pixeltracker

Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?- Page 2

Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?

ChiTheaterFan
#25Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 2:02pm

I sat in B and I thought it was great. Sure, you can't always take in all the action at once but there is nothing like seeing the tears stream down Leslie Odom Jr's face. I thought it was great. You won't have to strain your neck. (The woman next to me was actually in a neck brace and seemed fine.)

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#26Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 2:44pm

I don't think you need to see the turntables to experience the production. You're still seeing the people glide around the stage on them, which is more the point. And there is no seat safe from an actor blocking you, but if you're in the center orchestra, that isn't going to be a major issue (unlike a partial view seat in the front where an actor can block you from seeing almost everything).

I totally agree that you don't need to see the turntables, I was just letting her know what sitting  that close means. It's not a deal breaker at all. I loved being so close. 

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#27Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 3:06pm

I absolutely loved sitting up close too.  Seeing the expression on the actors' faces was priceless.

Irenka
#28Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 3:13pm

I think you may still be able to save by doing a cancellation line on the day of - it is a little more risky, but if you are willing to be there early enough, I believe the tickets are $122 which is WAY cheaper and you will also avoid scams which I hear are common on resale sites for Hamilton.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#29Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 3:25pm

Irenka said: "I think you may still be able to save by doing a cancellation line on the day of - it is a little more risky, but if you are willing to be there early enough, I believe the tickets are $122 which is WAY cheaper and you will also avoid scams which I hear are common on resale sites for Hamilton.

Ticketmaster resale is 100% reliable. 

"

MyLife
#30Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 3:28pm

ChiTheaterFan said: You're referring to Harcourt, right? I believe (although I could be wrong) there are a few understudies listed for Burr but he's the only one I've heard of standing in so far.

I love him in his usual track and I'd love to see him when he's standing in for a bigger role....  But Odom's the only one I'd be truly disappointed if I walked in the theater and saw he was out no matter how many times I've seen the show. He's just so incredible. I'm sure that wouldn't mean I wouldn't enjoy seeing Harcourt's Butt, but man...  Leslie Odom Jr is just so good. 

Yes, I was referring to Harcourt. And I would understand initial disappointment if you were seeing the show for the first time and Odom was out. Yes, he is that good. But I would not let it ruin one's enjoyment of the show. Harcourt was very different from Odom but in both cases I exited the theater feeling the same way about Burr, heartbroken with a giant pit in my stomach. Harcourt was brilliant.

And what you really want to know... Harcourt's butt as Burr is just as nice too. 

Updated On: 10/14/15 at 03:28 PM

cascade
#31Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 3:35pm

Irenka said: "I think you may still be able to save by doing a cancellation line on the day of - it is a little more risky, but if you are willing to be there early enough, I believe the tickets are $122 which is WAY cheaper and you will also avoid scams which I hear are common on resale sites for Hamilton.

The tickets you buy through cancellation line are sold at face value. My friend did get a tenth row, center orchestra seat for $167 this way but yes it is a gamble.

ChiTheaterFan
#32Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 5:01pm

MyLife said: "Yes, I was referring to Harcourt. And I would understand initial disappointment if you were seeing the show for the first time and Odom was out. Yes, he is that good. But I would not let it ruin one's enjoyment of the show. Harcourt was very different from Odom but in both cases I exited the theater feeling the same way about Burr, heartbroken with a giant pit in my stomach. Harcourt was brilliant.

And what you really want to know... Harcourt's butt as Burr is just as nice too. 

"

I don't think anything could ruin my enjoyment of this show.  They have a crazy deep bench. 

And I sure don't doubt the quality of Harcourt's butt. Stupid (in this case entirely accurate) autocorrect. :)

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#33Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 5:42pm

Irenka said: "I think you may still be able to save by doing a cancellation line on the day of - it is a little more risky, but if you are willing to be there early enough, I believe the tickets are $122 which is WAY cheaper and you will also avoid scams which I hear are common on resale sites for Hamilton."

I would love to do something like this, but I read that I have to be there 2 1/2 hours before showtime and then just wait and hope I get lucky?  Since I have such a limited amount of time in NYC, I probably won't be able to spend the time or take the risk.  Wish I lived closer--A LOT CLOSER!

Updated On: 10/14/15 at 05:42 PM

NYfanfromCA
#34Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 5:44pm

Hellob said: "I sat in 2nd row orch, aisle seat. I'd already seen the show and personally wouldn't recommend being that close for first time but I liked it. Iirc, 109 would be 5 seats over and I'm not sure how many seats are in row C. You might want to check out "viewfrommyseat" to see if any pics are posted from that area. The only issues I faced with sitting so close were not being able to see the turntables at all, some obstruction when actors stand in front of you and the general not taking in the scope of the production, but being so close that you see the spit fly also has a cool factor. You might be able to resell but might be hard to sell quick since date is far away. You could also cross list on stubhub since fees are less, you could charge less to recoup. 

Eta- is this a resale or direct tm ticket? If direct, I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to better seat "

I purchased my seat directly from Ticketmaster online.  I had not heard they are upgradeable.  Is this true?  That would be interesting....

NYfanfromCA
#35Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 5:50pm

nicnyc said: "I absolutely loved sitting up close too.  Seeing the expression on the actors' faces was priceless."

Thanks to everyone for the good stories about sitting up front!  I do like to see tears and expressions up close.  I am pretty sure Jean Valjean was spitting on me when I saw Les Mis...wink.  I'm feeling better about my seat in C,  but May is so far away, don't you think?!  I just read on the Hamilton Facebook page that Obama is seeing it again in November.  I wonder how many times he will see it before I do!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#36Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 6:49pm

The cast is performing at a Democratic fundraiser that I believe Obama organized.  (or his peeps)    It will not be on sale to the general public.  (I'm guessing tix will go for something like 10k a pop.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#37Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 7:15pm

Eta- is this a resale or direct tm ticket? If direct, I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to better seat "

I purchased my seat directly from Ticketmaster online.  I had not heard they are upgradeable.  Is this true?  That would be interesting....

Here's the statement on the website-

Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. Tickets bought at a Ticketmaster retail location must be exchanged at the same location. One exchange per person, per event.
We can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away, and we can't refund or exchange resale ticket purchases for Fan-to-Fan Resale events.
Some non-participating venues (and artists, teams, etc.) have a "no refunds or exchanges" policy. But if the event is close and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Contact us!

"

NYfanfromCA
#38Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:38pm

Great information about my Ticketmaster ticket!  I just might try that!  Thank you for posting the statement from the website!

Do you think it's a good idea to switch from C 109 to F 109?  It looks like C is four rows back from the stage.

Updated On: 10/14/15 at 08:38 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#39Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:45pm

dramamama611 said: "The cast is performing at a Democratic fundraiser that I believe Obama organized.  (or his peeps)    It will not be on sale to the general public.  (I'm guessing tix will go for something like 10k a pop.)"

Anyone from the general public can go... 

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/special-performance-of-hamilton-in-new-york-november-2-2015-tickets-18768832082

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#40Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 9:03pm

NYfanfromCA said: "Great information about my Ticketmaster ticket!  I just might try that!  Thank you for posting the statement from the website!

Do you think it's a good idea to switch from C 109 to F 109?  It looks like C is four rows back from the stage.

I'm not sure. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#41Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 9:10pm

NYfanfromCA said: "Do you think it's a good idea to switch from C 109 to F 109?  It looks like C is four rows back from the stage."

One is a great, close center seat... and the other is a great, close center seat. If you're thinking you might want to be further back, and take everything in, row L is the first raised row of seats as the orchestra becomes far more inclined/stadium-y. And that would guarantee you no heads in your way, full-on viewing. 

Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?

dramamama611
#42Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 9:40pm

haterobics said: "dramamama611 said: "The cast is performing at a Democratic fundraiser that I believe Obama organized.  (or his peeps)    It will not be on sale to the general public.  (I'm guessing tix will go for something like 10k a pop.)"

Anyone from the general public can go... 

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/special-performance-of-hamilton-in-new-york-november-2-2015-tickets-18768832082

"

I suppose I didn't mean general public, but rather the average joe - as they wouldn't likely be able to afford it.  I am surprised to see the tix more reasonably priced than I expected.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

NYfanfromCA
#43Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 9:56pm

haterobics said: "One is a great, close center seat... and the other is a great, close center seat. If you're thinking you might want to be further back, and take everything in, row L is the first raised row of seats as the orchestra becomes far more inclined/stadium-y. And that would guarantee you no heads in your way, full-on viewing. 

Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?"

Well, there is an L 105 available!  

As you can see, I am the worst at making decisions.  I can stay in my close C center seat, move to a close F center seat, or move back further to L.  

ChiTheaterFan
#44Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/14/15 at 10:20pm

I personally would  not move back to L. I was in B and looked back at L because Sam Rockwell was in that row. It's a lot farther back. It's still an EXCELLENT seat but you won't be able to to see the tears and nuanced expressions. I'd go with C or F. Both those would be great. I did not feel I missed anything being in B but you'd have a slightly broader view from F. (Disclaimer: this was my third time seeing the show so I was intentionally focused on individuals when I sat in B.)

Updated On: 10/14/15 at 10:20 PM

NYfanfromCA
#45Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/15/15 at 12:11pm

Thank you all for making me feel good about my May matinee seat with Munoz as Hamilton.  It all sounds so wonderful, I can't possibly go wrong with what I already purchased.

Now I will dream of getting a seat or two seats for my December trip.  Can't really wait until May so will look at all possibilities.  It's great that the cast is staying on so long!

HamFam77
#46Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/16/15 at 1:13am

I have seen the show twice, including once at the Public, and am going back in March.  (Three trips from Seattle!)  It is great to see Miranda in the lead, but I've heard Munoz is amazing.  Ditto for all the Odom love.  He is the best performer in the best role--and that's a deep cast.  But even having seen him twice (lucky me!) that's the only one where I will be crushed if he's not there when I see it again.  2nd is Diggs as Lafayette/Jefferson--it seems like he's already so iconic to that role.  

dramamama611
#47Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/16/15 at 5:26am

NYfanfromCA said: It's great that the cast is staying on so long!

"

It's NORMAL  for casts to have a one year contract.  (exceptions are big name performers - all the Hedwig replacements, Al Pacino, likely even JHud.

NYfanfromCA
#48Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/16/15 at 1:18pm

Well, I am just happy that I have two trips to experience this amazing cast!  I asked a friend to go to the box office to find me any seats for my December trip...even box seats with partial views...so he found me two seats in different boxes for my dates (one for my friend from Oregon who is meeting me there)!  So I am going to a Saturday matinee where I *think* LMM will be Hamilton.  Sure, I will not be able to see everything, but for $167, it beats the outrageous resale prices. Then I can go again in May and sit in my full price great center seat and see Munoz perform.  So excited!

Updated On: 10/16/15 at 01:18 PM

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#49Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
Posted: 10/16/15 at 1:31pm

Sounds like you're all set. Last week I was in front row mezz, and I am going back in April and sitting in the second row. From what I read, it will be a totally different experience.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?