Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#50Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:27pm

Wouldn't a 3rd party candidate potentially cause none of the candidates to get a majority in the electoral college?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#51Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:27pm

I haven't dwelt on Bernie boards, I just see his posts.

Stephanatic

javero Profile Photo
javero
#52Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 9:42pm

This election cycle is slowing turning me into my father.  I just came across an opinion piece in WaPo that has to be the most shallow assessment of Hillary Rodham Clinton that I've ever encountered in print.  What has me shaking my head is that it was penned by a woman, Danielle Allen.  My initial reaction to it was...what planet is this lady from.  That was followed by one of my dad's favorite old fartisms...well, in the real world sweetie.  The author's assertion is that Hillary effectively represents only women and children and that she emasculates men. 

Hillary Clinton is walking into Donald Trump’s trap

I apologize in advance if you run into the pay wall.  Perhaps I'm overreacting but the piece reads like a CliffNotes profile of Hillary.  I just expected more from someone of Ms Allen's academic pedigree.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 5/4/16 at 09:42 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#53Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 10:23pm

More like Trump is walking into Hillary's trap.

Updated On: 5/5/16 at 10:23 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#54Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/4/16 at 11:40pm

Watching Republicans lose their **** today has been kinda fun.  I've lost count of how many prominent Republicans have tweeted out "I'm with her" or posted pictures and video of them burning their GOP registration cards.  

Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory

Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to VictoryClinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory

Renart
#55Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 10:06am

I'm not saying this will happen, but it's scarily plausible:

Hillary wins the popular vote in a landslide.  She smashes Trump in all the usual blue states she was going to win anyway.  Trump squeaks by in all the red states that Romney won.  He then convinces enough angry white mouth breathers in some combination of states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire to get 271 or more electoral votes. I can see people like my brother-in-law in Wisconsin, a staunch labor Democrat, voting for Trump because he wants to "stop Mexicans from taking our jobs."  Like I say to my wife at the beginning of every Criminal Minds episode, "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#56Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 10:14am

Renart, your scenario is implausible.  If Hillary wins in a popular landslide, it would absolutely flip states like Arizona, Missouri, and North Carolina.  And there aren't enough angry white mouth breathers in the states you mention to flip them.

Also, while I understand that early polls are not definitive, Clinton leads Trump in PA and NH by over 15 points.  That's a lot to overcome.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
Updated On: 5/5/16 at 10:14 AM

Renart
#57Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 10:32am

madbrian said: "Renart, your scenario is implausible.  If Hillary wins in a popular landslide, it would absolutely flip states like Arizona, Missouri, and North Carolina.  And there aren't enough angry white mouth breathers in the states you mention to flip them.

"

I didn't predict it to happen; I don't make statements like "it would absolutely..."  Nothing is absolute. You said it was implausible because somehow her popularity in NY and CA could possibly affect the vote in Missouri.  I lived there for several years and I don't think they care what other states think.  I've also spend at least half my life in Wisconsin and I have met enough people that could prefer him to her, especially with Bernie Sanders out of the picture.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#59Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 10:50am

That's why Bernie has to step aside, so we can get down to the serious business of winning a presidential election.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#60Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 11:31am

Anyone else catch Rob Reiner on Morning Joe today?  After talking about his upcoming movie, the conversation drifted to the election.  He took the media to task about coverage in general, and Joe and Mika immediately got combative and defensive.  

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/05/rob_reiner_voices_the_frustration_of_millions_calls_out_media_coverage_of_donald_trump_on_morning_joe/

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#61Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 11:55am

Joe and Mika have proven themselves to be nothing more than tools.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#62Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 12:40pm

They're annoying. When did Joe's hair get so big?!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Liza's Headband
#63Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 12:45pm

Trump and Clinton are two of the biggest bastards I have ever encountered in my life. Is this really the best we can do as a country? Jesus Christ. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#64Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 1:01pm

Ugh, you again. Go AWAY.

Updated On: 5/5/16 at 01:01 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#65Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 3:18pm

This is why he'll never win.

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

“Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!

https://t.co/ufoTeQd8yA”

TWITTER.COM|BY DONALD J. TRUMP

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#66Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 4:41pm

I think we all know what Paul Ryan hopes to be doing in 2020... 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#67Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 5:10pm

Patrick Healy has a quite "chilling" article in the NYT. I think I might be over reacting but I hardly slept last night. Please, this can not happen...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html?_r=0

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#68Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/5/16 at 6:12pm

What, HorseTears?

"

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#69Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/6/16 at 5:30pm

Now, Trump is actually vetting Joe Scarborough for VP? (very appealing for MSNBC and FOX viewers!!). Please, am I dreaming? He's already supposed to get official Intel briefings as the Republican nominee; what next? Amorosa for Secretary of State?

I should learn the lyrics to "Oh, Canada".

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#70Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/7/16 at 9:26am

Steve C. said: "Now, Trump is actually vetting Joe Scarborough for VP? (very appealing for MSNBC and FOX viewers!!). Please, am I dreaming? He's already supposed to get official Intel briefings as the Republican nominee; what next? Amorosa for Secretary of State?

I should learn the lyrics to "Oh, Canada".

Curious where you heard that. I can't stand Joe Scarborough but he did say on air this week that he would not be voting for Trump unless he changed several of his positions.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
BeadleDeedle Profile Photo
BeadleDeedle
#72Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/7/16 at 11:05am

Yeah but in no way does that article state Joe Scarborough is actually being vetted by Trump. Its just a think piece. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-joe-scarborough-wrong-222904

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#73Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/7/16 at 3:47pm

In my head, I know that most polls this far out are meaningless, but that doesn't stop me from looking at them.  So, at first I was alarmed when I saw a poll showing Trump with a one-point lead.  Then, I realized the poll was for Georgia, which is a huge red flag for the GOP.  Obama lost Georgia by 8 points.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#74Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/7/16 at 4:45pm

Yeah, speaking of which, I had CNN on in the background while doing some cleaning and caught good ol John King and his magic map.  He was running through various battleground state strategies that Trump and Hillary are apparently reviewing right now.  One thing that I found potentially troubling is that Trump is currently outperforming Hillary nationally by a few points on questions of who would be better for the economy.  

According to the most recent CNN/ORC poll:

By a 50% to 45% margin, voters say Trump would do a better job handling the economy than Clinton

And that number goes up to 59% in Mid-Western states.  

And almost 9 out of 10 voters in the poll called the economy extremely or very important to their vote, outranking any other issue tested in the poll.

He is going to hammer her on her past support for trade deals and I'm afraid that message - even when delivered by a vile demagogue - could resonate