pixeltracker

Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program. - Page 2

Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#25Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 3:15pm

There is no more Hotix

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#26Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 3:30pm

Aww this sucks. I also hate the new programs. We know what theatre we're at... angry

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#27Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 3:44pm

Awww, count me in as another disappointed Hot Tix fan. How about the free tickets on opening night? It's been a looooong time since I say in that line haha

Radiant Orchid Profile Photo
Radiant Orchid
#28Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 3:45pm

Jud Faginsky said: "I received this in a post card from CTG yesterday. 

"Good news! In honor of our 50th season, we've simplified our pricing structure and expanded the number of $25 tickets available at every performance. While we will no longer have a formal Hot Tix program, we've improved the seating locations of $25 tickets in all three theatres and are making them available as soon as single tickets go on sale.    Don't delay - these low-priced tickets won't last long. Order July 28 when single tickets go on sale!
"

I registered just so I could post here with an update.

I bought $25 tickets for fifth row, side orchestra seats for Amelie's opening night just now, so apparently they did set aside some discounted tickets even without the official Hot Tix program. The single ticket button doesn't appear for me on the website for some reason, but I called the box office at 213.628.2772 and they were super nice and happy to take the order.

Thanks to everyone who posted before; I was bummed out when I googled this morning and saw the program was discounted, but Jud's message above gave me hope. Definitely try calling if you're interested!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#29Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 3:53pm

Yes!  Call!  They are so nice!  Ended up with tickets for View and closing of Amelie.  

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#30Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 4:50pm

Just bought my Améile tickets! Was really upset at first since there would be no more HotTix, but now I have seats to see show in December for only $23! Row D on the side. Anyone who has sat there, is it very obstructed? Also, looking at A View from the Bridge onstage seating now!

Jud Faginsky
#31Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 4:52pm

When Hot Tix existed, didn't you have to call to get them? Or could you get them on the website?

Jud Faginsky
#32Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 4:54pm

And one more question: are they selling single tickets for the whole season or just the first few shows?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#33Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 5:00pm

I think they are selling for the whole season .  And you used to have to call before for hotix or go to the box office .  Now that hottix no longer exist all seats are available online.  But their website this morning was having major issues . 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#34Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 5:03pm

And as far as row D on the side.  It depends on the shows design.  You will probably miss something.  But that's why the seat is cheap.

Jud Faginsky
#35Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 5:03pm

Thanks. I always appreciate how much I learn on this board and how supportive and informative everyone is. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#36Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 5:04pm

No reason not to help each other out.

M.O.A.I. Profile Photo
M.O.A.I.
#37Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 5:43pm

I'm another first time poster, long time reader. Thank you so much for posting this! Was able to coordinate groups for Into the Woods and Amélie, as well as get great onstage seating for A View from the Bridge, right when the box office opened this morning.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#38Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 6:10pm

I liked hottix cause I went to see a show whenever I had time and didn't have to worry about not getting to see something for the price. 

I just got the onstage seating for AVFTB and for Fun Home. I don't anything will sell out; maybe Jersey Boys.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#39Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 6:15pm

Jose, I'm assuming you mean onstage seating is for AVFTB only and not Fun Home, right? Just making sure because Fun Home onstage would be amazing.

Radiant Orchid Profile Photo
Radiant Orchid
#40Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 7:28pm

I couldn't resist and had to buy AVFTB tickets, too. I read a few articles about the onstage seating experience for this particular show and it sounded too good to pass up.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#41Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 7:50pm

I got two tickets each for Amelie and View From The Bridge. It's such a good deal, and they're not terrible seats! If this is the alternative to Hot Tix, then that's fine with me.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#41Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 7:50pm

I got two tickets each for Amelie and View From The Bridge. It's such a good deal, and they're not terrible seats! If this is the alternative to Hot Tix, then that's fine with me.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#42Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 9:45pm

Thanks all - I was able to snag decent tickets to The View from the Bridge, Amelie, Ma Rainey's, Fun Home and Curious Incident.   All on Saturdays - the only day I can go from San Diego!   Without this post I would have probably missed the good seats and ignored the email I got from them today.

Dame especially - thanks for the heads up!

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#43Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/28/16 at 10:19pm

Very happy this worked for the people who could order in advance, but sadly since I only get a 28 day roster and flying in from Australia this does not work for me, pity loved hot tix the way it was, I could turn up on the night and always got a seat ( some better than others ) 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

hork Profile Photo
hork
#44Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.
Posted: 7/29/16 at 2:28am

I just snagged stage seating for View and side orchestra, row D for Curious (over a year away! That's a first for me). I'm very excited about both, since they're both shows I wanted to see in NY but couldn't fit into my schedule. I thought about getting an Amelie ticket, too, but I feel like I've been spending too much on theater tickets lately, and reviews on here haven't been great for that show, for the most part.