HEDWIG TOUR

sacteach
#150HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 11:47pm

RippedMan said: "Maybe me, but I didn't think it felt run down on Broadway at all. I was actually impressed by how much production there actually was. 

Does Hedwig still rise up for the ballad at the end? I remember them going up on a pedestal that came from the stage? I'm guessing the stage was built up as they use to go into a trap door for the car sequence? 

"

Yes, Hedwig/Tommy rises up at the end on a platform with the mic stand. The entrance (start of the show) is different however.

CreatureKitchen
#151HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/14/16 at 12:14am

Does anyone think this might extend in LA now that there's a completely different cast for the rest of the tour? I assuming they only have 1 set for the tour so it couldn't extend/ be playing in 2 places at once, but I was just wondering.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#152HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/14/16 at 12:56am

I saw Hannah Corneau in Marriott theater's Evita this past summer. She certainly has a stage presence and can handle the material, but she was not a good actress. It could have been bad direction (because most of that cast was bad except the guy who played Che), but I'm curious to see how her Yitzhak would play out. For anyone who's curious, she is part of the accapella group Range which did one of the first Hamilton covers last year.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#153HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/14/16 at 2:44pm

Euan Morton should be an outstanding Hedwig.

Stephanatic

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#154HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/14/16 at 3:19pm

Okay so I'm finally back from my San Francisco adventure and I have a lot of thoughts.

My thoughts on Lena are still that she is PERFECTION but she's not as funny as I want her to be. But it was one of her first times, so she'll get better. I'd kill for a recording with her voice as both Hedwig and Yitzhak. Can we crowdfund that? Her voice is honestly so raw and true to character that I found myself crying in several songs that had never given me that reaction before.

Onto Darren. Now, I liked Darren in Broadway. I didn't think he was the best. I didn't think he was the worst. I thought he sounded good, he looked good, and his acting was fine. His Tommy Gnosis was the best I'd ever seen. 

I'm not sure what happened to Darren between Broadway and this show, and I would like to say I'm sorry for whatever it was, but he's made leaps and bounds in his acting, especially the parts dealing with pain and anger. Wherever he is taking from now is completely different and it works so much better than it did on Broadway. I'm not a Darren-fan persay, so I don't know if he had a break up, lost a friend, or whatever but there is no way he just suddenly found this acting. I was actually afraid of his Hedwig at times and afraid for this Hedwig as well.

He still sounds good but I do hope he takes better care of his voice this time. He was also funnier than before, but once again, some landed and some didn't.

He's still too young. He's still too muscular (I'm not even into guys and his body is ridiculous). 

Shannon continues to be beautiful as well. Truly wish she had gotten the promotion.

Overall the tour is fantastic, though I will admit I am a bit disappointed at the casting for the rest of the tour - not because it is bad but because it isn't as great as I think it could have been.

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#155HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/17/16 at 1:39pm

I was on YouTube this weekend and found a recording of HATAI - Off Broadway with JCM.  I've never watched Hedwig bootlegs before so I don't know if this has been around for a long time and I just found it or .....??   This has credits rolling on it, and sees to be filmed with multiple cameras - so I'm thinking (hoping) it wasn't a bootleg, but something they filmed for prosperity.  In any case, I drank the kool-aide and man was it good :)   I never got to see JCM on Broadway (broke my leg) and so seeing him in the original off-broadway... well I cried.  how marvelous to see this.

Just throwing it out there in case there are posters who haven't seen it.  If its old news, then I apologize. Please don't send me hate for watching the production on YouTube - I do not watch bootlegs when a show is still live.  Once its closed, it is actually nice to be able to revisit - I see the appeal. 

And this is a real beauty to behold.   

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#156HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/19/16 at 3:15am

Does anyone here know where the rush seats have been located? Goldstar doesn't have any tickets left for the day I wanted to go see darren and i'm trying to decide if I want to change the day, or try rush

bear88
#157HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/19/16 at 3:29am

When I've got rush seats to shows in San Francisco, they have tended to be rear orchestra, off to the side.

I don't know if that's the case with Hedwig. I was curious about rush tickets on a Saturday for this show. Are there plenty of seats available, even on a weekend?

notalwaysontime
#158HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/19/16 at 5:17am

bear88 said: "When I've got rush seats to shows in San Francisco, they have tended to be rear orchestra, off to the side.

I don't know if that's the case with Hedwig. I was curious about rush tickets on a Saturday for this show. Are there plenty of seats available, even on a weekend?
"

That's been my experience as well, but then I rushed Beautiful and was up in the Mezz, so I'm like :/ I might just change the day and goldstar for Orchestra. Goldstar has none left for weekends, but there's still lots tickets on shnsf.com

Updated On: 10/19/16 at 05:17 AM

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#159HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/19/16 at 12:21pm

Just purchased Rush for the Matinee on TodayTix, may be doing the evening show as well. I will report back. 

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#160HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/19/16 at 5:48pm

I have purchased rush seats twice on TodayTix. For a Sunday evening, my seats were house left orchestra closer to the back. I thought these were great seats. For a Friday evening, the seats were house left mezzanine Row B. Good seats as long as you are watching what is onstage. 

sacteach
#161HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/21/16 at 1:03am

notalwaysontime said: "Does anyone here know where the rush seats have been located? Goldstar doesn't have any tickets left for the day I wanted to go see darren and i'm trying to decide if I want to change the day, or try rush

"

From the app, I got a pair of tickets in Mezz Left, row D on a Sunday matinee (10/9). In person, I got center orchestra, row k, one off the aisle for Lena's first show (10/9 evening). On Tuesday (10/1HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall I got center orchestra row J on the aisle in person. 

BroadwayMomma
#162HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/22/16 at 10:31pm

Hope I'm not repeating things, but I'm here now and there are Lena Hall window cards.  I took a photo but I can't figure out how to upload it. 

Updated On: 10/22/16 at 10:31 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#163HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/22/16 at 11:18pm

You can't upload it in this format. You have to upload it somewhere else (like Tinypic) and then use the photo feature here to paste the URL. Or you can just paste in the Tinypic URL.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayMomma
#164HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/23/16 at 2:44am

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#165HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/25/16 at 2:42am

For those who have done the In-Person rush, what time did you get there? Was there a line, etc? 

sacteach
#166HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/26/16 at 2:21am

ChairinMain said: "For those who have done the In-Person rush, what time did you get there? Was there a line, etc? 

"

10/9 evening (Lena's first show) - I got in line around 5:05pm (was waiting at stage door and Darren came out just before 5, so it was soon after that) - bought one ticket - got center orchestra, row K one off the aisle

10/21 evening - we arrived at the theater at 5:58 and were about 15 people back in line but some were pairs so we were probably the 10th purchase - got two tickets - far left orchestra, row T 

bear88
#167HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/26/16 at 3:52am

I went last Saturday, got rush tickets in the TodayTix app in the morning for the 8 p.m. show. Based on a quick glance at this thread and my own experience, Row T, on the side in the orchestra seems to be a popular spot for rush tickets. 

The Saturday night show was crowded in the orchestra but not sold out in the rear section of the orchestra on the sides. I sat next to an empty seat. 

I don't have any comparisons, having never seen the musical before, but Criss did a fine job in a grueling role. Lena Hall's voice is spectacular (and she, not surprisngly, got a big ovation from the audience). If I was a superfan, I would definitely check her out as Hedwig. It was a strange but enjoyable show that my 16-year-old daughter and I both liked more than we expected.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#168HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/26/16 at 11:11am

So is there any kind person going to the tour in SF or LA that I can convince to get me a Lena as Hedwig windowcard?  I would cover all costs and shipping and your hassle.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#170HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/26/16 at 12:30pm

Even better!!  Thank you so much.

broadwaysfguy
#171HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/26/16 at 12:34pm

i split my pair of season tix so im seeing Lena tonight and Darren tomorrow night

I'm so excited!!!

notalwaysontime
#172HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/26/16 at 1:13pm

Super excited, I have the day off and am spending it in the city. Darren at 2, Lena at 8 and hopefully some good food in between!

BroadwayMomma
#173HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/26/16 at 1:17pm

I saw Darren last Saturday night and am going tonight to see Lena.  I cannot wait!  Be sure to look on the floor for the Hurt Locker playbills. 

notalwaysontime
#174HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/26/16 at 10:44pm

Just got seated for Lena! I'm so excited! When i told her after the matinee that i was excited for tonight she got super happy that i was coming back for her. She was like YESSSSS lol

But also i know some people wanted hurt locker playbills, and i was able to snag a couple extra, so pm me if you want one, first come first serve. (and no cost so don't worry about that!)