pixeltracker

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017- Page 8

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#175ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/17/16 at 8:00pm

Wow... she is phenomenal. Really, really looking forward to this one.

neonlightsxo
#176ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/18/16 at 9:58am

Surprised they chose to perform In a Crowd of Thousands in public. That's essentially a spoiler.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#177ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/18/16 at 3:49pm

I agree WOW I got chills watching "Journey to the Past." Cannot wait to see her in it this spring.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#178ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/18/16 at 4:11pm

I suppose this is a big spoiler request, but in this version of the story do they take into account that the myth of Anastasia has been officially debunked? I know before the production premiered there was a lot of discussion about how they might handle the truth that Anastasia didn't survive.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/11/science/sci-romanov11

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

neonlightsxo
#179ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/18/16 at 4:16pm

No. if they did that, there wouldn't be a story now would there?

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#180ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/18/16 at 4:21pm

Well a story with a different ending perhaps. I think the appeal of the source material that this musical was based on was a certain hope that the 'legend' that she did survive might be real.  I haven't seen the stage musical, but I'm just wondering if now that we have the proof that the legend isn't real would make the story seem trite or even disrespectful in some way.

The film ANASTASIA left it a little ambiguous as to whether Anya was actually the princess but the animated film (made before the proof of her death was revealed) was more overt in saying she was.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 11/18/16 at 04:21 PM

broadwayguy91
#181ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/18/16 at 8:42pm

QueenAlice said: "Well a story with a different ending perhaps. I think the appeal of the source material that this musical was based on was a certain hope that the 'legend' that she did survive might be real.  I haven't seen the stage musical, but I'm just wondering if now that we have the proof that the legend isn't real would make the story seem trite or even disrespectful in some way.

The film ANASTASIA left it a little ambiguous as to whether Anya was actually the princess but the animated film (made before the proof of her death was revealed) was more overt in saying she was.

"

I've watched the "naughty video" of the Hartford production... let's just say there's a line said by the Dowager in the finale that adresses your concern about the whole "Is Anastasia really dead/missing" part.. I do wonder if they will rewrite that line for the Broadway production, because as much as I loved Mary Beth Peil's delivery of that line, it bordered on Hokey/ roll-eye worthy/ cringe-induing territory lol.

Updated On: 11/18/16 at 08:42 PM

littlemouse921 Profile Photo
littlemouse921
#182ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/18/16 at 8:52pm

I think that Anastasia has verged into the fairytale realm with all the scientific evidence about the real case. It's like movies that are based on true events versus those that are inspired by them. Anastasia is more inspired.

broadwayguy91
#183ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/18/16 at 9:53pm

littlemouse921 said: "I think that Anastasia has verged into the fairytale realm with all the scientific evidence about the real case. It's like movies that are based on true events versus those that are inspired by them. Anastasia is more inspired.

"

Exactly. It even says so on the official website - inspired by the 20th century fox films (the Ingrid Bergman film and the don bluth animated film)

mullein
#184ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/22/16 at 3:50am

ANDMX1101 - offer code from march through may

looks like $99-109 for front mezz/select orch

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#185ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/23/16 at 11:07am

Dare I say it...I like Christy Altomare's "Journey to the Past" more than Liz Callaway's in the movie. Especially in that video from Columbus Circle. I felt every emotion.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Odie2
#186ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/23/16 at 6:21pm

It seems from Ramin Karimloo's twitter account that there is a new song for Gleb 

Thank you @AnastasiaBway for this new song you sent for me to learn. Incredibly beautiful & equally challenging. #broadway #anastasia #gleb

neonlightsxo
#187ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 11/24/16 at 12:03pm

That's good news. Gleb needs new material. 

Odie2
#188ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 12/6/16 at 10:46pm

Some press is starting to leak in. The cast had a VIP sneak peek 

http://pagesix.com/2016/12/06/vips-get-a-sneak-peek-into-broadways-anastasia/?share=email&nb=1

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#189ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:00pm

Good! Looks like they may be beefing Gleb up

BroadwayConcierge
#190ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:09pm

Thanks for posting, Odie. Inspired me to watch this video again. I cannot wait for this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7dJ2AZ0gI

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
#191ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 12/7/16 at 11:40am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Thanks for posting, Odie. Inspired me to watch this video again. I cannot wait for this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7dJ2AZ0gI

Thank you BroadwayConcierge. Completely forgot this video existed and now I can't stop watching. Anyone else get this song stuck in their head for days?

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#192ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 1/5/17 at 10:57am

Love the new cast photo - getting excited for this one!!

BroadwayConcierge
#193ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 1/5/17 at 5:26pm

This is said photo, for the record ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced so excited for this!

ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#194ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 1/5/17 at 5:57pm

Hope this means the blue dress is back. God, I can't wait to see it again

neonlightsxo
#196ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 1/11/17 at 11:32am

Basically the same ensemble-- just a few differences.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#197ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 1/11/17 at 11:34am

I noticed James Brown is not in it, although he was just cast in the Joan of Arc production at the Public.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

CarlAlan610
#198ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 1/11/17 at 1:23pm

No Max Clayton - I wonder if he is doing Bandstand instead. He understudies Dimitri in the Hartford production.

neonlightsxo
#199ANASTASIA Great Casting Announced
Posted: 1/11/17 at 1:27pm

Samantha Sturm was the other missing name I noticed from the Hartford cast. Though she may have booked another show and I missed it?

Videos