pixeltracker

Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??- Page 5

Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#100Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 7:35pm

Lin leaving the show made the ABC World News Tonight... Pretty surprised.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#101Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 7:37pm

Was it Riedel who said he'd be leaving in the summer a few months ago? No big surprise to anyone reading the tea leaves. I can't remember now, wasn't  he going to open the Chicago sit-down in October?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#102Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 7:39pm

Access Hollywood mentioned it, too. As I come to you live from middle America, I can confirm that middle America is aware of Hamilton.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#103Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 7:41pm

^^ Believe me I am coming to you live from the fabled "Middle America" as well.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

beforetheparade Profile Photo
beforetheparade
#104Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 7:52pm

gypsy101 said: "Looks like my eyes were going crazy and I thought you said July! According to their website, Lin ?should be performing that day. Here's the list of when Javier is performing through July 3rd:

Sunday June 5 @ 3:00pm 
Sunday June 12 @ 2:00pm (Tony Sunday) 
Sunday June 19 @ 3:00pm 
Sunday June 26 @ 3:00pm 
Sunday July 3 @ 3:00pm

"

Thanks gypsy!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#105Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 10:33pm

And here are what ticket prices are for his last performance. Almost $10,000.00 a piece.

http://www.thewrap.com/hamilton-lin-manuel-miranda-tickets/

Just give the world Love.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#106Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/2/16 at 10:44pm

you're welcome beforetheparade!

eh, i'm looking at the ticketmaster for that performance right now and that's the outlier. most are around $3000. Can you believe how lucky those scalpers are?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/3/16 at 10:44 PM

bear88
#107Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 4:38am

Those prices are making me feel good about paying what I did a few months ago.

schubox
#108Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 6:45am

gypsy101 said: "you're welcome beforetheparade!

eh, i'm looking at the ticketmaster for that performance right now and that's the outlier. most are around $3000. Can you believe how lucky those scalpers are?

"

There's still tickets for under a grand 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#109Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 6:54am

seriously13 said: "For those of you who will likely miss him performing in Hamilton on Broadway, keep your fingers crossed that some of the other great members of the OBC stick around ... and keep in mind that there's a decent chance that Lin puts on his breeches again for one of the touring productions and/or in London."

Hm, I'm not sure about that.  Touring is rough, and he has a lot of work to do in NYC plus that's where his family is.  I doubt he'll see any reason to go with any of the touring/overseas companies when he doesn't have to.  It's not like he needs the money, and I'm sure after all this time he's sort of Hamiltoned out.

aaaaaa15
Liza's Headband
#111Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:30am

Oh, good lord. There is zero confirmation of that.

If you actually take the time to click on Broadway.com's source, they're basing it off a gossip column in the Daily Mail, which doesn't always succeed in accurate reporting, which fails to cite any sources. It doesn't even pretend to cite sources "close to the production" or "insider" sources, so they clearly have no idea what's happening. 

aaaaaa15
#112Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:33am

Right but Baz is often the first to release casting news. I'm not saying it's confirmed but it's also not unlikely, especially as Lin said a year ago that he wanted to do it in London.

Liza's Headband
#113Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:35am

Where in my response did I ever say it wasn't likely, or unlikely for that matter? I simply don't want people to see your post with the proclamation, "He is doing it in London" and then freak out assuming it's suddenly the truth. It's not. There is no confirmation of this and the particular rumor in question originated from a gossip column citing zero sources. Be patient. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#114Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:35am

Did you see the date of that Daily Mail story? APRIL 28. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3564682/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-fine-affair-Ruth-Wilson-takes-Ibsen-s-classic-play-Hedda-Gabler.html

The fact that Baz talks about Tony nominations in future tense should've been a clue.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

aaaaaa15
#115Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:37am

LH, I mentioned that it wasn't unlikely due to Sarah's post insinuating that it was. I'm perfectly patient.

Lizzie, what does the date matter? That was just the date when he announced the month and theatre for Hamilton in London.

Updated On: 6/3/16 at 08:37 AM

LizzieCurry
#116Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:38am

You mean "announced."

aaaaaa15
#117Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:39am

Sure? 

Liza's Headband
#118Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:42am

It would just be nice if you edited your post to reflect accuracy. By making the statement that he's doing it in London, you are misleading and lying to the younger, more naive posters on here, of which there many. Thanks. 

aaaaaa15
#119Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:46am

I apologize I guess, I'm just used to the UK theatre boards where Baz's news is often posted as fact. 

MyLife
#120Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:59am

I have a feeling he will do London for a bit. This feeling coupled with a personal source makes me think the plan is in the works. Hope they find a good Mary Poppins for little Sebastian over there :)

LizzieCurry
#121Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 9:05am

I mean, Baz is often right, but yeah, as of now (at least to the public), Lin doing the show in London is not a fact.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#122Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 9:05am

My understanding of Lin's "opening" the Chicago cast was that he was going to get it off the ground with casting and rehearsals, but I never saw anything implying he would be part of the cast.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

kr123
#123Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 9:06am

I'm hesitant to even post on this board because people seem so harsh!  

But I can't help but wonder - that report from yesterday (about LMM's last performance on July 9) has not been confirmed - his agent refused to confirm - might there be a chance that the date could be off by a bit?  There was a report at some point that he was leaving in late July.

We are fortunate to be taking our kids on July 13. I was lucky enough to see the OBC last fall, but my daughter has her heart set on seeing as much of the OBC as possible. She's 11 and knows all the lyrics and harmonies and has read much of the Ron Chernow biography. So she's put in some time!!  :)

So, any thoughts on whether the reports might be off be a few days?! Please be kind.

LizzieCurry
#124Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 9:07am

It could be off by a few days, but I'm sure Lin's people aren't confirming while they figure out how to throat-punch the "confidant" who told THR.