SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews

AnnieBlack
#75SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 4/29/16 at 10:19am

So when will Audra's summer replacement be announced? 

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#76SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 4/29/16 at 11:21am

This show is infinitely more rewarding than AMER. PSYCHO. (Haven't seen WAITRESS, so can't compare.) And I can even say that having seen last Friday's performance when Audra was out. The artistry on this stage in so many departments makes it a must-see, even if the emotional slam-dunk was missing for me by the end of Act II. And you will see no dancing on Broadway more exhilarating than the work here-- the choreographic high-points are the equal of the spectacular AFTER MIDNIGHT of 2 seasons ago. The choice is a no-brainer.

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#77SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 4/29/16 at 11:41am

Playing charm, comedy, and coquettishness, plus shades of disappointment, grief, and indecision is just as challenging as playing all-out drama. Plus, the addition of extremely precise choreography. It's a different type of performance than we've seen from her in quite a while, very refreshing in my opinion.

Really pleased with these reviews. Agree with others that they rightfully acknowledge the flaws, but the highs are so much more memorable and impactful than the lows. Great cap on what I think was a really successful season! Excited to see what next year brings. 

"...and in a bed."

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#78SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 4/29/16 at 8:17pm

So, yes Audra's rendition of Memories of You" is stunning, yet I absolutely LoOOVE even MORE, is her spectacular "Daddy" number!!  Ho. Leeee.  Shiiiit!!!  Unbelievably funny!  Let me know YOUR opinions.  Say hello to me during intermission tomorrow nite, if you 're in the mezzanine.  Probably door 1or 2.  Have only met some bww people during Passing Strange.  (They were lovely, and not snarky at all!)

I'm "TINY"aka TheTinyMagic. BWW log on problems forever. Yeesh.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#79SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 4/29/16 at 8:28pm

So I've read the reviews and all of the posts here. It seems that great improvements were made during the preview period; especially in the first act. Seems like the second act was being reshaped, too. My takeaway, especially after reading Whizzer's last post, is that the rush to the Tony deadline has given us a good show when we could've had a great one.

RogerMoore
#80SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 4/29/16 at 10:49pm

I've seen the show a bunch (4x) and I love it - but I do have a question. Apologies if this has been fielded somewhere before, but I'd like to learn more about what it actually means when a show is 'Frozen'. I understand that a show gets reviewed in the 3 days before it opens and you certainly want to give people what they pay for after opening but is there some kind of rule about not changing anything once you've opened?

I know Benanti says they added a number to Swing! after they opened, so I'm just wondering if they can continue to edit once they're open?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#81SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 4/29/16 at 10:54pm

Have we heard anything about the show recording an album?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#82SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 5/1/16 at 3:30pm

Does anyone know if they are selling merchandise at the theatre yet? I know they didn't have it during previews.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#83SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 5/1/16 at 5:28pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl I don't recall  seeing any merchandise for sale in the lobby.

Don't miss SHUFFLE ALONG...it is one of the most exciting musicals this season and once again, Audra is beyond sensational in what she does in it and the choreography is breathtaking!

Here's a discount but believe it expires 5/2 telechargeoffers.com  code: sadmx1016

Front mezzanine: $99

Mid Mezzanine-Rear Mezzanine seats: $75-$55

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#84SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 5/1/16 at 5:42pm

Robbie2 said: "NJ_BroadwayGirl I don't recall  seeing any merchandise for sale in the lobby.

Thank you Robbie! I am seeing it on Tuesday and will report back inn case anyone else is wondering.

theatreguy12
#85SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 5/1/16 at 5:54pm

Thanks, BroadwayGirl.  

I really want to get a window card for this show!  

When I'm back in the city in two weeks I also want to take my SA Playbill (with the stocking legs) to the Music Box (to prove I saw it) and see if I can get the other version as well.  I'm hoping they'll be able to give me one.  I really like it.

chanel
#86SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews
Posted: 5/2/16 at 11:06am

Review says the show is as eye popping and exasperating as its full title.

http://www.out.com/michael-musto/2016/5/02/jesse-tyler-ferguson-wont-serve-you-legumes-fully-committed

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#87SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews / Discount Code
Posted: 5/3/16 at 5:44pm

FYI: DISCOUNT Code still working today not sure when it expires!

Don't miss SHUFFLE ALONG...it is one of the most exciting musicals this season and once again, Audra is beyond sensational in what she does in it and the choreography is breathtaking.

Here's a discount telechargeoffers.com  code: sadmx1016

Front mezzanine: $99

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 5/3/16 at 05:44 PM

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#88SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews / Discount Code
Posted: 5/3/16 at 6:40pm

For anyone wondering, I'm at Shuffle Along now and there is still no merchandise. Bummer. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#89SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews / Discount Code
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:13pm

FYI Offer good for seats till 10/9/16 but expires 6/10/16

Don't miss SHUFFLE ALONG...it is one of the most exciting musicals this season and once again, Audra is beyond sensational in what she does in it and the choreography is breathtaking!

SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews / Discount Code:

telechargeoffers.com  

code: sadmx1016

Orchestra/Front mezzanine: $99