FALSETTOS 2016

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#75FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 4:05pm

I'm thrilled that Betsy is in this. Gosh, and Tracie!! What a great casting decision.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#76FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 6:04pm

I'm usually poor until January, will it run that long?

Stephanatic

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#77FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 6:07pm

Love Betsy Wolfe!  I seem to remember that she's slated for the Frozen musical.

I forget the timing of "Frozen" (I know it's a ways off, but wonder about her involvement during development and pre-Broadway tryouts or workshops)

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#78FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 6:51pm

South Florida said: "I'm usually poor until January, will it run that long?

"

It closes in mid January. It's doing a 14 week run.

Will3700 Profile Photo
Will3700
#79FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 6:53pm

The new article about the cast states the show is a Limited 14 week run. Does that start with Opening Night or are the previews counted in the 14 weeks? I will be in New York Jan 3-12th and this is the show I want to see most.

Liza's Headband
#80FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 6:56pm

MarkBearSF said: "Love Betsy Wolfe!  I seem to remember that she's slated for the Frozen musical.

I forget the timing of "Frozen" (I know it's a ways off, but wonder about her involvement during development and pre-Broadway tryouts or workshops)

"

That is patently false. As of last month, no one had been cast for any future full-scale productions of FROZEN. Betsy and Patti were hired for a two-week lab. That's it. 

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#81FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:02pm

Liza's Headband said: "That is patently false. As of last month, no one had been cast for any future full-scale productions of FROZEN. Betsy and Patti were hired for a two-week lab. That's it. "

Thank you for clarifying that (albeit in the attitude for which you're known). As I mentioned I hadn't recalled the extent of her commitment. 

Have the dates been announced?

smidge
#82FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:10pm

MarkBearSF said: "Liza's Headband said: "That is patently false. As of last month, no one had been cast for any future full-scale productions of FROZEN. Betsy and Patti were hired for a two-week lab. That's it. "

Thank you for clarifying that (albeit in the attitude for which you're known). As I mentioned I hadn't recalled the extent of her commitment. 

Have the dates been announced?

Yes, Mark. It's patently false that you seem to remember something!

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#83FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:24pm

smidge said: "Yes, Mark. It's patently false that you seem to remember something!"

Alas, that's increasingly true these days, But back to my original question, does anyone know how this aligns with her schedule for Frozen? 

smidge
#84FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:55pm

I don't think any specific dates have been announced for future Frozen development projects, whoever may be involved. And, as of now,  Falsettos is only a limited run through mid January so there shouldn't be a conflict. 

Liza's Headband
#85FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 8:05pm

MarkBearSF said: "smidge said: "Yes, Mark. It's patently false that you seem to remember something!"

Alas, that's increasingly true these days, But back to my original question, does anyone know how this aligns with her schedule for Frozen? 

"

Irrelevant since she is not currently attached to any future FROZEN productions.  

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#86FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 9:32pm

Even if Betsy was involved (or part of any show reading/workshop/etc.), it wouldn't have an effect on her performance in Falsettos. Development work is typically done during the day. It is extremely common to work on a show being developed during the day and perform at night.

schubox
#87FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 10:04pm

Is there any place to hear any of the music from this? We have one empty slot for our October trip for this mostly because I love Andrew Rannells but now I'm also considering the John Mulaney/Nick Kroll show.

seeing Great Comet, Front Page, Hamilton, and Cats (ugh) right now. Have the Saturday matinee open. 

playbill-love
#88FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 10:06pm

Both cast albums are on iTunes. 

smidge
#89FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/28/16 at 10:20pm

Just have this and Sweet Charity left to purchase for the fall. Really hoping for a discount offer.

schubox
#90FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/29/16 at 6:39am

playbill-love said: "Both cast albums are on iTunes. 

"

Well then, don't I feel dumb. Is there one you recommend?

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 06:39 AM

pupscotch
#91FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/29/16 at 6:45am

schubox said: "Is there any place to hear any of the music from this? We have one empty slot for our October trip for this mostly because I love Andrew Rannells but now I'm also considering the John Mulaney/Nick Kroll show.

seeing Great Comet, Front Page, Hamilton, and Cats (ugh) right now. Have the Saturday matinee open. 

"

Not going to lie, if you want to see both, and you clearly seem disgusted by the thought of seeing Cats, why don't you replace that and see both? 

schubox
#92FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/29/16 at 6:55am

pupscotch said: "schubox said: "Is there any place to hear any of the music from this? We have one empty slot for our October trip for this mostly because I love Andrew Rannells but now I'm also considering the John Mulaney/Nick Kroll show.

"

Not going to lie, if you want to see both, and you clearly seem disgusted by the thought of seeing Cats, why don't you replace that and see both? 

"

Cats is for my girlfriend. She has a childhood attachment to the show and has thanked me like a hundred times for taking her to see it. She said I could plan every other show if we went and saw Cats. I thought that sounded fair. I'll probably end up going to see Falsettos, something tells me the Mulaney/Kroll thing will end up being released someway or the other

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 06:55 AM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#93FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/29/16 at 9:02am

schubox, the musical Falsettos is a combination of 2 musicals, each forming one act: March of the Falsettos (originally produced in 1982, it's a sequel to the musical In Trousers) and Falsettoland (1990). I know they released a double album of the two but there was never a Broadway recording of the original (the three men were the same actors from the earlier two musicals so they probably didn't see the need). I like to listen to both at a time, forgiving them for replacing Alison Fraser with Faith Prince (and one of the Jasons is less annoying though I forget which one).

i hope they record the official Falsettos version of the score this year finally! 

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/29/16 at 09:02 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#94FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/29/16 at 9:43am

I seem to recall that Trina's standout solo, "I'm Breaking Down," isn't included on either the March of the Falsettos or Falsettoland recordings, but is instead on In Trousers as a bonus track.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#95FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 6/29/16 at 10:08am

the bonus track is from Alison's album A New York Romance; her voice at the time the album was recorded is unfortunately noticeably aged in comparison with March (or maybe she didn't warm up properly before singing it). Her performance of the song pales next to Barbara Walsh.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#96FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 8/19/16 at 9:02pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJRgMM2AGP1/

Gorgeous people.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#97FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 8/20/16 at 12:30am

Totally amped, will be my first show since Fun Home last May, and haven't seen my darling Stephanie since Drood.  Still not listening to the music, can't wait.

Stephanatic

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#98FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 8/20/16 at 12:40am

omg they all look wonderful!

broadwayguy91
#99FALSETTOS 2016
Posted: 8/20/16 at 3:28am

Christian Borle looks absolutely delectable in that photo