The Official TDF Thread

@z5
#125The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/13/16 at 12:52pm

American Psycho last Sunday was Orch Center Row M...perfect.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#126The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/13/16 at 1:06pm

When I did Fiddler I was Front Row Mezzanine. Great view! 

theNYCpro Profile Photo
theNYCpro
#127The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/16/16 at 12:15pm

Question from a new TDF & BWW member here:

Have you ever purchased multiple TDF tickets for a performance and had the seats NOT be together? I remember some fine print somewhere not guaranteeing consecutive seats. I'd like to take 2 or 3 friends to the Crucible (next time it pops up) but don't want to risk not sitting together.

Thanks!

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#128The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/16/16 at 12:22pm

I have been using TDF for 15 years, and have only had one experience where the seats I ordered were not together. In that case, I ordered 4 tickets, and the box office gave me two pairs of 2.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#129The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/16/16 at 12:26pm

I've been using TDF for about 11 years, and I too have only had one instance where the seats I ordered  were not together.  It is extremely rare, so I'm sure you'll be fine when you go see The Crucible.

10086sunset
#130The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/19/16 at 1:00pm

Act of God is up for 6 dates...

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#131The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/22/16 at 2:09pm

Does anybody remember if Penn & Teller tickets were on TDF the last time they were on Broadway? 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Hairspray0901
#132The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/23/16 at 4:56pm

Has anyone used TDF for Bright Star? Wondering where seats are?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#133The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/23/16 at 5:06pm

4/21 I saw Bright Star via tdf and got a center rear orch seat. Near perfect. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#134The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/23/16 at 5:25pm

Last Week I was Center Orch Row O. I was dead center of the theatre. Amazing seats.

BellaB2
#135The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/23/16 at 8:32pm

Has anyone gotten The Color Purple on TDF? Wondering where the seats are.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#136The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/23/16 at 8:42pm

I'm seeing The Humans Wednesday night. Any idea where tdf seats are? 

getlucky2
#137The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 11:07am

steven22 said: "I'm seeing The Humans Wednesday night. Any idea where tdf seats are? 

"

So Jealous! As soon as I saw Humans on there I RACED to get tickets but I was too slow.  All sold out! The Official TDF Thread

@z5
#138The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 11:29am

For The Humans I got ORch row P, back at the end of March, I was very happy with the location.

veraclaythorne2 Profile Photo
veraclaythorne2
#139The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 1:16pm

For The Color Purple, I got 2 tix for Heather's first show - mom and I were in Orch Right, Row P (second-to-last row), close to aisle. Seats were pretty good.

My friend got a single ticket for the same night, and wound up in the last row of the Mezz (K) on the far side. She still felt the view was fine.

BellaB2
#140The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 7:07pm

I'm at The Color Purple right now, and I got Mezz D, right side, and the view from here is great. Also, last time I sat on the left side, so it's nice to be on the other side now!

theNYCpro Profile Photo
theNYCpro
#141The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 7:39pm

Thanks for the responses re: the Crucible. Haven't gone yet but will update when I do.

I did see American Psycho last night, and the four TDF tickets I purchased were Mezz row A (first row) seats 6-12 (right). Not bad!

BellaB2
#142The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 8:30pm

Wow, they just announced Cynthia won't do act 2 The Official TDF Thread No idea what's wrong with her, she seemed fine during act 1... I hope she's ok!

Malatenj Profile Photo
Malatenj
#143The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 10:20pm

The kids and I are coming in for a theater binge the third week of June. I had tried TDF 2-3 years ago but didn't use it on our trip. I see some shows that posters have mentioned that are on our short list this year - Fun Home, Crucible, King and I. 

Questions- How far in advance are tickets released?  What is the max number of tickets for one show?  And is there always the e-tix option (as we won't be home for the mail option)?

@z5
#144The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 10:39pm

you pick up from box office; 9 seats her order typically (assuming availability); ~5 days give or take a few. it's hard to tell how much in advance.

Malatenj Profile Photo
Malatenj
#145The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 10:55pm

One more question - would the summer tourist season and higher capacity numbers mean less tickets offered on TDF?

@z5
#146The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/24/16 at 10:57pm

Possibly...it really is hard to say in advance. But King and I and Fun Home have consistently been up for multiple dates.

Malatenj Profile Photo
Malatenj
#147The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/25/16 at 10:11am

Ok, one more question (I hope). I just renewed my TDF membership and it looks like it might come in very handy for the shows we were wanting to see on our June trip to the city. 

What is the best way to watch this list for select shows (Fun Home, King and I, Eclipsed, etc.)?  Are they posted at a certain time each day?  If there a custom feed or alert I can set up - through TDF - or another site?  Thanks in advance. 

neonlightsxo
#148The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/25/16 at 10:41am

No, you kind of just have to check it multiple times throughout the day. This is New York theater, we're not that advanced. :)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#149The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 5/25/16 at 12:42pm

Bad news for American Psycho. It is up for a whopping  8 dates

Poster Emeritus