pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 43

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

ebizzle
#1050HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 9:16pm

Although it's not a sure tell sign, we do know that Mandy has a lot of upcoming projects going on and just released an album. It wouldn't be so ridiculous to assume she may leave Hamilton soon

Rainah
#1051HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 9:17pm

could it be a 3 month extension? and then Ana will be coming in?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1052HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/18/17 at 9:40pm

I mean, they announced Montego Glover a month and a half before she started in Chicago, and Brandon Victor Dixon before he even had an official start date. They don't exactly have a system in place, to say the least. I'm hoping we'll at least get word that there'll eventually be new Broadway sisters sometime soon, not that they'd necessarily be starting soon.

BroadwayConcierge
#1053HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/20/17 at 12:54pm

Any word on the new Schuyler sister standby on Broadway? The official website is a lost cause for accuracy, but Syndee Winters is no longer listed on the show's IBDB page, and it looks like the only Schuyler standby listed there is Jennie Harney, who's a universal standby for all the productions, right?

Ahmy
#1054HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/20/17 at 7:53pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Any word on the new Schuyler sister standby on Broadway? The official website is a lost cause foraccuracy, but Syndee Winters is no longer listed on the show's IBDB page, and it looks like the only Schuyler standby listed there is Jennie Harney, who's a universal standby for all the productions, right?"

Yeah, she is. They also have Lauren and Amber as understudies for Peggy/Maria. It's kind of odd that none of the other women ensemble/swings understudy the other two sisters, though. 

I have a feeling we'll end up finding out through an Instagram post and not an official notice from the show.

Ahmy
#1055HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/20/17 at 7:53pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Any word on the new Schuyler sister standby on Broadway? The official website is a lost cause foraccuracy, but Syndee Winters is no longer listed on the show's IBDB page, and it looks like the only Schuyler standby listed there is Jennie Harney, who's a universal standby for all the productions, right?"

Yeah, she is. They also have Lauren and Amber as understudies for Peggy/Maria. It's kind of odd that none of the other women ensemble/swings understudy the other two sisters, though. 

I have a feeling we'll end up finding out through an Instagram post and not an official notice from the show.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1056HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/20/17 at 8:59pm

A new non-Hamilton male stand by, Carvens Lissaint, begins tomorrow night with a first performance as Washington. It's getting hard to keep track of all the new names in the show.

BroadwayConcierge
#1057HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/20/17 at 9:01pm

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "A new non-Hamilton male stand by, Carvens Lissaint, begins tomorrow night with a first performance as Washington. It's getting hard to keep track of all the new names in the show."

Exciting! I assume he's taking over Gregory Treco's spot?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1058HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/20/17 at 9:44pm

Seems like it! He's a spoken word artist and TED Talk as a performer. I no nothing about this dude, but from viewing his IG and Twitter, it seems like has gotten close to the cast and is continually reminding himself how lucky is to have gotten this job. Lots of gratitude and thanks to other people.

HennySlay
#1059HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/20/17 at 9:51pm

"

I always thought that was odd with the ensemble. When the show first opened ensemble members covered the principles (Carleigh Bettoil covered Eliza, Sasha Hutchings covered Peggy/Maria, Betsy Struxness covered Angelica, and Emmy Raver Lampman covered all three sisters and it continued with the men too. None of the female replacements have covered the track that their predecessor did (except for Elizabeth Judd who replaced Lampman). It seems that the Woman 5 track is designated as the cover track (Lampman, Candace Quarrells (Chicago), Judd, and Raven Thomas (Tour) all cover the sisters). But none of the other ensemble tracks cover the sisters anymore with the exception of Lauren Boyd who was added as a Mariah/Peggy cover a couple months into her run and Amber who also became a Peggy/Mariah cover a couple months into her run. 

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1060HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/20/17 at 11:22pm

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "All signs indicate that Mandy and Lexi are both staying out. Like Neon said, if they've renewed their contracts, I doubt they're going anywhere."

I feel this way but seeing it written hurts so much more! 

BroadwayConcierge
#1061HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/21/17 at 10:22am

I'm just perplexed that the new Peggy/Maria is starting in two days and the show's press team hasn't put out a single sentence officially announcing her. Either they're waiting to announce something in addition to Jones, or they're just really lazy and sloppy. (I think we all know the answer.)

BroadwayConcierge
#1062HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/22/17 at 4:59pm

Continuing to play my game called "Being Frustrated with Hamilton" to point out that Syndee Winters is still listed as the show's Schuyler sister standby on its website, Kamille Upshaw is still listed as a swing, and that Joanna Jones is starting as Peggy/Maria tomorrow without any form of announcement (and four parentheses around her character title on the show site).

Blurg.

secretschuylersister Profile Photo
secretschuylersister
#1063HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/24/17 at 12:45am

Did I just not catch it or was there no official announcement for Joanna joining the cast as Peggy/Maria? She'll be doing an IG takeover on the 24th to "Celebrate Peggy's Birthday!"

I would've totally forgot about her joining the cast if it wasn't for DWJ's IG story of the notes on a bulletin board for today's matinee that says "Today we welcome JOANNA A. JONES as Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds!"

Updated On: 9/24/17 at 12:45 AM

BroadwayConcierge
#1064HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/24/17 at 7:38pm

Nope, Joanna didn't get a single sentence announcing her taking over the role.

Also on the Peggy/Maria front, today is Samantha Marie Ware's last day in the Chicago production. Do we know who'll be taking over there on Tuesday night?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1065HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/24/17 at 7:42pm

^aubin wise made a post about taking over, but then deleted it. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge
#1066HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/24/17 at 7:54pm

Call_me_jorge said: "^aubin wise made a post about taking over, but then deleted it."

Right, but what does that mean? That she wasn't allowed to share the news at the time, or that she hasn't actually been cast as the replacement?

BroadwayConcierge
#1067HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/26/17 at 9:37am

Aubin Wise’s Instagram bio now says she’s Chicago’s Peggy. She’s also doing the Hamilton Instagram account takeover today, her first official day in the principal role. Exciting!

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1068HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/26/17 at 12:08pm

secretschuylersister said: "Did I just not catch it or was there no official announcement for Joanna joining the cast as Peggy/Maria? She'll be doing an IG takeover on the 24th to "Celebrate Peggy's Birthday!"

What's also weird is that the Chicago cast page has no one listed as Burr and Olivo still listed as Angelica. So someone went through the trouble to remove Breaker and add him to the Broadway company page, but not add the new Burr and Angelica to the Chicago company page. Now they need to remove Samantha Ware, add Aubin as Peggy, and add the new Schuyler sister standby.

Joanna is on the website, but no announcement. Montego and Gregory got an announcement but aren't on the website.

Updated On: 9/26/17 at 12:08 PM

Rainah
#1069HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/26/17 at 12:47pm

Absolutely wild. You'd think, making as much profit as they do, they can afford to hire someone to do this

nmlhats
#1070HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/26/17 at 1:03pm

Rainah said: "Absolutely wild. You'd think, making as much profit as they do, they can afford to hire someone to do this"

Or they are too busy counting their money and they just can't be bothered.

BwayinVan
#1071HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/1/17 at 1:49pm

Looks like Elizabeth Judd is going to be the new principal standby as she just posted on her IG. I wonder is Morgan or carleigh are going to be returning?

BroadwayConcierge
#1072HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/1/17 at 1:53pm

Link to the above, confirming that Elizabeth Judd is indeed the new Schuyler sister standby: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZttBx6ADKv/

nmlhats
#1073HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/1/17 at 3:59pm

Very good news re Judd. Next stop, Peggy/Maria?

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1074HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 3:06am

nmlhats said: "Very good news re Judd. Next stop, Peggy/Maria?"

I think she's much more of an Eliza which will hopefully work to her benefit. It's a tricky role to cast. It is interesting that Peggy/Maria is the only track that Schuyler standbys have been promoted to. Only twice so it's likely coincidence, but still interesting especially with Alysha because while her Peggy/Maria is quite good I thought she was even better as Eliza and Angelica. Alysha was a real treasure because she was truly good at all three roles.

Updated On: 10/2/17 at 03:06 AM