pixeltracker

Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes- Page 2

Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#25Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/12/16 at 12:53pm

Episode 5:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zpt4u5W-v4

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

hes16
#26Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/12/16 at 2:17pm

While I don't particularly like the show, it has been nice to see parts of the choreography which is the one thing I'm very interested in. 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#27Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/19/16 at 4:37pm

Episode 6:  What's New Pussycat:  Backstage With Tyler Hanes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIhXzB9vtSw

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#28Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/19/16 at 6:23pm

Actually not sure what Tyler has done on Broadway. I know him because he was back-up singer for Kristin Chenoweth in concerts for her 2012 US tour and many subsequent concerts, incl. her PBS special (and live album). She also did a duet with him in those concerts, a mash-up of One Less Bell To Answer / A House Is Not A Home, and I always quite like him/his voice. I also think to remember that he's also done a lot of choreographing.

I think it's nice they gave a vlog to someone less famous. The show has enough draw to make people watch. It's not a best vlog ever, but it's a nice behind the scenes look this early in the process which we don't get to see a lot (I know there have been some other vlogs that started in rehearsal)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#29Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/26/16 at 1:44pm

Episode 7:  What's New Pussycats?:  Backstage With Tyler Hanes    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1V-AYnEfHg

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#30Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/28/16 at 3:30am

I watched most of the episodes that have been posted.  Pretty entertaining, thought the constant mugging from the cast gets a little old after awhile.

Just curious, the stage managers mention a rake in one of the episodes. Is the stage floor raked for this production?  I thought shows had been moving away from that because of the physical toll it takes on the performers

rangersrule132
#31Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/28/16 at 10:14am

The stage is definitely raked

Patti LuPone FANatic
#32Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/28/16 at 8:42pm

I don't really mind the mugging very much.  There is one feline who is annoying as all heck, but other than that....   They are working their tails off to make a good show.  I'm not really at all familiar with the plot  I do think that Leona Lewis sounds great as Grizbella.  Perhaps some fans are too focused on Betty Buckley's interpretation.  Also, they obviously need time to get used to their respective roles.  I would be interested in seeing the show, next time I'm in NYC.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#33Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/28/16 at 8:44pm

He's no Jackie Hoffman, that's for sure. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#34Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/28/16 at 8:56pm

I'm enjoying the Cats vlogs, but Jackie Hoffman's will never be forgotten! Some of the most hilarious stuff...

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#35Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/28/16 at 10:41pm

Her vlogs were brilliant.  "Fan Mail!!!". Tempted to go back and watch all of those again....

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#36Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/28/16 at 11:19pm

I still don't understand the choice to put Grizabella in a long haired wig for this production. Who ever saw a cat with long hair? She looks like the sole human in a junk yard filled with cats.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#37Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/29/16 at 3:33am

QueenAlice said: "She looks like the sole human in a junk yard filled with cats."

Trying to see it from a designer standpoint and how it can be affected by the plot, even with the original Grizabella to an extent because she's got the curly/wavy hair when the rest of the cast wears headpieces, Blaxx best described it like this in the Previews thread:

"This is the musical that most people forget where [...] it really is not about cats.

The animal used here serves as the means for the poet as an analogy of traits to analyze the humans of his time; their professions, status, behaviors and how they are perceived and were treated by others.

We know T.S. Eliot lived among these people and humanized the animal in order to include the social criticism behind his affection for felines. Some of my favorite parts of the poems are those that include specific locations (Tottenham Court, The Russell Hotel, The Night Mail Train, Victoria Grove, etc.) which serve as a reference to understand where these people, uh cats, come from and where they stand within their tribe."

Griz always has and I can argue needed to be substantially different from the rest of the tribe. I had always thought of it as exactly what you said and I feel that analogy Eliot uses substantiates that.

Brotay23 Profile Photo
Brotay23
#38Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 8/1/16 at 10:49pm

So glad that someone mentioned the Jackie Hoffman vlogs! I watched them all on YouTube this past weekend. She is a hoot! 

I'm interested to see what will be included in the last episode of Tyler's vlogs this week...

Patti LuPone FANatic
#39Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 8/9/16 at 6:52pm

Episode 8     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V5MnUcV6vQ

Patti LuPone FANatic
#40Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 8/9/16 at 7:09pm

It was a nice final episode.  Everyone seems to be enjoying what they are doing.  I do hope I have the chance to see "CATS" in NYC.  I've had opportunities to see the show on tour, but I just wasn't interested.  After having seen these 8 videos, I'm intrigued by this production.  Sure enough, Annoying Cat was there, messing with her hair.  I hope this revival gets the support from theatre fans.   

Patti LuPone FANatic
#41Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 11/29/16 at 6:08pm

the newest Tyler Hanes vlog.  It's goes behind the scenes as the cast gets ready for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.  There's still that one feline who irks me somewhat.   Tyler is cool.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKXGZYVQCdI

Patti LuPone FANatic
#42Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/13/17 at 4:04pm

The latest installment of "Backstage...".  It will be a monthly feature until the show closes at the end of December.  http://www.broadway.com/videos/157912/whats-new-****cat-backstage-at-cats-with-tyler-hanes-the-long-goodbye/#play

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#43Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/13/17 at 5:20pm

Andy Jones in shorts and a tight polo shirt. That's all. Oh all you tall men, how you tease me. :) 

Seriously though, that must have been one crazy performance with the tracks being combined that day. And the ushers must have had a fun time with Playbill inserts. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#44Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/13/17 at 11:22pm

In case that link above doesn't work, try here.

It's fun to have videos going back to shows that have been open awhile, to see who's still into it, who's tired (apparently everyone, based on that cut show), and seeing how the machine's running. 

And yes Andy Jones. And also to Harris Milgrim, standing in the background there.

And also, is it a bit of a spoiler when the new Mr. Mistoffelees was just on SYTYCD a couple of days ago?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#45Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/13/17 at 11:54pm

everythingtaboo said: "And also to Harris Milgrim, standing in the background there."

I haven't been the same since I saw Harris' underwear profile pics. (Google if you haven't seen them.) He must be what, 7'3"? :) 

teh_pretty Profile Photo
teh_pretty
#46Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 7/14/17 at 9:54am

And the new Victoria, Claire Rathbun, was also on the most recent episode of SYTYCD.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#47Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 9/30/17 at 7:58am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqPa20AOO64&t=137s   The latest installment is interesting.  The cast of "Cats" bids a bittersweet and humorous farewell to the cast of "Groundhog Day" (across the street from the Neil Simon).  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#48Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes
Posted: 1/13/18 at 10:44am

The last episode of "What's New Pussycat:  Backstage at CATS With Tyler Hanes".   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljUPpnsSHqE