School Of Rock Rush

laugard
#50School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/6/16 at 5:28pm

I picked up a rush seat at around 345 for tonight's 7 pm show (Monday). I got partial view in the orchestra, Row D. Hopefully it won't be too bad, and better than the partial view ticket I could've also gotten in the mezzanine. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#53School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/6/16 at 11:37pm

I don't know if you'll be able to answer this, PThespian. But I saw the show from the far side of the front row and was a little disappointed by how much was obstructed by the way the show was staged. I have the option to return sitting in the very far side of row O of the orchestra. Do you know if those are less partial view? Or do the far side seats further back have another unique set of obstructions due to being even farther over?

Updated On: 6/7/16 at 11:37 PM

@z5
#55School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/7/16 at 12:48am

Anyone know if Alex brighten shows up to Sat. matinees or stage doors after typically?

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#56School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/7/16 at 1:14am

PThespian said: "laugard said: "I picked up a rush seat at around 345 for tonight's 7 pm show (Monday). I got partial view in the orchestra, Row D. Hopefully it won't be too bad, and better than the partial view ticket I could've also gotten in the mezzanine. 

What was your seat number? I bet I sat you. "

You might have sat me as well. I got a rush ticket for Monday night and was far left orchestra, J29. I didn't really need you to seat me since I knew I was last seat Row J but watching you interact with others, you seemed like a real good dude.

Have to say, hoped it would be good especially since I enjoyed the movie. My suspicions about you overhyping it cause you work there were NOT justified. It is a WILDLY entertaining show and the talent on that stage is ridiculous. I shan't doubt you again.

"

PanaroFan111
#59School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/7/16 at 10:14am

I rushed School about 7 times already with my wife, most recently 2 weeks ago for a Wed matinee. They were Row B far left orchestra, the view wasn't so great but for $37 per ticket I was extremely happy since we were able to move over right before curtain :). After seeing Jonathan Wagner (who is great) 6 times I finally got to see Alex Brightman who was AMAZING and deserves a Tony IMO, sorry im just tired of hearing of all that hype from Hamilton which I HATED!!!!! But that's just my opinion. My wife rushed SOR last night and got a Center Orchestra Row A rush ticket where she said the view was AMAZING!!!!!!!! 

Cterrill999
#60School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/7/16 at 3:36pm

I have never been to a Broadway show but I am bringing my family (6) to NYC the last few days of June and think the School of Rock would be a great place to start.  What is the best way for me to get tickets without breaking the bank? We don't all have to sit together.  It will be my wife and I and our kids age 20,18,6,4.  The oldest two are in college if that matters.  Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#62School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/7/16 at 4:21pm

I don't know how they handle standing room anymore, but both times I saw the show were from standing room for $27. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

MyLife
#63School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/7/16 at 4:36pm

PanaroFan111 said: "I rushed School about 7 times already with my wife, most recently 2 weeks ago for a Wed matinee. They were Row B far left orchestra, the view wasn't so great but for $37 per ticket I was extremely happy since we were able to move over right before curtain :). After seeing Jonathan Wagner (who is great) 6 times I finally got to see Alex Brightman who was AMAZING and deserves a Tony IMO, sorry im just tired of hearing of all that hype from Hamilton which I HATED!!!!! But that's just my opinion. My wife rushed SOR last night and got a Center Orchestra Row A rush ticket where she said the view was AMAZING!!!!!!!! "

You saw Brightman's understudy the first 6 times you saw it?!? You either have truly terrible luck or Brightman really does miss an obscene number of performances. I don't care how amazing he is in the show, he does not deserve a Tony if he doesn't show up to perform. 

laugard
#65School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:26pm

Alas, PThessian, I don't think you sat me as I was on house right. But I was helped by a very friendly woman with dark hair. I was in the last seat in row D, number 20. But the entire row ended up moving in 2 seats closer to center due to two empty seats. 

ArielSara2
#67School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/8/16 at 8:12pm

I went yesterday at around 5:10pm looking for a single rush ticket. My seat was D 111 in the mezzanine, which was a great view. However, I  was seated right in front of a school group, who weren't terrible but definitely could have been quieter, so during intermission I moved down to where there were 3 open seats almost directly in front of me in row B, which was a really spectacular view (the rest of the mezz looked full, not sure about the orchestra). It was a last minute decision to go and I'm so glad I did. I *loved* the show - those kids are so talented and there is so much energy in that theatre.

Also glad I got to see Alex Brightman who was fantastic - the only other time I tried to rush was a Wednesday matinee in January, and his understudy's name was already on the board so I didn't buy a ticket.

Updated On: 6/8/16 at 08:12 PM

BroadwayMomma
#68School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:09pm

Did anyone go to today's matinee?  It looks like Will Blum made his understudy debut as Dewey.  

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#70School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:34pm

BroadwayMomma said: "Did anyone go to today's matinee?  It looks like Will Blum made his understudy debut as Dewey.  "

He was excellent. It was actually my first time seeing School of Rock, but I've been a fan of his ever since he was an Elder Cunningham standby, so I'm glad he was my first Dewey! Except for one line stumble, I didn't notice any other mistakes. He looked so comfortable, like he'd been doing it for a while already.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

JPS3896
#71School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:17pm

Anyone have a recent update to the rush tickets situation? I'm planning on rushing SoR tomorrow (Tuesday). Any suggestions of what time to get to the box office? Thanks!

hook132
#73School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/28/16 at 9:31pm

Hello, I've rushed before on a 2 show sunday with no luck, flying in for 1 night and going to go for the 1pm matinee on july 3rd...think alex will be doing the 1pm show with them being so close together?  wondering if the box office will open before noon with the early matinee, and if I'd be better to just try to find some cheap seats (lots left), thanks for any info!  Saw rocky here (rush) 2nd row side orchestra aisle, was pretty obstructed-