pixeltracker

France attacked again. - Page 2

France attacked again.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25France attacked again.
Posted: 7/15/16 at 1:53pm

Who are the bad people? There's no Hitler of ISIS in a bunker somewhere plotting these attacks, no load-bearing big boss who the whole operation requires. These are individuals carrying out these attacks in the name of a cause. There's no centralized enemy.

It's an ideology that's the enemy. How do you kill an ideology? How many bombs and how many soldiers does that take?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 7/15/16 at 01:53 PM

Liza's Headband
#26France attacked again.
Posted: 7/15/16 at 3:57pm

Vanquishing a cancerous ideology is not unheard of. It worked following the peak of the Spanish Inquisition. It worked during the Protestant Reformation. It especially worked during the Radical Reformation. It's difficult and requires much of those determined to do so but it's more than possible (as PalJoey somewhat eludes to). 

javero Profile Photo
javero
#27France attacked again.
Posted: 7/15/16 at 4:16pm

Kill the cancerous ideology before it figures out how to kill me.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Liza's Headband
#28France attacked again.
Posted: 7/15/16 at 4:28pm

javero said: "Kill the cancerous ideology before it figures out how to kill me.

"

Amen.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#29France attacked again.
Posted: 7/15/16 at 4:35pm

Sunni Islam created ISIS (not Bush or Cheney or Hillary or Obama), and only Sunni Islam can destroy ISIS.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#30France attacked again.
Posted: 7/15/16 at 4:40pm

ETA?

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#31France attacked again.
Posted: 7/16/16 at 9:29pm

It feels like so many of the world problems today are caused by fairy tales (i.e., religion). Perhaps the long-term solution is to mandate critical thinking and science classes in school from an early age so people aren't sucked into this madness.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 7/16/16 at 09:29 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#32France attacked again.
Posted: 7/16/16 at 10:46pm

Good luck with that.

@z5
#33France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 2:33am

Well, another job done by the "Religion of Peace!" Amazing how such a large proportion of world problems include them.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#34France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 4:05am

PalJoey said: "Good luck with that.

"

Dw Bernie will make it a core campaign issue when he runs for president again in 2024 aged 82. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#35France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 7:13am

Please get back to me when anyone from any of the other main religions commits atrocities like this. The only fairy tales are the ones you state about how to fix the problems of the world today.

Spare me the " High Horse"monologue used by the POTUS previously. Thank you.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 7/17/16 at 07:13 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#36France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 6:21pm

At least in 2016 I agree that Islam is perhaps the most violent and has potentially the greatest negative impact on people, where people in many countries are  put to death in the name of this religion, and the mysoginistic and homophobic attitudes are particulary widespread. Plus the ideas being used to commit mass murder (even if only a minority). But let's not forget the atrocities caused by Christian religions and the current negative impact of churches of that religion (e.g., negative attitudes towards homosexuality and abortion, systematic child abuse). Plus the historical atrocities of course. It all seems extremely pointless given it's all a bunch of hocus pocus nonsense. A poison in society that's wasting our time, money and creating destruction in its wake. 

Updated On: 7/17/16 at 06:21 PM

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#37France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 6:48pm

PJ, In this instance you are easier on Bush and Cheney than I.

@z5
#38France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 7:17pm

Flashback to when Barack Hussein Obama...the genius he is, said that ISIS is the 'JV Team'. And then when he said they have been contained. Great judgment on his part. ISIS was created under him and Hillary's leadership. They can't even address it as Radical Islam, which it is. Pathetic. We cannot afford to have that crook as president.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#39France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 8:36pm

ISIS has been in development far longer than Obama - we (as in the USA and other allied western nations) have terrorised the middle east through unnecessary interventions like the Iraq war, which were major contributions to the development and rise of ISIS. 

Liza's Headband
#40France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 9:18pm

Regardless of who is to blame, we know the origins of ISIS: Al-Qaeda. The group was founded by an AQ offshoot formed within detainment. Many experts believe ISIS was inevitable, regardless of any foreign intervention. 

Also, you need not qualify your criticisms of Islam by indicting Christianity in the same breath. Christianity is not responsible for the overwhelming majority of terror attacks and death/destruction in 2015 + 2016. Islam is. Christianity has had its reformation (not once, not twice, but three times!). Now it is time for Islam to do the same. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#41France attacked again.
Posted: 7/17/16 at 11:10pm

Bush did not create ISIS and Obama did not create ISIS. It is condescending and Western-centric to think so.

ISIS is a monster created by Sunni Islam: The Salafists created the Wahhabists, and the Wahhhabists were financed and supported by the Saudis, who first mixed this potent fundamentalism with politics.

This Salafist/Wahhabist perversion of Sunni Islam resulted directly in Al Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram, and the Taliban.

The only way it will be destroyed is from within. It cannot be destroyed by Shiite Muslims and it cannot be destroyed by Westerners.

Only Sunni Islam can destroy what Sunni Islam created.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#42France attacked again.
Posted: 7/18/16 at 2:04pm

qolbinau said: "ISIS has been in development far longer than Obama - we (as in the USA and other allied western nations) have terrorised the middle east through unnecessary interventions like the Iraq war, which were major contributions to the development and rise of ISIS."

I'm pretty much with qolbinau on this. It's not so much that these movements wouldn't exist, but they wouldn't really be our problem if it weren't for the US government's decades of warfare in the Middle East.

By the way... of course the power of the US military can destroy ISIS. But what's going to prevent the next terrible thing from coming along? I have yet to hear a good answer for that. PalJoey's prediction comes the closest, but it relies on things very much out of our control.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#43France attacked again.
Posted: 7/18/16 at 2:37pm

Good Thing Churchill and Roosevelt did not think like that.

When They Go Low, I Go High

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#44France attacked again.
Posted: 7/18/16 at 3:01pm

Hitler was created by Christians and Hitler was defeated by Christians.

Petralicious
#45France attacked again.
Posted: 7/18/16 at 3:11pm

Created by Christians? Lutherans? Catholics? Which ones?  Really? Those pesky Protestants?  The Pope? hen why did they kill so many Christians?

Updated On: 7/18/16 at 03:11 PM

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#46France attacked again.
Posted: 7/18/16 at 3:41pm

Petralicious said: "Good Thing Churchill and Roosevelt did not think like that."

When Hitler was defeated, what was left behind? A whole lot of people, used to modern civilization, ready to rebuild and learn from their mistakes. Nothing like that will be in place after ISIS is destroyed.

Do you have a good answer to my question?

Petralicious
#47France attacked again.
Posted: 7/18/16 at 3:50pm

kdogg36 said: "Petralicious said: "Good Thing Churchill and Roosevelt did not think like that."

When Hitler was defeated, what was left behind? A whole lot of people, used to modern civilization, ready to rebuild and learn from their mistakes. Nothing like that will be in place after ISIS is destroyed.

Do you have a good answer to my question?

"Yes I do, United States of America helped rebuild Germany and Japan and Italy. I doubt President Clinton will use Nuclear Weapons so it should be easier. Also,  I am sure Britain and France and EU will help as well this time. 

Updated On: 7/18/16 at 03:50 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#48France attacked again.
Posted: 7/18/16 at 3:54pm

Created by Christians? Lutherans? Catholics? Which ones?  Really? Those pesky Protestants?  The Pope? hen why did they kill so many Christians?

Exactly. Next question: "Why does ISIS kill so many Muslims?" 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#49France attacked again.
Posted: 7/18/16 at 4:28pm

This isn't WW2. This is nothing like WW2.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."