pixeltracker

In Transit to Circle in the Square- Page 3

In Transit to Circle in the Square

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#50In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 9/26/16 at 5:51pm

Any word on how it's selling? I keep forgetting it's happening.

Pootie2
#51In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/3/16 at 3:46pm

Well, the latest bit of news I caught via Twitter: the box office opens today. Previews start November 10 for a month. Anyone planning on going? Best of luck to the creative team and cast, really.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#52In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/3/16 at 5:01pm

The marketing for this show is terrible.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#53In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/12/16 at 7:43pm

Cast singing opening number in studio

I'm looking forward to seeing with Marshall's choreography.

BroadwayConcierge
#54In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/12/16 at 7:47pm

I keep hearing absolutely zero traction about this show. Like, none at all.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#55In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/12/16 at 7:47pm

The video of that opening number did NOTHING for me.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

sephyr
#56In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/12/16 at 8:34pm

theaterdrew said: "Cast singing opening number in studio

I'm looking forward to seeing with Marshall's choreography.

"

I like the lyrics and song itself. Looking forward to seeing more :)

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
#57In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/12/16 at 9:54pm

Are they recording a cast album or just some promo tracks? It looks interesting.

VintageSnarker
#58In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/13/16 at 4:49pm

Admittedly I'm not reading all the headlines on main sites (theatermania, broadwayworld, broadway.com, playbill, etc.) like I used to but I shouldn't need to in order to hear something about this show. How are they planning to get people to see it?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#59In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/13/16 at 4:55pm

I love a cappella singing, and I think this song sounds great! I bought $31 tickets at the promotion on Saturday that seemed to be, sadly, underpromoted. I hope the production gets its publicity machine in gear!

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#60In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/13/16 at 5:00pm

I like that song but I could not take an entire show of a capella. 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Pootie2
#61In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/13/16 at 5:17pm

I'm genuinely curious how they can stay on-key and stuff without instrumental cues.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#62In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/13/16 at 5:30pm

Mildred Plotka said: "I like that song but I could not take an entire show of a capella. 

That's exactly what's keeping me from this show. I love a lot of the cast but hate a capella.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

BroadwayConcierge
#63In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/13/16 at 5:32pm

Just listened to the video and it's truly difficult for me to be so critical about the show because these are clearly immensely talented singers who are putting so much of their craft into this work. But, as others have written, I also could not stand a full show of a capella, nor do I think the content matter is compelling enough to sell tickets. All that combined with bad marketing spells doom for this show, in my opinion. I can't see it lasting through the winter.

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#64In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/13/16 at 6:21pm

Just listening to that opening song, and liked it quite a bit.  Looking forward to hopefully catching this on a future trip!

broadwayguy91
#65In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/13/16 at 11:18pm

Pootie2 said: "I'm genuinely curious how they can stay on-key and stuff without instrumental cues."

it's possible that they have those tiny little earphones that singers use in concert where they can hear a click track / instrumental track 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#66In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/14/16 at 7:24am

Waiting for this to show up on tdf..

chesneysnow
#67In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/16/16 at 8:30am

no instrumental track. Just giving info... it's going to be authentic a cappella. OK I will shut now... hope to see you there... 

trpguyy
#68In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/16/16 at 10:41am

Pootie2 said: "I'm genuinely curious how they can stay on-key and stuff without instrumental cues."

A combination of talent and practice. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#69In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/16/16 at 10:48am

No names in this show, poor marketing, etc. I doubt the average New Yorker or tourist evens knows about this show. Does it last long? Maybe the Circle will be available for the Spring?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#70In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/16/16 at 11:14am

^^^^ Let's give it a chance, please! It's too early to be discussing its closing.

Pootie2
#71In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/16/16 at 11:50am

I'm not a NY native, so I wonder what the marketing has even looked like. The website immediately mentions Frozen and Pitch Perfect, but I'm unfamiliar with the latter and am positive this show is nothing like Frozen at all. Their Facebook website has over 4k followers, much healthier than their Twitter account at least, but it seems there really isn't much buzz otherwise. Maybe members of the cast can break into song in random places as advertisement since instrumental backing isn't necessary...

Kristen Anderson-Lopez and several of the cast members will be at BroadwayCon, so maybe that's another opportunity for buzz, but the con isn't until the end of January.

VintageSnarker
#72In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/17/16 at 3:26am

I wish them well and I'm definitely curious about the show. Will the singing be amplified? But it's less than a month before previews start and I don't know any more about this show (besides the cast) than I did when it was first announced. 

I think perhaps an a capella musical might have had a better shot when Glee was initially a big hit but I'm not opposed to it as an idea. 

trpguyy
#73In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/17/16 at 6:53am

"Will the singing be amplified?"

Very much so, yes. 

itis2l84u Profile Photo
itis2l84u
#74In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 10/17/16 at 4:33pm

broadwayguy91 said: "Pootie2 said: "I'm genuinely curious how they can stay on-key and stuff without instrumental cues."

it's possible that they have those tiny little earphones that singers use in concert where they can hear a click track / instrumental track 

"

It looks like that is actually what they're doing...

https://twitter.com/iamdavidabeles/status/788089233315692548