pixeltracker

Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...- Page 2

Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...

indytallguy
#25Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:00pm

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

WaltG2
#26Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:07pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1090907&dt=0

Funny thing is that most (if not all) of the posts Patti was talking about really shouldn't qualify for removal.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:08pm

WaltG2 said: "https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1090907&dt=0

Funny thing is that most (if not all) of the posts Patti was talking about really shouldn't qualify for removal."

Wait, where even are the board guidelines? I'm all for moderation on here but can't even find what qualifies as something that could/should be removed.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#28Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:10pm

indytallguy said: "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

*The lady doth protest too much, methinks

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:10pm

So who are the people who work in public and make a living from being in the public eye that we, the public are not allowed to discuss here? We should have a list pinned to the top of the board that we can add Ms. Murin to. 

WaltG2
#30Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:11pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Wait, where even are the board guidelines? I'm all for moderation on here but can't even find what qualifies as something that could/should be removed."

No idea.

I just assumed that it's the usual "Don't be a huge jerk & respect other people" thing that boards usually have.

Updated On: 3/10/16 at 07:11 PM

Pootie2
#31Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:15pm

This isn't necessarily obvious for everyone, but maybe the MODERATOR can add the link to the Rules (which is the right-most link above the board in the horizontal links e.g. "New post" ) in the new "Report abuse" thread.

Note to self: double-quotes with an immediate closing parentheses makes a winky for some reason.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin
Updated On: 3/10/16 at 07:15 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#32Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:15pm

Wait, where even are the board guidelines? I'm all for moderation on here but can't even find what qualifies as something that could/should be removed.

There's clearly a "Rules" link at the top of each board.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#33Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:16pm

Is Patti Murin stalking me? Thanks for the shout out but I'm not the first person who said that about Chad Kimball. Still love you but I'm not taking back what I said. There are things called jokes in this world. While I do throw out some snark on here I like to think I provide a lot more useful information. 

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

WaltG2
#34Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:18pm

Tag said: "There's clearly a "Rules" link at the top of each board."

Clear for who? I stopped reading that bar when I saw it was just a list of the different boards (and I'm clearly not alone in that). If I wanted to read a list of the boards, I'd hover over "Chat Boards" in the top bar.

WaltG2
#35Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:22pm

WaltG2 said: "Funny thing is that most (if not all) of the posts Patti was talking about really shouldn't qualify for removal."

Having now read the guidelines, I wholeheartedly reiterate the above.

Pootie2
#36Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:24pm

In all the forums in which I've participated, "personal attacks" is usually the main element/sticking point for moderation; usually that only means personal attacks against other board users and those directly related to the business surrounding the board (e.g. the company running it, moderators, etc.), but not usually individuals or entities outside that circle.*

*But then there's hate speech and threats, which most of the boards I frequent crack down on...

Updated On: 3/10/16 at 07:24 PM

CindersGolightly
#37Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:25pm

"As angry as we are, we choose love." 

What a gorgeous quote from Mrs. Murin.

FindingNamo
#38Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:26pm

Patti wants boosterism.  Patti wants journalists who are friends.  (Which never leads to good journalism, but whatevs).  Patti wants positivity.  Patti does NOT want snark.  Well, she doesn't mind "light snark."  So I propose she continues to do the only thing she says she can do: Write.  Write the rules for this board here.  Tell everybody exactly WHAT the line is between snark and light snark.  Or is this a "Patti knows it when she sees it" thing?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ClydeBarrow
#39Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:29pm

Does Patti want positoovity?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

WaltG2
#40Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:29pm

FindingNamo said: "Patti wants journalists who are friends.  (Which never leads to good journalism, but whatevs)."

For the record, it can. But the journalist needs to be professional. (When they're not is where the issues lie.)

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
CindersGolightly
#42Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:38pm

I mean, if her blog post did anything good, it made me go back and listen to the cast recordings of "Lady, Be Good!", "Next Thing You Know", and "Fly By Night"! I've loved her for awhile, she's an incredible talent. I wish so deeply that "Nerds" could somehow find a new investor. But alas, this isn't the "Smash" universe.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
ClydeBarrow
#44Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:42pm

"To all of you who I have quoted, or who just want to say hello, please introduce yourself to me. I’m on Twitter. I’m on Facebook. I would love to know who you are and see your faces so I can remind myself that you are also an actual human and not just an angry, nasty Gollum who finds sick joy in other people’s failure (cause that’s kinda how I picture you). We make ourselves vulnerable every single night on these stages, and now I’m asking that you make yourself vulnerable as well."

Maybe we could set up a meet & greet at the Longacre. I hear it's free these days.

Doody Fisher
#45Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:42pm

she shouldn't be in this business if she can't take a little anonymous criticism. LOL. I get that your show was cancelled, honey, but BWW forums isn't Datalounge. 

FindingNamo
#46Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:47pm

Dear Jesus, You're always helping people get Tonies'ses.  Please help with financing.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 3/10/16 at 07:47 PM

CindersGolightly
#47Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:50pm

Don't you mean Tonies's?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#48Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:51pm

Yes some of the comments were bad, especially ClydeBarrow's which was downright disgusting. Some were deserved. 

That being said, she seems to just be angry her show got cancelled. I love Murin, I do. But she attached herself to a DOA show. It wasn't the first and certainly not the last. It isn't the board's fault this mediocre show didn't make it to Broadway. She'll work again. But do not blame the board for the show's cancellation. 

Pootie2
#49Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:52pm

"To all of you who I have quoted, or who just want to say hello, please introduce yourself to me. I’m on Twitter. I’m on Facebook. I would love to know who you are and see your faces so I can remind myself that you are also an actual human and not just an angry, nasty Gollum who finds sick joy in other people’s failure (cause that’s kinda how I picture you). We make ourselves vulnerable every single night on these stages, and now I’m asking that you make yourself vulnerable as well."

I'm confused why she thinks (most) people here were reveling in the failure of Nerds; I'm pretty sure the negativity was aimed at the producers for their mismanagement, not the cast. Besides the couple Kimball comments.

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Yes some of the comments were bad, especially ClydeBarrow's which was downright disgusting. Some were deserved. 

That being said, she seems to just be angry her show got cancelled. I love Murin, I do. But she attached herself to a DOA show. It wasn't the first and certainly not the last. It isn't the board's fault this mediocre show didn't make it to Broadway. She'll work again. But do not blame the board for the show's cancellation.
"

Well, no one had the chance to see if it was mediocre or not.

Updated On: 3/10/16 at 07:52 PM