Great Comet Rush

boonanas
#50Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/4/16 at 7:05am

I'm guessing if I can't find tickets for the days performance . . there probably won't be rush tickets?  I wanted to rush today's show but there doesn't seem to be any tix available period...

suzieprush
#51Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/4/16 at 10:34am

I don't think necessarily, there could still be tix. I know when I rushed, I looked at what tickets were still available the night before and there were like 2 random orchestra seats, and when I rushed there were more than 2 tickets ahead of me and I got 2 seats that weren't available when I looked before. They may have some seats reserved? 

boonanas
#52Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/5/16 at 10:44am

Just an FYI... attempted to rush Sunday matinee... got there around 10:30 for the 12 PM Box Office opening... was about 28th in line... they sold out of rush at about the 20th person in line.

Stung a bit but I bought rear mezz for this coming Saturday matinee... looking forward to it.

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#53Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/6/16 at 3:03pm

Any recent weekday experiences? Looking to rush next Tuesday, hoping/praying 7:30/8:00am will be early enough... it's cold! 

masmore
#54Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/7/16 at 12:01am

I got there at around 7:30AM on 11/26 (Saturday). There were about 15 people before me. There were seats for both matinee and evening but matinee had better seats so I got matinee tickets. It was orchestra far side. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#55Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/19/16 at 11:45pm

Bumping this to see how rush has been recently. Thanks!

djoko84
#56Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 7:28am

Do they ever do rush for on stage seating? Do I have to buy those in advance? Also, does anyone have any discount codes for the show?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#57Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 7:44am

No, onstage is premium seating.

But the only way I could afford to get them was with a discount from the ART to its subscribers, well before the show opened on bway.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

boonanas
#58Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 8:31am

Rush tix are usually gone by half hour after box office opens.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#59Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 8:43am

I rushed on Saturday 12/17 (in the snow!) and arrived in the rush ticket line at 8:05am...I was 12th in line - by the time I got up to the box office, there were still rush tickets for both matinee and evening shows, so I grabbed an evening ticket. I got great orch side seats (I want to say E16 but don't quote me on the exact seat). I had a great view of the stage and show experience - totally worth it.

WesternSky2
#60Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 12:26pm

Planning on getting there at 7:30am tomorrow.... worried Christmas week will make it harder, but it's too cold for me to stand out there any longer than that! :P

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#61Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 12:33pm

I arrived at 6:15 this morning and was second in line, and got two seats in the second row of the orchestra.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

WesternSky2
#62Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 12:36pm

GREAT INFO, thank you!!. Can you say what time other people started showing up, how long the line ended up being? 

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#63Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 4:35pm

New pairs of people joined the line every 15-20 minutes (the next ones arrived after me around 7), and by 8 there were at least 10 people in line. I don't know how many rush tickets were distributed, but definitely more than 4, though by the time the box office opened there were at least 25 people in line and I am nearly sure everyone did not get tickets.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

boonanas
#64Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/20/16 at 4:38pm

The one Sunday I tried, box office opened at noon... I arrived around 10:30... I was around 28th in line.  It looked as though they ran out of rush tickets at the 20th person in line.  So if you are not within the first 20.. I would consider it not happening (this is for the one show days... could be different for multiple show days)

WesternSky2
#65Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/21/16 at 11:36am

Just got home from rushing! Got there at 7:45am and was 7th in line. Easily purchased 2 tickets for tonight's 8pm. I know at least 3 of the people in front of me got tickets for that performance as well, not sure if anyone got matinee tickets.

Two people behind me arrived sometime between 8 and 8:15, and the line grew steadily after then. By 9:30 I'd say it was at least 25 people long. I didn't count much, though, I was too busy concentrating on not freezing to death. Great Comet Rush

Seats are orchestra D 15 - 17. Can't wait!

Notreallysilent 2
#66Great Comet Rush
Posted: 12/31/16 at 2:25pm

Hey! Quick question. If tomrorow the box office opens at 12 what time would you guys say I should get there based on how the line has been this week? Thank you! And I hope everyone has an amazing new year!

pandadude
#67Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/2/17 at 2:49pm

Has anyone rushed lately? Will be in NYC from the 9th till the 14th and would like to try to see this.

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#68Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/4/17 at 10:30am

Just finished rushing. Got there around 7:50 and was already 24th on line. I was definitely happy to know there were 2 shows. Took a long time once the box office opened to get tickets, about 20 minutes. 

Got 2 tickets in row C of the side of the rear mezz, but said it was full view.

boonanas
#69Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/4/17 at 10:32am

you know, its crazy how many people are rushing yet tickets are maybe 18 bucks more via the code they offered for rear mezzanine.  When I went... I saw definitely over 40 people in the rush line... yet the rear mezzanine/mezzanine area was maybe half full. 

Jauriemma
#70Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/4/17 at 2:04pm

Hey- wanted to bump this. My friend and I are going this Saturday (the 7th) and I wanted to know if arriving between 6-6:30 would be good?

PerfidiousRaoul
#71Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/4/17 at 6:32pm

I didnt rush but I did go to TKTS, got an onstage table seat (table TB) for 90 dollars. The seat was downstage and to be honest extremely partial view (if i had payed full price I would have asked for a refund), but I really enjoyed the show and highly recommend it for anyone considering it!

djoko84
#72Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/5/17 at 6:50am

So the table seats aren't good ones to get? I thought all of the on stage seating was premium and great seats. Anyone else had the same issue?

Castle2
#73Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/5/17 at 9:05pm

djoko84 said: "So the table seats aren't good ones to get? I thought all of the on stage seating was premium and great seats. Anyone else had the same issue?"

According to reports on this thread: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?page=6&thread=1096717&dt=134

many think some of the on stage table seats have bad visibility. 

PerfidiousRaoul
#74Great Comet Rush
Posted: 1/5/17 at 11:02pm

Just to clarify I am just speaking of the downstage table seats- the ones to the sides at least are most definitely partial view. There are people on upholstered armchairs directly in front of you sitting about half a metre higher for the entire show- id recommend opting for them instead. The table seats that were not downstage looked to be fine, but turning and viewing the whole show (rotating) might be tough. I'm seeing the show again from the armchairs directly in front of the stage in two days and will report back!