pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 44

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

secretschuylersister Profile Photo
secretschuylersister
#1075HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 7:14am

If anyone is curious, you can hear some of Joanna (I think that's her?) singing "Say No To This" in the background of Anthony Lee Medina's IG story!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1076HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/17 at 3:09pm

Tyler McKenzie is joining the Broadway company, though I'm not sure which track.

BroadwayConcierge
#1077HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/3/17 at 1:13pm

Would love to hear how Joanna Jones has been as Peggy/Maria.

Also, I hate to keep bringing this up, but Javi was apparently out for almost all of last week. I can't believe he's still the principal A. Ham.

michaelhale
#1078HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/3/17 at 2:00pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Would love to hear how Joanna Jones has been as Peggy/Maria.

Also, I hate to keep bringing this up, but Javi was apparently out for almost all of last week. I can't believe he's still the principal A. Ham.
"

I saw Joanna, she was great! Her voice on Say No To This was incredible, so smooth. She was a joy.

Also, the Hamilton we saw (Jevon) was great! I didn't expect Javi to be there, so it wasn't a surprise when he wasn't.

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#1079HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/3/17 at 2:06pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Would love to hear how Joanna Jones has been as Peggy/Maria.

"

According to his IG live, it looked like he was on vacation and/or working on a project out of town.

neonlightsxo
#1080HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/5/17 at 7:52pm

"I hate to keep bringing this up,"

If you hate to, then don't? You obviously don't hate it.

I was just coming into this thread to see if Javi was on any sort of regular schedule again. I have tickets for the end of the month. I guess that's a no. 

Ahmy
#1081HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/5/17 at 8:31pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Tyler McKenzie is joining the Broadway company, though I'm not sure which track."

Maybe for Rickey Tripp (George Eacker)? It seems like that role has been covered by swings for the last month or so.

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1082HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:38pm

A bit OT, but did Emmy Raver Lampman ever go on for Eliza or Peggy/Maria? There doesn't seem to be any evidence that she did although admittedly I didn't look especially thoroughly. Just curious as I can't imagine her as Eliza.

secretschuylersister
#1083HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:24pm

Voltaire Wade-Green’s last performance was today. 

BroadwayConcierge
#1084HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/25/17 at 12:00am

Elizabeth Judd went on as Angelica tonight—her debut in the Schuyler sister standby track.

Also, Mandy Gonzalez is out of the show through at least November 4 due to her Café Carlyle debut.

BroadwayConcierge
#1085HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/25/17 at 12:26am

Also, just skimming the very top of my list of current Hamilton website annoyances (it's been too long, hasn't it?), Elizabeth Judd is still listed as Ensemble, and now-exited cast members Kamille Upshaw, Voltaire Wade-Greene, and Syndee Winters remain up there. I'm honestly so over the Hamilton digital team at this point (even though I think it's ridiculous they're funneling energy into a mostly useless app over an up-to-date show website), but whatevs. Had to point out.

secretschuylersister
#1086HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/29/17 at 12:11pm

According to Javier's IG story, he'll be out until November 7th

BroadwayConcierge
#1087HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/29/17 at 3:32pm

secretschuylersister said: "According to Javier's IG story, he'll be out until November 7th"

Javi out? Just shocking, I tell you!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#1088HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/29/17 at 4:53pm

I saw Elizabeth Judd go on for Angelica on Friday night, and she was absolutely incredible!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BroadwayConcierge
#1089HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/29/17 at 4:56pm

bwayphreak234 said: "I saw Elizabeth Judd go on for Angelica on Friday night, and she was absolutely incredible!"

That's awesome to hear! I wish I could see her in that role. I saw her as Eliza earlier this year and while she was lovely, her performance felt a little restrained. I could tell she had talent inside of her that wasn't coming through in the role and that she could probably nail Angelica. 

SchuylWERKsister
#1090HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/29/17 at 5:12pm

I want to see Elizabeth Judd as Eliza or Angelica so badly.

Rainah
#1091HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/1/17 at 10:19pm

I guess this is as good a place to ask as any. Anthony Lee Medina recently mentioned on social media a "january vacation". Any ideas/guesses of when? I am in town for broadwaycon and keen to see him in the role again, but if he's out I may wait till the summer and a new cast...

SchuylWERKsister
#1092HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/2/17 at 10:25am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Also, just skimming the very top ofmy list of currentHamiltonwebsite annoyances (it's been too long, hasn't it?), Elizabeth Judd is still listed as Ensemble, andnow-exitedcast members Kamille Upshaw, Voltaire Wade-Greene, and Syndee Winters remain up there. I'm honestly so over theHamiltondigital team at this point (even though I think it's ridiculous they're funneling energy into a mostly uselessapp over an up-to-date show website), but whatevs. Had to point out."

To add some fuel to your fire. Brittney Campbell’s (new Schuyler standby in Chicago) name was spelled wrong in the playbill for several days.

Updated On: 11/2/17 at 10:25 AM

secretschuylersister
#1093HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/17 at 7:07am

Anthony Lee Medina is leaving NYC today but I'm not too sure how long he'll be gone. Does anyone know? He tagged his location as JFK airport just 30 mins ago.

BroadwayConcierge
#1094HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/7/17 at 10:03pm

Javi has been out for the past 10 performances (as noted above) and is apparently still out for most of this week as well. Seriously, someone needs to recast the frigging role already.

Updated On: 11/7/17 at 10:03 PM

hamiltonstradition
#1095HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/8/17 at 8:28am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Javi has been out for the past 10 performances (as noted above) and is apparently still out for most of this week as well. Seriously, someone needs to recast the frigging role already."

I'm very shocked that they haven't started looking for a new lead. I haven't seen Donald Webber, but he has a lot of experience in the Role, so does Jevon. I think they should cast someone new though!

likecavalry
#1096HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/8/17 at 1:45pm

I'm silently gunning for Kyle Beltran to be cast as Hamilton. He was a great Usnavi and with all the dramatic work he's done since, I think he would bring new layers to the role. It's been awhile since he's done a musical though. 

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#1097HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/8/17 at 8:09pm

likecavalry said: "I'm silently gunning for Kyle Beltran to be cast as Hamilton. He was a great Usnavi and with all the dramatic work he's done since, I think he would bring new layers to the role. It's been awhile since he's done a musical though."

He has great energy and I enjoyed watching him when I saw Midsummer last summer, but isn’t he a bit young to be Hamilton? I imagine him blowing Act 1 Hamilton out of the park, but in Act 2 he’s up in his 40s. Does he have the gravitas to play that?

Disclaimer: I don’t actually know how young he is. Late 20s, early 30s?

likecavalry
#1098HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/8/17 at 8:17pm

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns said: "likecavalry said: "I'm silently gunning for Kyle Beltran to be cast as Hamilton. He was a great Usnavi and with all the dramatic work he's done since, I think he would bring new layers to the role. It's been awhile since he's done a musical though."

He hasgreat energy and I enjoyed watching him when I saw Midsummer last summer, but isn’t he a bit young to be Hamilton? I imagine him blowing Act 1 Hamilton out of the park, but in Act 2 he’s up in his 40s. Does he have the gravitas to play that?

Disclaimer: I don’t actually know how young he is. Late 20s, early 30s?
"

He's 31, which I think is older than Luwoye and some of the alternates. And based on his work in Head of Passes (and to some extent, Fortress of Solitude), he can definitely handle emotional roles. I think my only concern is he would do such a good job that I would actually feel for Hamilton in Act Two, ha. 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1099HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/8/17 at 9:10pm

likecavalry said: "I'm silently gunning for Kyle Beltran to be cast as Hamilton. He was a great Usnavi and with all the dramatic work he's done since, I think he would bring new layers to the role. It's been awhile since he's done a musical though."

^^^^^^

This. Every second of this. Beltran is like, stupid talented and could move into nearly any role in the show. I think he’s 30 or 31 now, which is older then Michael Luwoye.

Videos