pixeltracker

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton- Page 2

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#25Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 4/5/16 at 4:51pm

Hamilton might be heading to Australia, op

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#26Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 4/5/16 at 4:52pm

Helpful link!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/10/magazine/the-ceo-of-hamilton-inc.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

mtchairs Profile Photo
mtchairs
#27Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 4/5/16 at 10:49pm

Yes, I just read that NY Times article!. Probably not anytime soon (we're still waiting for Book of Mormon) but at least Australia is being discussed. In the meantime, I have my tickets in NY & Chicago in November to look forward to Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#28Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 4/6/16 at 11:37am

I can't afford the Hamilton tickets in NY, and was hoping to see it in Chicago.  Unfortunately it looks like the ticket brokers are buying up all the seats via 'group sales' and by the time individual ticket sales become available everything will be gone for the next year at least.  I can't buy single tickets legitimately, but if I go to a third party site I can buy single Chicago Hamilton tickets for $400+ a pop.  It's pretty obvious what the people who buy "group sales" tickets are doing, but I guess nobody in management cares enough to do anything about it.

I really wish someone would find a way to stop this sort of thing.  It's making it impossible for people who want to see a show but aren't rich to do so.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#29Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 4/6/16 at 12:02pm

Group sales were limited to a specific window of time, I believe, as were subscriber tickets. There should be plenty of single tickets available when they go on sale. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#30Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 4/6/16 at 12:05pm

Does anyone have an estimate for when individual sale tickets will go on sale other than "the summer"?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ChiTheaterFan
#31Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 4/6/16 at 12:06pm

They won't sell the entire theater to groups. They have very limited group availability. That's why they sold out. And they were on sale several weeks before that happened. I know a lot of people who got group seats. It's definitely not all brokers. 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#32Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 4/6/16 at 12:38pm

OK, thanks.  I'm just wondering who it is who's selling all those single seats on the third-party sites.  Maybe season ticket holders looking to make some money?

Madz Profile Photo
Madz
#33Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/7/16 at 10:28am

I bought season tickets nearly two months ago and still haven't received anything in the mail yet. I know the first show isn't until October, but does anybody here know when they send the tickets out? (Or has anyone gotten theirs yet?) 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#34Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/7/16 at 10:30am

Madz said: "I bought season tickets nearly two months ago and still haven't received anything in the mail yet. I know the first show isn't until October, but does anybody here know when they send the tickets out? (Or has anyone gotten theirs yet?) 

Season tickets for Broadway in any city usually don't arrive until about a 1-2 months before the first show. The tickets go through a print factory so you will be receiving a nice souvenir booklet of tickets with the show logo printed on each ticket!

"

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ChiTheaterFan
#35Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/7/16 at 10:30am

Probably soon. They won't send them out until after they're done selling them. The last day to buy is tomorrow. 

ChiTheaterFan
#36Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/7/16 at 10:38am

bwayphreak234 said: "Madz said: "I bought season tickets nearly two months ago and still haven't received anything in the mail yet. I know the first show isn't until October, but does anybody here know when they send the tickets out? (Or has anyone gotten theirs yet?) 

Season tickets for Broadway in any city usually don't arrive until about a 1-2 months before the first show. The tickets go through a print factory so you will be receiving a nice souvenir booklet of tickets with the show logo printed on each ticket!

"

"

Broadway in Chicago doesn't do any kind of souvenir booklets. Or at least they didn't the 3 seasons I had season tickets. You get a packet with normal tickets. And now they've added the ability to do online exchanges and transfers I think. (Not 100% sure on that.). For non-Hamilton tickets they're also super easy to exchange by just emailing them. I've even accidentally missed a show and they gave me tickets for another night after the fact. Obviously that's not going to be true for Hamilton but it's true for shows that don't sell out. Their subscription services are much better than their general customer service. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#37Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/7/16 at 10:47am

^ Interesting... that's the first city I've heard of not doing souvenir tickets for season tickets!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ChiTheaterFan
#38Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/7/16 at 10:50am

The others you've seen are probably a part of Broadway Across America. Broadway in Chicago isn't affiliated with them. 

ChiTheaterFan
#39Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/24/16 at 4:49pm

Just got an email about the opportunity to exchange subscription tickets for Hamilton. Buried in the email was the following:

"Due to a sold out subscription we are unable to sell additional tickets to HAMILTON prior to the public on sale."

That's pretty lousy. My mom called and was expressly told season ticket holders would have a presale limited to 8 tickets within a certain time period. If they don't want to offer a presale that's fine but they should have made up their mind before they told people the incorrect information. They shouldn't be surprised they sold out the season packages. I'm pretty sure they sold out when BOM first came. 

At any rate, tickets won't be mailed until after the exchange period, which ends June 3. I expect general sales will begin shortly thereafter. 

another sloe eyed vamp Profile Photo
another sloe eyed vamp
#40Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:06am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/ct-hamilton-tickets-broadway-in-chicago-ent-0526-20160525-column.html

Chicago Tribune article confirming that subscribers won't be able to buy additional tickets to Hamilton as part of their subscriptions (and that subscribers aren't happy about it).

It also says that mailing the group tickets is being delayed, and that Broadway in Chicago is saying that they'll cancel any group tickets that they see on resell sites before they're mailed. 

Updated On: 5/26/16 at 08:06 AM

ChiTheaterFan
#41Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:29am

Even if they didn't make the promise in writing before people bought, they sure did make it verbally. I'm sure there's something in their T&C generally disclaiming the purchaser's any rights to have anything at all, but regardless, this is shortsighted and bad PR. BIC can't rely on Hamilton for making all its money forever, and they are really big on promoting subscriptions because they need them to sell seats to less popular show. I've been a subscriber for many seasons but I probably won't ever sign up again. I've also told numerous other people to subscribe because their customer service for subscribers has always been pretty good, but that definitely ends as well.  Plus if I'm borderline on whether I want to see any shows (such as touring productions I've already seen in NY), I may just skip them. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Maybe this will make non-subscribers happy because they'll have more access to tickets, but they're alienating the people they really need to buy tickets to the many, many shows they bring in that aren't Hamilton, the Lion King, or the other sell outs.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#42Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:41am

I agree with ChiTheaterFan. It seems like a weird-o move. I absolutely could have understood them reducing the amount folks could purchase... but banning pre-sales completely doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I'm not really all that upset about it as I was really just interested in seats for myself... but it really doesn't seem like a good move. 

What's even the point of limiting a subscriber pre-sale? Subscribers pay full price... and I'd imagine they are more likely to NOT be scaplers/brokers than would be folks buying tickets at the general sale. Additionally... I think BIC can place extra restrictions on subscriber tickets that they couldn't place on general sale tickets... so... I'm not sure why they're going to all the trouble.  

Jesus saves. I spend.

ChiTheaterFan
#43Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/26/16 at 10:37am

Exactly. I understand maybe there are logistical difficulties with the original plan, which was to allow subscribers to each buy 8 additional tickets within a 2 week period--there are probably too many subscribers for that to work. But that would be easily solved by extending the time period to, for example, six weeks, or extending the time period for subscriber exchanges (which they're still allowing in the first two weeks). Not eliminating them altogether. 

I still get to see the show as I wanted but I had several friends I had told I could get tickets--which is why they have a subscriber presale. The presale option has been one of the biggest benefits I've used with my subscription. I don't even see all the shows I have tickets to, so now I really don't see why I'd ever subscribe again in the future since any show I'm dying to see I'll have the option to do so in NY. 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#44Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 5/26/16 at 12:11pm

I've been waiting for single tickets to go on sale, and in the meantime, received an email notification this week about tickets.  It was a third-party site, but had Chicago Theatre in its title. The prices were marked up so much it was absolutely ridiculous.  Kind of wonder how this particular ticket broker got so many tickets.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

ChiTheaterFan
#45Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/9/16 at 9:44am

Update:  make your calendars for June 21. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/news/ct-hamilton-chicago-tickets-on-sale-20160608-story,amp.html?client=safari#

Also Seller acknowledges the resale offer they made by did not keep for subscribers by calling it a "mistake."  I see his point about there being no tickets for general sale for the early weeks, but they could've had a presale for later dates. The fact that they made the offer and changed their mind is going to hurt BIC with their subscriber base because they're the ones who made it. 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#46Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/9/16 at 10:04am

Thanks for the link, CTF.  Bummer is I'm going to be at work at 10 a.m. on June 21. Maybe I can take a VERY early lunch...

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#47Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/9/16 at 10:08am

Maybe you have a friend or loved one you trust with your information who might be available to do it for you?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

mtchairs Profile Photo
mtchairs
#48Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/9/16 at 10:09am

Just hope I can get some tickets. On sale Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 1:00:00 AM Sydney time for me! 

And good to see that the Chicago Tribune got some definitive answers.

#49Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
Posted: 6/9/16 at 10:20am

I think that's the first time anyone has said definitively Lin won't be in Chicago even if that is no surprise.