pixeltracker

BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period- Page 3

BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period

h6p8gv
#50BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/12/15 at 7:42pm

Anyone know if the sound of music tour is selling stuff?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#51BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:35pm

h6p8gv said: "Anyone know if the sound of music tour is selling stuff?

According to someone on Twitter, they are offering signed posters for BCEFA

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#52BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/13/15 at 12:18am

Over the past week I saw five shows, and for the record only Fun Home was collecting (nothing at Curious Incident, American in Paris, First Daughter Suite...)

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#53BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/13/15 at 1:02am

Kinky Boots: cast signed posters $80

apron $??

carols for a cure CD $20

Billy Porter's new CD, signed $20

pens 2/$5

Nothing at A View From the Bridge (but it was still in previews at the time) or Allegiance (yesterday).

LightsOut90
#54BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/13/15 at 1:33am

Wicked has signed window cards and Carols for a cure cd's 

hopefulundertone
#55BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/14/15 at 1:49am

The Book of Mormon tour is offering an apron and cloth bag for $20 each, a signed poster for $100, and a signed Book of Mormon (apparently used in the show) for $150. I'm assuming that the Broadway company has similar things! 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#56BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/14/15 at 2:52am

Broadway has never had the $20 items that the tours have had. BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#57BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/14/15 at 3:44am

atuomala said: "Finding Neverland is collecting donations and is offering the Carols for a Cure CD and cast-signed posters. Prices unknown."

Posters were $100.

They also have a special Christmas Ornament which had glitter from the big show effect inside of a glass ornament, as well as other show iconography like ribbons hanging off of it with an acorn and a thimble. Only 2 available per show. They went for $100, but sold really fast, and I heard some cast talking with BC/EFA about raising the price, since they keep going faster and faster.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#58BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/14/15 at 4:38am

haterobics said: "atuomala said: "Finding Neverland is collecting donations and is offering the Carols for a Cure CD and cast-signed posters. Prices unknown."

Posters were $100.

They also have a special Christmas Ornament which had glitter from the big show effect inside of a glass ornament, as well as other show iconography like ribbons hanging off of it with an acorn and a thimble. Only 2 available per show. They went for $100, but sold really fast, and I heard some cast talking with BC/EFA about raising the price, since they keep going faster and faster.

Maybe Finding Neverland will do better during this collection period than they did at the flea market back in September. They were trying to peddle 'mini' cast-signed poster prints (and bad quality ones at that) for $175 a piece but in the last half hour they still had a full stack and were willing to take any donation amount just to get rid of them.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#59BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/15/15 at 2:06pm

Cast of The King and I held a signing party the other day, but it appears that they may have only signed posters.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#60BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/15/15 at 2:10pm

I'll letcha know about Spring Awakening, going tonight.

UnwoundFantasies
#61BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/15/15 at 2:17pm

Kelli O'Hara did the speech at King and I yesterday for collections, no merchandise. But the cast signed posters yesterday so that should be sold soon!

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#62BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/15/15 at 3:33pm

IIRC, the Book of Mormon tour was also selling photo ops for $20. Usually with Billy and A.J. (it was the 1NT), but occasionally with Joseph Smith, or one night with two "Jesus"-es (Jesi?).

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#63BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/15/15 at 3:46pm

I heard Hamilton was selling Hamilton's love letters (prop) to Eliza signed by Lin, Phillipa, and Renee for $100. Also Reynolds Pamphlet, not sure who signed it but at least bu Lin for sure.

Updated On: 11/16/15 at 03:46 PM

BobBenson Profile Photo
BobBenson
#64BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/15/15 at 4:03pm

When ANNIE was on Broadway recently at the Palace, I kept telling a friend of mine that I would pay a pretty penny for a picture with Sandy during the Easter Bonnet/Gypsy of the Year fundraising time periods. The same friend relayed this to some ensemble members of ANNIE at a Broadway Bowling event and was told that rarely anyone got a picture with Sandy. Even in the name of BCEFA.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#65BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/16/15 at 12:17am

Spring Awakening still doesn't have anything going on besides the buckets, although a cast member told me they will have signed stuff soon, they are still getting things finalized yet. Maybe because Camryn was out all week, and Marlee was also out tonight, they don't have anything signed by the full cast yet?

LightsOut90
#66BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/16/15 at 1:43am

Is Hand To God doing anything?

neonlightsxo
#67BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/16/15 at 10:09am

"Also Raynold Phamplet, not sure who signed it but at least bu Lin for sure."

You mean the Reynolds Pamphlet? Spelling.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#68BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/17/15 at 5:25pm

The King and I must be selling their autographed posters by now. What are the prices on those?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#69BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/17/15 at 5:31pm

LightsOut90 said: "Is Hand To God doing anything?"

For $20, you can charge your iPhone on the set during the show.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#70BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/18/15 at 4:20am

Sylvia is still selling signed posters and playbills. Not sure how much the posters are, but the playbills are $60 and I'm pretty sure that I was the only person who bought one. They're the nice colored playbills and they're signed by the two standbys as well.

Also, someone said that Dames At Sea is selling playbills for $20? I sent them a signed playbill request in the mail less than 2 weeks ago and today I received a cast-signed playbill from them with no donation request. Weird.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#71BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/18/15 at 10:53pm

From my odd double bill today:

King and I signed window cards: $100

Backstage tours: $200

CDs (Carols): $20

Hand to God:

Only buckets.

UnwoundFantasies
#72BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/18/15 at 11:36pm

Haterobics- King and I is selling a backstage tour for $200?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#73BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/19/15 at 12:15am

UnwoundFantasies said: "Haterobics- King and I is selling a backstage tour for $200?"

I believe so, but there wasn't much detail about what all that might entail. Like whether you get a picture with someone, or if that also gets you a signed poster (as other shows did in the past, like if you paid to get  picture with Hugh Jackman and the cast, you also got the poster).

They didn't even show the signed posters onstage, only mentioned the tour, as well as posters and CDs in the lobby.

So, someone may need to suss out what that tour is, who to see... when we exited, the bucketers were only mentioning posters and CDs, so it is a bit cryptic aside from that one onstage reference.

Updated On: 11/19/15 at 12:15 AM

GottaHaveAGimmick Profile Photo
GottaHaveAGimmick
#74BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/19/15 at 9:11am

The Newsies tour is in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 weeks and have collections as well as merchandise (cap, signed paper, etc.). They will also perform the Newsboys variety show Monday 11/23/15 at Broward Center at 7pm  with cast members singing their favorite material. Tickets are $25 at door for Broadway Cares.