pixeltracker

BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period- Page 4

BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#75BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/19/15 at 9:42am

Newsies on Tour also has a BC/EFA fundraising page, where you can make donations online to get items: https://donate.broadwaycares.org/fundraise/team?ftid=61403 (like a button for $5, tote bag for $15 and a signed newspaper for $50). 

Even when it's not a Broadway Cares collection period though, Newsies has the charity shop (http://newsiesontourcharityshop.com/) where other signed items, props, or homemade items are sold to raise money.

UnwoundFantasies
#76BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/19/15 at 11:23pm

Interesting Haterobics thanks 

fun home was selling posters, playbills, carols for s cure cd and guitar string bracelets tonight. The kids sang a really cute rap presentation thing- adorable 

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#77BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/21/15 at 12:10am

Is Allegiance doing collections?

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#78BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/21/15 at 1:28am

Anything new at Spring Awakening? 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#79BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/21/15 at 9:13am

This sounds promising for Spring Awakening:

https://twitter.com/andymientus/status/667852299008626688

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#80BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/21/15 at 4:48pm

$100 signed posters after matinee of Spring Awakening today, no playbills. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#81BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/21/15 at 6:39pm

Avenue Q has a great t-shirt for 20 bucks that says "DONALD TRUMP IS ONLY FOR NOW" on the front and the orange show logo at the top on the back. Grabbed one last week.

Just give the world Love.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#82BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/21/15 at 8:48pm

Is Phantom offering any signed merchandise? How much?

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#83BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/21/15 at 9:56pm

The past few years, Phantom has had an autographed poster.

Not sure how accurate this is, and I'm surprised it was posted at all, but: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Its-Red-Bucket-Season--Find-Out-How-Each-Broadway-Show-Is-Fundraising-for-GYPSY-OF-THE-YEAR-20151110 

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 11/21/15 at 09:56 PM

popstarjim3
#84BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/22/15 at 9:02am

Allegiance was not collecting at the matinee yesterday.

On Your Feet had signed poster for $200 and posters signed by the cast and Gloria for $500.

Hamiltion had no signed posters yesterday.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#85BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/24/15 at 3:18am

It seems like there is less signed merchandise available this collection period. More posters than playbills, and I usually only go for the playbills because they are cheaper. Any word about The Gin Game?

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#86BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/24/15 at 10:22am

A friend told me that the Wicked tour in Louisville was offering signed posters for $60, tote bags for $20, aprons for $40, and a backstage tour for the astoundingly low price of $75!

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#87BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/25/15 at 6:47pm

Allegiance doesn't appear to be participating. BCEFA posted a picture of Telly Leung on Facebook but the headline indicated that he was 'supporting' the collection period but his show wasn't participating. Has anyone found out otherwise?

UnwoundFantasies
#88BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/27/15 at 7:02pm

Does anyone know when the last day of collection is at the shows? Also are you able to write a check to give in the red buckets after a performance?

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#89BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/27/15 at 7:10pm

I'm interested in getting a signed King and I poster but won't be back to the city until February. Do you think if I sent the Vivian beumont a check for $100 they would mail me one?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#90BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/28/15 at 1:02am

UnwoundFantasies said: "Does anyone know when the last day of collection is at the shows? Also are you able to write a check to give in the red buckets after a performance?

Yes, they accept checks and some shows, like Sylvia over at the Cort that uses the bar to sell signed merchandise for BCEFA, accept credit/debit cards, but, I think that's rare so you're better off with cash or a check just to ensure that they will be able to accept your donation.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#91BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/28/15 at 1:04am

BOM said: "I'm interested in getting a signed King and I poster but won't be back to the city until February. Do you think if I sent the Vivian beumont a check for $100 they would mail me one?

You could try. The worst response you could receive is getting your check back because they were unable to accommodate your request, but you should also include money that will cover shipping. I find that people are more cooperative when it comes to special requests if it isn't at an expense to them.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#92BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/28/15 at 12:35pm

I think the only trouble with getting the show to mail you a signed poster would be the actual shipping packaging. Maybe contact Broadway Cares directly?

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#93BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 11/30/15 at 12:10am

Has Old Times been collecting donations at all? I was at their final show this afternoon and there was no curtain speech, neither were there any buckets.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#94BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 12/4/15 at 11:33pm

HAMILTON:
Signed playbills - $100 (This is the 'in house' price that they are asking of their audiences. I suggest you write in to the stage manager, because they are asking for a minimum donation of $40 for a signed playbill through the mail)
Signed posters - $200
Prop love letters between Alexander and Eliza (signed by Lin and Phillipa) - $100
Carols for a Cure CD - $20

SPRING AWAKENING:
Signed playbills - $75
Signed posters - $100
No Carols for a Cure CD

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#95BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 12/5/15 at 12:16am

Spring Awakening is aiming very high in their pricing. I think they would have a lot more success with $40 for Playbills and $80 for posters.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#96BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 12/5/15 at 12:27am

gleek4114 said: "Spring Awakening is aiming very high in their pricing. I think they would have a lot more success with $40 for Playbills and $80 for posters.

I agree. If they were playing to a full house every night, then $75 would make a little more sense. I would be happy to pay $40 for a cast-signed playbill from this show, but $75 is too rich for my blood.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#97BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 12/5/15 at 12:33am

I'm going to get a Spring Awakening poster after tomorrow's matinee, so hopefully they bring the price down to move units since Sunday is the last day, no? BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period

Gentleman's Guide pre-Tony win sold signed posters for $40! That's become unheard of, it seems...

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#98BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
Posted: 12/5/15 at 2:09am

I saw Allegiance on Tuesday night. They were indeed collecting - Telly said a few words, but there was no merchandise. I would have gladly donated more for a poster or playbill.

Updated On: 12/5/15 at 02:09 AM