pixeltracker

Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??- Page 4

Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??

nyc88
#75Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 2:56pm

The Hollywood Reporter didn't report anything Lin-Manuel didn't say himself. Read the Rilling Stone article. It's toward the end. He made it very clear he's leaving after a year. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#76Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:00pm

But did he give a date?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

neonlightsxo
#77Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:08pm

nyc88, there's no date in the RS article. THR has a date. What are you not seeing?

Evergirl
#78Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:13pm

The link to the THR article no longer works.  Maybe that is why the previous poster isn't seeing a date?

neonlightsxo
#79Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:14pm

My post from this morning has the date in it. I typed it. But here it is again:

July 9th.

July 9th.

July 9th.

The Rolling Stone article does not say July 9th.

Evergirl
#80Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:17pm

No, I get it.  I do think it is interesting that the article disappeared.  (And it isn't just a bad link, I can't find it on THR website).  Maybe inaccurate info?  Of course I am likely just being hopeful since I have tickets for 7/13.

MyLife
#81Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:19pm

The Rolling Stone interview insinuated that Miranda would leave after a year. I'm pretty sure anyone reading this thread and who has been following Hamiltonmania would know that means July 9 since that's the end of the last week of performances before Hamilton enters its second year.

Updated On: 6/2/16 at 03:19 PM

Evergirl
#82Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??

Just kidding.  Apparently I cannot search today.  Just found it again.  The THR blog post, I mean.

neonlightsxo
#83Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??

I'm sorry about your tickets but you're in denial.

Lin did the show from January 2015 and will through July 2016, minus a month or so between the Public and Broadway. If you missed him in the show, sorry but you jumped on the bandwagon too late.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#84Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:21pm

Evergirl said: "No, I get it.  I do think it is interesting that the article disappeared.  (And it isn't just a bad link, I can't find it on THR website).  Maybe inaccurate info?  Of course I am likely just being hopeful since I have tickets for 7/13."

It's still around. But you're not seeing Lin.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/hamiltons-lin-manuel-miranda-sets-899014

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

nyc88
#85Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:22pm

I guess my bad. It seemed that the combination of the Seller quote and Lin-Manuel's comments pointed to July 9. But, his one year comment could have implied a date a few days later in July. To me the actual day didn't seem crucial, but I certainly see why to some even a one day difference is very crucial. 

neonlightsxo
#86Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:25pm

Contracts don't end in the middle of the week, and Lin only does 7 shows a week. So one show DOES matter because he wouldn't end his run in the middle of the week.

I truly don't understand why everyone wants to fight with the information given.

Evergirl
#87Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 3:26pm

You get that I am not arguing with you, right?  Holding out hope (however ruefully) is to be expected, no?  I am sure I will still see a fabulous show, Lin or no.  Sorry I didn't jump on the bandwagon soon enough to suit your superior attitude.

sharilynj
#88Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 4:01pm

The Wrap says their own source also confirmed June 9: http://www.thewrap.com/hamilton-lin-manuel-miranda-sets-final-performance-date/

Mediamaven2
#89Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 4:54pm

sharilynj said: "The Wrap says their own source also confirmed June 9: http://www.thewrap.com/hamilton-lin-manuel-miranda-sets-final-performance-date/

You don't know that it's not the SAME source! I worked in media. The 'source" can be the same. And perhaps it's  all the one and the same person who posted this on Broadway World the other day!! ;o)

Doesn't make it wrong, but a cacophony of voices referring to an unnamed source doesn't make it "more" real!

"

Mediamaven2
#90Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 4:59pm

Reading the articles re: rest of cast "holding" out for big raises, etc.,...I'd be surprised if the entire cast was so up in the air just a mere 4 weeks before their contracts expire.  Things must be settled somewhat more than the articles state? Clearly if the whole cast leaves a bunch of people need to start rehearsing together fairly soon.  If anyone has informed general showbiz experience/ opinion please illuminate this poster.  I get one or two or even three up in the air, but all of them?  

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#91Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 5:00pm

The bigger question is Odom.  For my money, his performance is the one that would be most missed. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Mediamaven2
#92Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 5:10pm

Auggie27 said: "The bigger question is Odom.  For my money, his performance is the one that would be most missed. 

I agree. Much as I love Lin and no one can replace the excitement of the creator on the stage, Odom to me carries more of the show. I hope he wins the Tony. And I hope, whatever plans he may have as posted above to perform in CA in late July, he arranges a contract that allows him  (perhaps after a short break) to continue in the show for more audiences for many many months.

Mediamaven2
#93Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 5:42pm

neonlightsxo said: "Contracts don't end in the middle of the week, and Lin only does 7 shows a week. So one show DOES matter because he wouldn't end his run in the middle of the week.

I truly don't understand why everyone wants to fight with the information given.

What's wrong with anyone thinking "a year" means one year from the beg of broadway previews...i.e. July 13 2015 to July 13 2016. You insist no one ends their broadway run in the middle of a week (yet apparently they start in the middle of the week sometimes) so then one could plausibly think it goes to the end of the July 13 week, whatever numerical date that would land on.  Not everyone knows that contracts are "52 weeks" vs "a year" and thus 52 weeks actually neatly ending on a Sunday ie July 10. How you count matters, whether it's one year, vs 52 weeks, seems to make a difference. So some people are looking at it one way, hopeful with tix for that week, and in the absence of confirmation or announcement, holding out hope. Big deal!

"

beforetheparade Profile Photo
beforetheparade
#94Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 6:52pm

I have two sets of tickets for June 15, one for the matinee and one for the evening. I know that Lin does not perform in some of the weekend matinees, but a girl in my office also claims that he is known to not do one of the evening performances each week. Is this true? If so, is there a pattern to this? Trying to figure out which performance to go to as even though I have four tickets, I will personally only be using one. Thanks!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#95Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 6:53pm

Looks like my eyes were going crazy and I thought you said July! According to their website, Lin should be performing that day. Here's the list of when Javier is performing through July 3rd:

Sunday June 5 @ 3:00pm 
Sunday June 12 @ 2:00pm (Tony Sunday) 
Sunday June 19 @ 3:00pm 
Sunday June 26 @ 3:00pm 
Sunday July 3 @ 3:00pm

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/2/16 at 06:53 PM

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#96Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 6:56pm

gypsy101 said: "Sounds like it won't matter which show you attend because it looks like he's leaving the show a week before you'll see it (unfortunately)."

I think the above poster is going in June, not July.

beforetheparade Profile Photo
beforetheparade
#97Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 6:57pm

Yep, going in June, not July!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#98Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 7:02pm

Sorry!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

seriously13
#99Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 7:31pm

I'm sure that discussions have been ongoing, and that things will fall into place after the Tonys.  If I'm one of the actors nominated for a Tony, I would absolutely hold off on making a commitment until I find out whether I get the Tony (and can leverage that into a nice hefty raise if I do agree to stay).  I also suspect that the producers want to hold off on making any announcements about OBC departures until after they benefit from the inevitable bump in sales after Hamilton cleans up at the Tonys.

As for Lin, I suppose it ain't over until he tweets it's over.  But all signs point to him leaving whenever his contract is up in mid-July.  He's basically said as much in the RS article, and previews started last July 13.  So ending on Sat Jul 9 makes a lot of sense.  That way, he can have a big sendoff then and his replacement can start afresh the following week.  

And seriously, if you're Lin, why would you stay?  The royalties are rolling in, so he doesn't need the money.  And he seems to have lots of projects and perhaps even a new musical in the works.  Also, he looks exhausted and probably would like to have a little more free time to spend with his family.  (I also bet he can't wait to cut his hair!)  For those of you who will likely miss him performing in Hamilton on Broadway, keep your fingers crossed that some of the other great members of the OBC stick around ... and keep in mind that there's a decent chance that Lin puts on his breeches again for one of the touring productions and/or in London.