Andy Mientus Tweets

c0113g3b0y
#100Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 4:24am

is this going to turn into a "Lea Michele is a bitch"-esque thread?

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

doodles3 Profile Photo
doodles3
#101Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 4:38am

Sorry, I feel like that was worth pointing out simply because he is always trying to make such a point about how amazing it was that he was "that kid at the stage door". If that's truly how he feels about his past, maybe he should be a little more gracious with those who are at the stage door of his shows...

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#102Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 8:13am

Andy Mientus is the new Lea Michele.Except he's worse.

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 08:13 AM

Liza's Headband
#103Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:36am

Andy Mientus is the new Lea Michele.Except he's worse.

It's not possible to be worse than Lea. TRUST ME. 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#104Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:40am

You've never even had a 5 minute conversation with her. You wouldn't know.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#105Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:45am

Lea can always fall back on her voice.

When They Go Low, I Go High

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#106Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:49am

"What did Jeremy Jordan do? DISH!"

If I recall, Jordan (and some members of his family)made fairly stupid statements once word had come out that Matthew Morrison was starring in the Broadway transfer of Neverland. It really wasn't too dramatic, just unwise.

But things like that, or Mientus' tweet, don't bother me. They're not malicious. They're not hurting anyone. Are they the most prudent? No. But so?

A value that is prized nowadays is authenticity, but when noteworthy people share authentic views on social media, they get raked over the coals if people take issue with them. That's the downside to having an avenue for people to share thoughts impulsively: you get the good and the bad.

I've never heard of Mientus doing anything truly malicious or mean as a person; people like working with him, people like watching him. This whole thing is a tempest in a teaspoon.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#107Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:06am

I will never understand the Lea hate on this board. I was around her both socially and professionally on a few occasions years ago when she was doing Spring Awakening and I always found her to be really fun. Did I miss something? Is this just an issue of taste or personality or...?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#108Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:09am

Kad said:

A value that is prized nowadays is authenticity, but when noteworthy people share authentic views on social media, they get raked over the coals if people take issue with them. That's the downside to having an avenue for people to share thoughts impulsively: you get the good and the bad.

Authenticity doesn't require that you sound like an arrogant tool. Or that you demean the work of your peers.

I've never heard of Mientus doing anything truly malicious or mean as a person; people like working with him, people like watching him. This whole thing is a tempest in a teaspoon. "

It is a tempest in a teaspoon, but most people I know don't really enjoy watching him. We literally laughed afterwards about how bad he was in the Parade concert. But you're right, no one really cares either way about him and he's certainly not worth a 5 page thread.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 12/3/15 at 10:09 AM

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#109Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:20am

"Lea can always fall back on her voice."

Yeah. Kyle doesn't have that luxury.

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#110Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:26am

I will never understand the Lea hate on this board. I was around her both socially and professionally on a few occasions years ago when she was doing Spring Awakening and I always found her to be really fun. Did I miss something? Is this just an issue of taste or personality or...??

The only encounter I have had with her was a 10 minute conversation during her spring awakening days. She was very fun to talk to and she gushed over her co-star Groff. She was very nice. 

But honestly, who cares if she is hated on some internet forum. It clearly hasn't affected her career at all.

#111Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:35am

It's not just that Andy is being mean, or untasteful with his words. He is downright wrong. Even a show like Mamma Mia (which the musical at hand isn't important), but it came at a time which made so many people happy at an awful time, therefore it is important. This article perfectly explains it. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/When-MAMMA-MIA-Was-The-Right-Musical-At-The-Right-Time-20150911

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#112Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:53am

Aida Revival said: "It's not just that Andy is being mean, or untasteful with his words. He is downright wrong."

Even if we take his tweet the wrong way, as many seem to want to do, and he is wrong... why is that such a bad thing?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#113Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:08am

Again, I don't think he demeaned anyone. And if this thread has proven anything, it's that "importance" is increasingly subjective.

People find comfort or solace in any number of things, from musical theatre to Donald Trump.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Liza's Headband
#114Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:08am

You've never even had a 5 minute conversation with her. You wouldn't know.

No, Broadway Guy, but a friend of mine is an ex-boy toy of hers. Don't really care what you think I know or don't know, Broadway Guy. Thanks!!! xoxo 

FindingNamo
#115Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:10am

You don't know a lot of things you claim to know.  Describe the classroom I taught you in.  Were there desks?  Windows?  A clock?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Liza's Headband
#116Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:11am

I think there was #AIDS ? 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#117Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:13am

Even if we take his tweet the wrong way, as many seem to want to do, and he is wrong... why is that such a bad thing?Why is it a bad thing that the guy posted 

Aww cute. Haterobics has a crush on Kyle

Andy Mientus Tweets

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 11:13 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#118Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:20am

Hamilton22 said: "Aww cute. Haterobics has a crush on Kyle"

I'm capable of rational thought without romantic investment.

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#119Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:22am

Unfortunately Kyle didn't have your rational thought when he posted that dumb twitter post.  And the "see how many *beeps* I give"  the following day was just insult to injury.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#120Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:32am

Hamilton22 said: "Unfortunately Kyle didn't have your rational thought when he posted that dumb twitter post.  And the "see how many *beeps* I give"  the following day was just insult to injury."

14 days later, but if we let facts get in the way of making our case for something, this thread would never exist...

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#121Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 12:36pm

This thread cray AF

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#122Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 1:00pm

Yeah I don't see the big deal in any of it. He's not a great performer, but that tweet wasn't that insensitive. 

VintageSnarker
#123Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 1:08pm

Who is Kyle?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#124Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/3/15 at 1:14pm

VintageSnarker said: "Who is Kyle?"

Andy played Kyle on Smash.