pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room- Page 15

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

chuckydisc
#350Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 3:58am

DChedgzoy said: "chuckydisc said: "DChedgzoy said: "I fly in at 1pm on the 27th"

So line-up yourself on Tuesday afternoon when you arrive into town ... easy-peasy."

I'd be getting there at least 5pm by the time I get out the airport and drop my bags off.
"

Unless you are dropping your bags off in Montauk or Philadelphia there is no way that it would take you over 4 hours to get to the theater.

#351Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 9:15am

11am when? Day of show or day before? Or do you mean 11pm? I think noon seems too early the day before...

chrishussey
#352Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 2:12pm

Does anyone know if wristbands are still in effect for standing room? When I went on the 22nd, I was told by security that that was the last night they were giving out wristbands because the process started a lot of fights and that my friend and I shouldn't bother and should leave, but when I walked by after the show got out on the 22nd I saw people lined up for wristbands for the show the next day? Very confusing. If anyone has clarification I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

#353Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 2:13pm

Can anyone give updates if there is anyone in line yet? I am on my way for two tickets, should be there by 3 or 315 and wanna make sure it's not a waste of time. 

#354Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 2:15pm

@chrishussey i called telecharge last night to ask if the standing room policy was still in effect and the man on the phone said yes and didn't know of any future changes. Its not up to the Music Box to make changes, though. 

chuckydisc
#355Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 3:29pm

Ejoyce said: "11am when? Day of show or day before? Or do you mean 11pm? I think noon seems too early the day before..."

What was going on at 11AM this past Sunday was the security guard adding the people who had started waiting on the line "overnight" ( after 12:15AM ) to the back-end of the wristband list ( it makes me presume there weren't 25 people yet waiting by midnight the evening before when initial wristbands were given out ).

chuckydisc
#356Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 3:33pm

chrishussey said: "Does anyone know if wristbands are still in effect for standing room? When I went on the 22nd, I was told by security that that was the last night they were giving out wristbands because the process started a lot of fights and that my friend and I shouldn't bother and should leave, but when I walked by after the show got out on the 22nd I saw people lined up for wristbands for the show the next day? Very confusing. If anyone has clarification I would be very appreciative. Thanks."

As of yesterday at noon, wristbands were still being used. Only time will tell if a security guard will give some out tonight at midnight for tomorrow's performance.

Joellefllip
#357Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:47am

So if I want to see a show tomorrow (Wednesday), what time should I head to the theater? During the day today or at night once the show starts? I've read all these threads and I'm still super confused!! 

Claireso
#358Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 11:40am

Last night was the last night of doing the wristband policy for SRO and partial view. They announced this morning after giving out the tickets that all SRO and partial view will be in the lottery effective today for Wednesday's shows.. So your only shot is the cancellation line or winning the digital lottery. Evening shows don't give out cancellation tickets till 2 hours before, I presume it is the same for matinees. 

greenifyme2
#359Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 4:51pm

Just got this email:Dear Evan Hansen Standing room

JustAnotherNewYorker
#360Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 4:54pm

Me too. Not great for those who linesit or have lots of free time, but nice for the rest of us (also, I can't imagine that NYPD was really happy about people lining up outside all night)

Joellefllip
#361Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 5:08pm

Thank god they actually sent out the email because it was way too confusing. Michael Park tweeted to me saying that there were still SRO tickets, so clearly the cast doesn't even know haha! 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#362Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 5:14pm

Joellefllip said: "Thank god they actually sent out the email because it was way too confusing. Michael Park tweeted to me saying that there were still SRO tickets, so clearly the cast doesn't even know haha! "

The e-mail was the announcement, not the clarification.

Also, there are still SRO tickets, so he isn't wrong. It is just a matter of how people get them that changed.

theaterguy11 Profile Photo
theaterguy11
#363Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 6:34pm

Why anyone would pay money to *stand* to watch Ben Platt is nuts! 

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#364Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 6:48pm

I stood for BEN PLATT... and I cried...

do you think other shows will follow suit? I quite like the experience of going to rush tickets / SRO ... suffice to say the WONDERFUL staff at the AUGUST WILSON has gotten to know me quite well LOL!

but I get why they'd do this too

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

froote
#365Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 7:16pm

I suspect other shows will only follow suit if people queue overnight which in my opinion is ridiculous. If anything bad happened to a teenager the theatre would probably have to make some form of statement/apology. So I completely understand why they do this. 

Notreallysilent 2
#366Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/27/17 at 9:07pm

There are not many shows that people start to line at 2 PM the night before though. If I'm not mistaken, DEH is the only show where people wait that long for tickets. I honestly don't think other shows will follow, but I guess we will see. Most shows don't sell out until a few hours before, so I think the only option at least for SRO tickets is to have a line. Dear Evan Hansen is sold or for months, so it is certain that they'll sell SRO, so it makes sense to it for a lottery. But the lines for other shows isn't as crazy as DEH. I guess time will tell, but I hope shows still have rush. It is truly an amazing experience to be surrounded with people with the same interests as you.

RJEvans
#367Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 7/22/17 at 9:57am

Just wish there was a way to choose which I prefer, lottery for a seat or lottery for SRO.

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#368Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 7/22/17 at 2:47pm

RJEvans said: "Just wish there was a way to choose which I prefer, lottery for a seat or lottery for SRO.

Same.  I won tonight's lottery but I can't go because my mom requires a seat and all they have available is standing room.  The email I received says to call telecharge if you need an accessible seat but they were unable to find one seat.

"

chuckydisc
#369Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 7/22/17 at 11:41pm

egnarotsew said: "RJEvans said: "Just wish there was a way to choose which I prefer, lottery for a seat or lottery for SRO.

Same.  I won tonight's lottery but I can't go because my mom requires a seat and all they have available is standing room.  The email I received says to call telecharge if you need an accessible seat but they were unable to find one seat."

If you win just buy the 2 tickets ... if it's seats, you're set and if it's SRO just sell them on here or to the cancellation line.

egnarotsew Profile Photo
egnarotsew
#370Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 7/23/17 at 10:47pm

"If you win just buy the 2 tickets ... if it's seats, you're set and if it's SRO just sell them on here or to the cancellation line."

That might work if you are already in the city.

Updated On: 7/23/17 at 10:47 PM

isingbaritone
#371Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:04pm

Coming to the city this weekend!  3 of us would like to try and see DEH on 10/28 evening show.  How early should we get to Box Office and based on experience, what are the changes we will all get them?  Thank you in advance!  

#372Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:11pm

isingbaritone said: "Coming to the city this weekend! 3 of us would like to try and see DEH on 10/28 evening show. How early should we get to Box Office and based on experience, what are the changes we will all get them? Thank you in advance!"

They don't offer SRO as a rush option anymore. The only way you can get them now is through the digital lottery. 

isingbaritone
#373Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:16pm

Thank you!  I appreciate your help. 

chuckydisc
#374Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 10/23/17 at 5:24pm

isingbaritone said: "Coming to the city this weekend! 3 of us would like to try and see DEH on 10/28 evening show. How early should we get to Box Office and based on experience, what are the changes we will all get them? Thank you in advance!"

How early are you able to arrive into the city?  What is the max amount per ticket that you can pay?