remember"
"Nothing There To Love"
"Amazing Grace"

Updated On: 10/23/15 at 02:09 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#39amazing grace cast cd
Posted: 10/23/15 at 3:59pm

Not that I believe for one second that this show will actually tour, but if the announced tour really does come to fruition there's little doubt that the cast album would be a top seller at the merch booth which could be another reason for recording it outside of the regional licensing explanation. They may believe they can make a significant dent on the cost of the album by selling them at $25 each on the road. 

Videos