pixeltracker

Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?- Page 2

Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?

Em6
#25Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/5/16 at 11:14pm

MyLife said: "With the recent news that Leslie is leaving in July I was hoping they'd be prepping Sydney for Broadway and not Chicago.

"Leslie is leaving?  Oh no, I need to see it again before he leaves."

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#26Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 7:42am

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "On the topic of understudies, has Nicholas Christopher officially joined as the Burr/Washington standby yet?"

As of this past Wednesday, answer is no. I'll list below the understudies/standby for the current cast:

Eliza/Angelica/Peggy - Alysha Deslorieux (standby)

Alexander Hamilton - Jon Rua

Aaron Burr - Andrew Chappelle, Austin Smith

Laurens/Philip - Andrew Chappelle, Thayne Jasperson

Lafayette/Jefferson - Andrew Chappelle, Seth Stewart

Mulligan/Madison - Andrew Chappelle, Austin Smith, Ephraim Sykes

Angelica - Elizabeth Judd

Eliza - Carleigh Bettiol, Elizabeth Judd

Peggy/Maria - Sasha Hutchings, Elizabeth Judd

George Washington - Austin Smith

King George - Andrew Chappelle, Thayne Jasperson

Wow! kudos to Andrew Chappelle for being the understudy for 5 roles in the show! Wow. 

trpguyy
#27Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:03am

Why does anyone leave a good job? They get sick of their bosses' sh*t. 

neonlightsxo
#28Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:22am

There is so much nonsense in this thread. Betsy was not asked to leave.

Gerald Avery, as well as MANY other actors that have been in and out of Hamilton, was a vacation swing. Updated On: 5/6/16 at 09:22 AM

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#29Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:38am

He is still listed on the website.  I saw him as George Washington during previews. Thought he did an excellent job.  

Not to be confused with Dave19.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#30Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 9:56am

Dave13 said: "He is still listed on the website. "

Groff was on the website until this week.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

FlySkyHigh
#31Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:04am

Just out of curiosity, what are the attendance records like for the main cast? In almost every Hamilton thread I've read, I get the impression that someone is ALWAYS out. I even saw on twitter a few months ago that Alysha Deslorieux had to cover all three Schuyler sisters in a month. I'm seeing the show over Memorial Day weekend and though I'm super excited to be seeing it general, I really hope all of the main cast is in that night. I'm thinking that since I'll being seeing it two weeks before the Tony Awards, barring illness, they will be. *fingers crossed*

neonlightsxo
#32Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:16am

That was only because the women were all on vacation. Most of the cast seem to have great attendance, except it seems Phillipa is out pretty frequently.

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#33Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:41am

FlySkyHigh said: "Just out of curiosity, what are the attendance records like for the main cast? In almost every Hamilton thread I've read, I get the impression that someone is ALWAYS out.

"

I think that is a perception more than reality.  It seems most of the cast members planned their vacations in the Spring. It's a large cast, so it is likely someone will always be out.  Also, because it is Hamilton, people seem to discuss it more often. Leslie is a workhorse. I don't think he ever misses a show unless he is on vacation. LMM shockingly has great attendance given all of the demands he has outside of performing. He has missed a few shows due to being sick, which is understandable given his schedule. The rest of the cast seems to have great attendance as well. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.
Updated On: 5/6/16 at 10:41 AM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#34Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:46am

Thanks for the info on Gerald Avery.  Can't believe I didn't think of that.  I compared my Playbills from November and March to see which cast members had changed and wondered why he wasn't there.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

MyLife
#35Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 11:25am

the principles all took vacations between January and April so that they could all be present and healthy for the couple months before the Tonys. Remember, they've been performing on Broadway since July (and had very little time off between Public and Broadway) so they were all due for some deserving time off. Casts in shows that only open in April don't have this issue and rarely miss performances before Tonys (since there aren't that many shows before the Tonys anyway).

musicals2
#36Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 12:18pm

Is the main cast present at all of the shows, or do they take off during the week?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#37Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 12:30pm

The only alternate is Javier Muñoz.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#38Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/6/16 at 6:39pm

Wick3 said: "oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "

Wow! kudos to Andrew Chappelle for being the understudy for 5 roles in the show! Wow. 

"

The other day he asked on the twitter if his fans still love him if he leaves the show. I'm wondering if he wants to be on the stage every day rather than being a swing of a mega hit show. He loves playing Jefferson but I don't think he'd be cast in Chicago or touring company.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#39Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/7/16 at 4:06am

Chappelle is fine; he seems to perform at least a couple of shows a week on average and with the number of tracks he covers, he is probably making major Bank.

neonlightsxo
#40Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 5/24/16 at 4:18pm

To the OP: according to PlaybillVault, Sydney is back in his track as of today, as is Ariana DeBose.

http://www.playbill.com/personlistpage/person-list?production=00000150-aea8-d936-a7fd-eefc733e0005&type=cp#cc

Updated On: 5/24/16 at 04:18 PM

ChiTheaterFan
#41Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:16pm

FYI saw the show tonight and  wanted to confirm that Sydney is indeed back!  

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#42Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:59pm

Huzzah to that. I saw his Washington and was truly impressed. His presence and intensity were on par with Jackson's, which is no small feat.  Also, I have soft spots and mad love for people with ties to Detroit, Ann Arbor, and Interlochen. Also, he's just one sexy dude. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#43Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:03am

oncemore, I'm from Michigan! (although I don't have ties to any 3 of those places, I did perform in a one-night concert of [title of show] in AA in 2014!)

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

oncemorewithfeeling2
#44Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:09am

Mitten State born and bred here--and occasionally even proud of it!

oncemorewithfeeling2
#45Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:09am

Mitten State born and bred here--and occasionally even proud of it!

ChiTheaterFan
#46Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 9:54am

I would love to see his Washington or Burr, although those are two leads I would be sad if they were out. I hope he picks up one of the roles either after they leave or in Chicago. 

He's also now listed as an understudy for Lafeyette/Jefferson. Was that true before?  Maybe I just don't remember. 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#47Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 10:18am

When I saw Hamilton for the first time back in November, Sydney was on for George Washington.  He was wonderful.  

I kind of hope he gets Aaron Burr in Chicago.  I definitely plan on buying tickets for that production when and if they ever go on sale!  Anyone have any hints as to when that might be?

I believe the Lafayette/Jefferson understudy is fairly new. Not sure if he has been on for either, especially since he was absent from the show for a good two months or so.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

MyLife
#48Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 10:24am

I loved Sydney's Burr and would be thrilled if he took over for Leslie after Leslie leaves!

ChiTheaterFan
#49Sydney James Harcourt left Hamilton?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 10:31am

DottieD'Luscia said: "I kind of hope he gets Aaron Burr in Chicago.  I definitely plan on buying tickets for that production when and if they ever go on sale!  Anyone have any hints as to when that might be?"

The subscriber ticket swap period (when subscribers can change their dates) just ended. They've said they aren't offering a subscriber presale so they should announce an on-sale date soon. I imagine there will be an AmEx presale as there usually is. 

Videos