Support and Love Thread!!!

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#1Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/10/16 at 10:51pm

heartheartheartheartheart

Because negativity is no longer allowed on this Board, I thought we could open our hearts to the world and pour forth our positive energy into the world!!!! 

I'll start:

Nerds: The Musical will open and be a big hit because everyone in the cast loves everyone.

We will no longer look to the boards to find out if a show is good or b*d, but instead spend $200 on every show because every show is perfect and beautiful in its own way.

Thankssssss!!!

"In memory, everything happens to music"
Updated On: 3/10/16 at 10:51 PM

FindingNamo
#2Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/10/16 at 10:53pm

I'm making people happy! I'm the Magical Man from Happy-Land, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane! 

#noshroud

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

WaltG2
#3Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/10/16 at 10:54pm

But we're still allowed, nay, obligated, to be negative toward the board as a whole, right? The positivity only extends toward shows, yes? And we'll be showered with admiration for distancing ourselves from negativity by being overly negative towards the board, correct?

FindingNamo
#4Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/10/16 at 10:56pm

Amazing content = yes

Boosterism = yes

Critical thinking = risky

Critical writing = banishment, boards severed from site

After Eight
#5Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/10/16 at 11:12pm

I support and love My Fair Lady, Milk and Honey, and Hello, Dolly! forever and always.

I support and love The Student Gypsy, Dear World, Darling of the Day, and 70, Girls, 70 forever and always.

I support and love Mary, Mary, Any Wednesday, and Forty Carats forever and always.

I support and love the old Helen Hayes Theatre, the Morosco, and Henry Miller's Theatre forever and always.

I support and love my wonderful theatregoing memories forever and always.

FindingNamo
#6Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/10/16 at 11:13pm

We support you going to the new boards on the separate site.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#7Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/10/16 at 11:14pm

Who are these people?

Broadway Guru
#8Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 11:12am

BakerWilliams said: "heartheartheartheartheart

Because negativity is no longer allowed on this Board, I thought we could open our hearts to the world and pour forth our positive energy into the world!!!! 

I'll start:

Nerds: The Musical will open and be a big hit because everyone in the cast loves everyone.

We will no longer look to the boards to find out if a show is good or b*d, but instead spend $200 on every show because every show is perfect and beautiful in its own way.

Thankssssss!!!

"

I don't think that the intention is to make sure that every post is positive. It seems to me that it is to weed out a well thought out, mature opinion based on facts from an immature post from people who think they are being very clever (i.e. the OP) but really are just hiding behind the anonymity of an alias and computer screen to take cheap jabs at people in an effort to prove how clever and smarter they are than everyone else.

Take a look at this thread with everyone trying to out snarky everyone else.

Point made.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#9Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 11:17am

Broadway Guru said:

I don't think that the intention is to make sure that every post is positive. It seems to me that it is to weed out a well thought out, mature opinion based on facts from an immature post from people who think they are being very clever (i.e. the OP) but really are just hiding behind the anonymity of an alias and computer screen to take cheap jabs at people in an effort to prove how clever and smarter they are than everyone else.

Take a look at this thread with everyone trying to out snarky everyone else.

Point made.

"

I don't like your tone, or the way you generalize everyone's motives.

I've reported your post.

Point made.

....but the world goes 'round

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#10Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 11:22am

It's so very brave of you all to stand up against the nasty snark so that the light snark may shine through! At times like this, we must do the only thing we know how; we must write about it.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#11Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 11:23am

Yes! Write about it and report it!

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#12Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 11:35am

# T R I G G E R E D

"In memory, everything happens to music"

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#14Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 12:06pm

Gross. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#15Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 12:13pm

I'm just catching up on all of this now, and I'm a little speechless. What kind of whitewashed puppies and rainbows bullsh*t community have we become? And this is coming from someone who thinks Michael Riedel is a slime. Maybe Ms. Murin should have gone after him first for being a racist wing nut. (Did you read today's column, darling? He REALLY was looking forward to your show.) There's a difference between show queen-y bitchery and "hateful haters", and a lot of people are losing track of the difference. (And if show queen and bitchery are not supportive or loving terms anymore, mea culpa. I take them as terms of endearment.) Anyway, sorry to beat a dead horse.

Signing off with support and love, as always. 

10086sunset
#16Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 12:30pm

jv92 said: "I'm just catching up on all of this now, and I'm a little speechless. What kind of whitewashed puppies and rainbows bullsh*t community have we become? And this is coming from someone who thinks Michael Riedel is a slime. Maybe Ms. Murin should have gone after him first for being a racist wing nut. (Did you read today's column, darling? He REALLY was looking forward to your show.) There's a difference between show queen-y bitchery and "hateful haters", and a lot of people are losing track of the difference. (And if show queen and bitchery are not supportive or loving terms anymore, mea culpa. I take them as terms of endearment.) Anyway, sorry to beat a dead horse.

Signing off with support and love, as always. 

"

Well said jv92.  Could not agree more.

Updated On: 3/11/16 at 12:30 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#17Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 12:37pm

Why is PTthespian replying for Broadway Guru?

Did he forget to switch accounts before answering?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#18Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 12:46pm

Also, what new policy?

Pootie2
#19Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 12:54pm

tazber said: "Also, what new policy?"

I thought there isn't a "new" policy, just reiterating the old one with a slightly better tool, and BWW boards won't be moved to another site. In the end, Murin still loses.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#20Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 1:11pm

How can anyone lose? This is the start of a revolution of LOVE. #RebelHearts

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#21Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 2:26pm

I support Frank Wildhorn & Honeymoon In Vegas

Glad I got that off my chest.

Poster Emeritus

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#22Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 8:30pm

^^^ Reported!

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#23Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 8:55pm

There's a rapidly growing lack of maturity over much ado about nothing in terms of what's different.  But maybe some people here are oblivious to the forum rules.  Not once has it been said that there can only be positive comments. Patti didn't even say it.  So stop the hyperbole. It seems as though some people are even more sensitive than performers since they can't take criticism themselves. That's very telling. Regardless of Patti's approach or anyone else's comments - I don't think there's a rational person who would agree that some of the nastiness that goes on here is warranted by and towards anyone.  

There are many great posts on what's transpired here the past 24-48 hours. There's also a lot of bull**** that only illustrates the total disregard for respect - of those in the industry and those posting on the forums.

The truth?  Things might change here in regards to threads getting locked, posts being deleted and people being suspended or blocked.  But that's nothing new.  And if that bothers you - If not being able to say what you want anonymously to the world you can, in my opinion, leave. Start your own message board or blog and post away.  However, if you are posting here - there are guidelines set up by the owner of this site and the moderators. You aren't "entitled" to post here. You're invited. There's a difference.  Once you've figured that out - perhaps you'll also find some respect for those that are curating the content and keeping the site going.

Disclaimer: I previously worked for BWW. However I haven't in a few years - and haven't posted or moderated here in over 3 years.  

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

JM226
#24Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 9:27pm

excuse me but i dont think people need a lesson on the difference between free speech in a public arena and moderated speech on a private entity. people clearly understand that free speech is NOT guaranteed on a privately-owned website. but it doesnt mean they cannot complain about what they perceive as a sudden shift that is unfairly AGAINST them.  the fact that rob claims the message board traffic makes up only 10% of the website visits is absolte bull.  we have threads on here that get 10,000+ views in a span of HOURS.  so i think there are some who feel they're being unfairly attacked or targerted by a website owner who is dealthy afraid of losing the support of his "friends" in the theatre community.  it may be a smart move for the immediate future but could kill his website profits in the long run... just saying. 

also... WHO is the arbiter of what is respectful, what is rude, etc.  if you have an army of moderators scouring the message board, doesn't it become a subjective practice???  what is the definition of light snark vs. ugly snark on here??? rob should provide a detailed guide and handbook if he wants to keep people coming here who, in turn, provide more traffic to his website, which profits off that from advertisers. he needs discussion both good and bad, both nice and ugly. 

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#25Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 9:32pm

Look, bitchery and "snarkiness" has been going around a long time in this business. It was going on in the "Golden Age" as much as it goes on now. The internet makes it more uncomfortable for everyone, and that's unfortunate. And a reality we have to face. If all of us at BWW can make it a deal-able reality without being total pricks, I'm all for it.  If we can be honest (and witty, of course. Wit, always.) without being awful, I'm all for it. I see where Patti Murin is coming from, but I don't applaud her wholeheartedly, if at all. That's all I'll say about that. 

And again, we're a bunch of anonymous schmos (No offense, anyone). I think Michael Riedel is far more destructive than any of us. His ilk ought to be more of a concern than any one of us. 

Anyway, this may or may not be my last post on here because, as Craig mentioned, this is becoming "much ado about nothing", and this whole thing is just ridiculous on the part of some of us, and on the part of the performers who seems to have really thin skin these days. Yes, it's a tough business. Yes, we've all faced rejection in some walk of life, be it in show business or bean counting. Yes, it sucks big time. And yes-- Bring back Merman and Stritch! They had real balls! 

Anyway...goodbye for now. I'm tired of this sh*t. 

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#26Support and Love Thread!!!
Posted: 3/11/16 at 9:45pm

JM226 said: "also... WHO is the arbiter of what is respectful, what is rude, etc.  if you have an army of moderators scouring the message board, doesn't it become a subjective practice???  what is the definition of light snark vs. ugly snark on here??? rob should provide a detailed guide and handbook if he wants to keep people coming here who, in turn, provide more traffic to his website, which profits off that from advertisers. he needs discussion both good and bad, both nice and ugly. "

Most of the time common sense should prevail, no?  If you have to ask if you're being too much of an ass, it's likely you are.  Whether it's in public, or on a forum.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka