pixeltracker

Great Comet Seating Thread- Page 16

Great Comet Seating Thread

afaye11
#375Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:16pm

Just splurged to get some stage seats for Patinkin! Very excited to sit on stage, after seeing this show from the mezz and orch.  I went with the stage right sunken tavern, right at "the bar" facing the piano. I've seen these seats mentioned a few times on this thread, but haven't heard many details. Has anybody sat in these seats that might be able to let me know if I made a great/not-so-great choice?

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#376Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:19pm

schubox said: "Messytheatregirl said: "BC23!!! lol

"

Thank you! Going on a whim to catch Patinkin. And I love Lucas Steele so I wanted that experience. 

"

several other posts in this thread have said it's BB17 so you might want to read back through to be sure.

10086Sundays
#377Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:28pm

schubox said: "Messytheatregirl said: "BC23!!! lol"

Thank you! Going on a whim to catch Patinkin. And I love Lucas Steele so I wanted that experience.
"

That isn't always the case.  I sat in BC23 and he didn't sit next to me.  

Updated On: 7/26/17 at 04:28 PM

schubox
#378Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:37pm

10086Sundays said: "schubox said: "Messytheatregirl said: "BC23!!! lol"

"

"

Eh, I'll be in the right area. I've seen the show twice so I'm happy to be going back. 

Rainah
#379Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:42pm

schubox said: "Which row does Anetole shove over and sit down next to? BC 23 or BD 23"

Hey! It is actually BB17, I sat in those seats.

However overall I consider BC23 to be a better seat in terms of the overall show, so if you're there you should be set

Updated On: 7/26/17 at 04:42 PM

schubox
#380Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:43pm

afaye11 said: "Just splurged to get some stage seats for Patinkin! Very excited to sit on stage, after seeing this show from the mezz and orch.  I went with the stage right sunken tavern, right at "the bar" facing the piano. I've seen these seats mentioned a few times on this thread, but haven't heard many details. Has anybody sat in these seats that might be able to let me know if I made a great/not-so-great choice?

"

Here? 

http://imgur.com/a/1l00e

i sat at the tables right behind the bar seats and took that picture. Amazing seats, you really feel like you're in the middle of everything. Can't see all the staging as well, but it's very immersive 

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#381Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:49pm

AlwaysDefyingGravity said: "So for my next go round with Comet, I chose table TO. anyone have any comments for that table? I'm pretty excited about it! "

First of all, the show is fantastic.  It is especially memorable if you sit on stage.  I actually have sat at TO.  It is a great choice for a two person party.  It is a two person table and there is a ton of interaction with multiple actors including Lucas and Denee. During the second act they actually put a stool right in front of me that multiple different actors sat on.  I highly recommend this table.  Previous comments about having to turn around a lot to see action behind you are very valid.  If you have a C spine issue, don't sit here!  There is action 360 degrees around you at all times.  I would say seat 1 at table TO requires less neck strain than seat 2.

The other prime tables are TN "the pizza slice" as it is called, and TQ.  There is a big scene using the TQ table.  I sat at the equivalent table off-Broadway in the tent, and it was a lot of fun.  They often hold back the TQ table for special guests/VIPs, so if you see tickets for TQ available, buy them!

When I sat at TO, there were two children next to us at TP ... the two kids got a TON of interaction, so if you have children, TN, TO, TP, TQ, or TR would all be fantastic choices.

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#382Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 5:49pm

JPeterman said: " They often hold back the TQ table for special guests/VIPs, so if you see tickets for TQ available, buy them!"

I somehow ended up at TQ the first time I saw the show during previews (I had no idea how the seating chart actually correlated to the stage back then, so it was complete guesswork on my part and luckily I chose well) and after seeing the show additional two times, I'd have to say the TQ seats are probably the best in the house (at least for stage seating). Great views, probably the most interaction out of any seats, and you're privy to a lot of smaller moments that you wouldn't catch from other places. 

falsettoswasrobbed
#383Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 6:42pm

schubox said: "10086Sundays said: "schubox said: "Messytheatregirl said: "BC23!!! lol"

"

"

Eh, I'll be in the right area. I've seen the show twice so I'm happy to be going back. 

"

I've sat in bb17 its definitely bb17. Its rlly one of the only interactions in the show that never changes.

schubox
#384Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 8:00pm

falsettoswasrobbed said: "schubox said: "10086Sundays said: "schubox said: "Messytheatregirl said: "BC23!!! lol"

"

"

"

I've sat in bb17 its definitely bb17. Its rlly one of the only interactions in the show that never changes.

"

Oh well, I already pulled the trigger on BC. Thanks for the response though. 

AllThatJazz2
#385Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
Posted: 7/26/17 at 9:21pm

Wasn't spending any more on shows this year (saving for Band's Visit and My Fair Lady next year) but Mandy upended all that. Just bought tickets on stage for TO...I don't care how much swiveling I have to do, lol, I'm just happy to be able to see him up close! 

chimbleysweep
#386Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 11:22am

I saw that Mandy was going to be in the show on my last night in NYC and found a seat in the "pizza slice": TN2. I think this is the seat facing out to the audience. What can I expect? Did I make a bad choice? (Spoilers OK) I've read through the whole thread, but didn't see much on TN. When people say "interactions," what do they mean by that? 

Separately, I don't know too much about the show. Do people recommend listening to the soundtrack first to better understand the performance?

Jish
#387Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 11:26am

chimbleysweep said: "I saw that Mandy was going to be in the show on my last night in NYC and found a seat in the "pizza slice": TN2. I think this is the seat facing out to the audience. What can I expect? Did I make a bad choice? (Spoilers OK) I've read through the whole thread, but didn't see much on TN. When people say "interactions," what do they mean by that? 

Separately, I don't know too much about the show. Do people recommend listening to the soundtrack first to better understand the performance?
"

Pizza slice in my opinion is the best seats in the house. I like to sit at the point closest to the center of the stage but I think all three are great with the normal table caveat that you will be swiveling your head quite a bit.

You are nearly guaranteed to get pierogi and a shaker and there is a high level of interaction. If you are a woman you may have a run-in with Bolkonsky, and everybody at the table generally gets to enjoy a drink with a cast member :)

My only recommendation on first timers is that you don't overly focus on trying to make sure you follow every little point of the story. They try to scare you with how confusing it is going to be, but it isn't that confusing and is more fun if you just experience it. The score is complex and deep and I would probably say listen to it first!

Updated On: 7/27/17 at 11:26 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#388Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 11:56am

falsettoswasrobbed said: "I've sat in bb17 its definitely bb17. Its rlly one of the only interactions in the show that never changes."

If the show closes on January 7, I will be the final person in the Russian custom seat. Pizza Slice?

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#389Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 6:37pm

This show was not on my radar....  then Mandy.....

So, I've got the discount code nailed down. But I need some advice. I've got a group of five going and one is a girl, age 8. She is mature for her age and a budding actress She has done some television commercials and community theater. Very well-behaved, super upbeat. She has seen Hello Dolly! twice and loves singing all the songs.

Do you think this show is ok for a mature eight-year old?

I would love to give her a thrill with as much as interactions as possible. Because she is little I am thinking mezzanine might not be best for her to see? She sat in the mezz at Dolly and didn't love it. She sat in the orchestra the next time and was much happier. We can split into a group of three and a group of two. 

The only tickets available onstage with the discount for our date and time are BF13-19 and BG 8-22. What do you think of them. They are both the last row in the B sections.

In the orchestra: Row K Center Orch, Aisle 101 - 107 are the closest available. Lots of others in the orchestra too.

There are Mezz seats. Row A but the extreme sides, Row B more center.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Updated On: 7/27/17 at 06:37 PM

irishgator1
#390Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 7:14pm

Stage Door Sally said: "This show was not on my radar....  then Mandy.....

So, I've got the discount code nailed down. But I need some advice. I've got a group of five going and one is a girl, age 8. She is mature for her age and a budding actress She has done some television commercials and community theater. Very well-behaved, super upbeat. She has seen Hello Dolly! twice and loves singing all the songs.

Do you think this show is ok for a mature eight-year old?

I would love to give her a thrill with as much as interactions as possible. Because she is little I am thinking mezzanine might not be best for her to see? She sat in the mezz at Dolly and didn't love it. She sat in the orchestra the next time and was much happier. We can split into a group of three and a group of two. 

The only tickets available onstage with the discount for our date and time are BF13-19 and BG 8-22. What do you think of them. They are both the last row in the B sections.

In the orchestra: Row K Center Orch, Aisle 101 - 107 are the closest available. Lots of others in the orchestra too.

There are Mezz seats. Row A but the extreme sides, Row B more center.

Appreciate your thoughts.
"

I just took my 7 and 9 year olds a few weeks ago; we sat in the front mezz, row C, on the aisle. I've seen it from orchestra J and second to last and first rows in stage left banquettes, aisles both times. My opinion is that the front mezz offers the most global view, but definitely less interaction, especially from the leads.  It's a matter of whether you want to enjoy the trees or the forest, you know?

i also just saw the show yesterday from the same mezz seats and noticed that the first row front mezz definitely benefited from interaction, even the side mezz.  I didn't notice my children receiving particular attention from the cast, to be honest, but we did go the stage door and the cast was particularly nice to them. I got booster seats for them so seeing wasn't a problem (the plastic edges can be hard and uncomfortable against the legs, though).

I would skip the orchestra and either do stage or mezz. The other good thing about our seats was that we were right outside the women's bathroom so i was able to scurry out at intermission and get them in before the massive queue started. 

My kids love the album and seeing it live was thrilling. They ask to go back daily. 

Stage Door Sally
#391Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 7:29pm

Irish, thank you. I just looked at your photo you posted previously. I think I am going Mezz!

#392Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 7:33pm

All this talk of the Oak discount code.. can someone message me it? Tysmiley

Stage Door Sally
#393Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 7:38pm

This is the discount code on Theatermania, it automatically kicks in when you click to order online.

http://www.theatermania.com/broadway/discount-tickets/the-great-comet_314172/

Stage Door Sally
#394Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 7:45pm

Front Mezz, Right Center, Row B, 3,4,6,7,8. (Seat 5 not available)

Any thoughts anyone?

10086Sundays
#395Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:03pm

I know you're planning on mezz, but if she wasn't a fan at Hello Dolly, I'd go for the on stage seating.  When I was at the show Dave Malloy was sitting in the stage right back row(BF) of banquettes observing the show.  (It was just before Josh's vacation that he covered.)  Seems like it's the perfect mix of seeing everything and being in the action.

I would go with BG 8 - 22 and give her the aisle. (If I read the seating chart right, you have an aisle?)  Cast spends a lot of time up there, especially Sonya.

Updated On: 7/27/17 at 08:03 PM

Stage Door Sally
#396Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:13pm

Sundays, thanks, I am hesitating for that reason, so BG starting with Seat 22 in the center aisle? Will we see the majority of the show well? Or mostly backs of heads???

irishgator1
#397Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:18pm

Stage Door Sally said: "Sundays, thanks, I am hesitating for that reason, so BG starting with Seat 22 in the center aisle? Will we see the majority of the show well? Or mostly backs of heads???"

i have the perfect solution- see the show twice! Once from the mezz and once from the banquettes!

10086Sundays
#398Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:19pm

Yes, you'll see the majority of the show well, as far as I know.  I sat in BC23, though, so I was on the other side of the stage.  With the stage seats, no matter where you are you'll be looking at the back of someone's head at times, but usually seeing the face of the person they're interacting with.  

I will say, that Pierre ends Dust & Ashes with his back to the banquettes and that was the only time I felt I was really missing something.

I think for a young girl, being able to sit feet about away from the actress playing Sonya will be amazing and she sits up there often. (It is Sonya right? Someone correct me if I'm misremembering.)

ETA - HSky said this awhile back: "I recommend stage right banquettes for a profile view of Pierre at the piano, stage left will see more of his back during those moments. (Although depending on the angle you might be able to see Pierre's face indirectly due to the mirrored part on the piano from stage left.)"

I think what you lose of Mandy will be made up by the main cast that hangs out on BG side.  BF was the mostly ensemble.  Not that the ensemble is not important, of course, but for a kid being close to one of the female leads can't be beat.

Updated On: 7/27/17 at 08:19 PM

Stage Door Sally
#399Pizza Slice?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:34pm

So, I just called Telecharge to order tickets. The reason I called is I have terrible luck trying to order online. I go through the whole process and at the very end a message pops up saying "can't process the order." This has happened repeatedly and despite complaints to Telecharge it persists.

So the Telecharge order rep. told me under "no circumstances " should I get tickets on stage. He said they were a complete waste of money and we wouldn't be able to see well. He recommended Front Mezz. Strongly. He went on and on about this. On and On.

So, I said, okay, let's look at Front Mezz, and I told him which tickets I wanted to order, and (of course) he said he didn't see those tickets on his screen as being available. I said I did not click on them so could he try again. He said, no they aren't on his screen. I asked him if he could get a manager to help (I had to do this for Donna Murphy Dolly tickets) and he said no he couldn't. He told me to order them online. Despite me having told him previously that I had trouble ordering online in the past which is why I was calling. 

So, I hung up and didn't order any tickets. Yet.

Confused as all get out.