Audience Rewards revamped site

wolfwriter2
#1Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/14/16 at 11:11pm

Just curious. Has anyone else been frustrated by the revamped Audience Rewards site?

It used to be so simple to use, if not totally "flashy." It was easy to find what I was looking for, whether, for purchases or redemptions. Now, unless I'm doing something wrong, it all seems so convoluted and I've almost lost interest in looking at the site. Does anyone have any tips for making it easier to browse? Thanks

Updated On: 12/14/16 at 11:11 PM

Hairspray0901
#2Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/14/16 at 11:33pm

I hate it! I can't for the life of me figure out how to filter the redemptions to "show points and cash" like I see HOW to select it but I can't figure out how to then hit search after selecting the option!!! So frustrating!!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/14/16 at 11:46pm

HATE it! 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#4Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 12:38am

It's even worse than the Playbill revamp. In my opinion. 

Hard to navigate, confusing and feels non-user friendly. The old site was just fine. 

mpkie
#5Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 12:55am

Doesn't anybody know about UX testing? I mean, come on. It's not like the internet was born yesterday. On the up side, at least it's available on mobile devices now, when it wasn't before the new roll out.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#6Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 1:03am

mpkie said: "Doesn't anybody know about UX testing? I mean, come on. It's not like the internet was born yesterday. On the up side, at least it's available on mobile devices now, when it wasn't before the new roll out.

"

I was always able to access it via my phone.. 

LxGstv
#7Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 1:09am

I used to use it on my phone all the time as well and I find the new design frustrating as well... specially the showpoints and cash option for ticket redemption...

They do have an advanced search feature that should make finding the show that offer the showpoints + cash deal but it currently doesn't work... I contacted them and they are working on it...

Meanwhile the only option to find those deals is going through each show individually. I find that they are not really offering much of those, maybe it's the season?

mpkie
#8Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 2:41am

Oh, it never showed a place to redeem for me. The mobile site was a barebones version of the full site,  which allowed me to buy full price tickets but not redeem any points. I'm an Android user, not sure if you guys are.

ArtMan
#9Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 8:04am

I have actually been on the site numerous times, since the change, trying to cash in a voucher for my May trip.  I had the same opinions as many of you when I first started.  I did complain to staff and at least one called me back and went through a couple of things and where to find it.  I have actually gotten quite use to it since I'm on there daily.  Just give it some time and you will get used to it.  I am the worst when it comes to site work and if i can do it, I'm confident the rest of you can.

neonlightsxo
#10Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 10:01am

Hairspray0901 said: "I hate it! I can't for the life of me figure out how to filter the redemptions to "show points and cash" like I see HOW to select it but I can't figure out how to then hit search after selecting the option!!! So frustrating!!"

Me too, and that's the only function of AR I use. Has anybody been able to figure this out?

LxGstv
#11Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 11:56am

mpkie said: "Oh, it never showed a place to redeem for me. The mobile site was a barebones version of the full site,  which allowed me to buy full price tickets but not redeem any points. I'm an Android user, not sure if you guys are.

"

iOS user here, but the website originally was the mobile version for me which was very plain and basic, but I just clicked on Show Full Site and never had a problem again... until they updated the site that is!

mpkie
#12Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 2:24pm

There was no option to use the full site. Whenever I tried to navigate to it via the full site url, it always redirected to the mobile site and there was nowhere for me to select go to full site. Multiple platform support in the digital age... they decided to de-prioritize Android until they got to this latest update, I guess. Funny it gives you problems now, seems to work fine for me on my phone now lol. XD

10086sunset
#13Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 2:35pm

neonlightsxo said: "Hairspray0901 said: "I hate it! I can't for the life of me figure out how to filter the redemptions to "show points and cash" like I see HOW to select it but I can't figure out how to then hit search after selecting the option!!! So frustrating!!"

Me too, and that's the only function of AR I use. Has anybody been able to figure this out?
"

Having the same problem...

@z5
#14Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/15/16 at 5:41pm

I also miss the old one, never once thought there were any issues with it. it was always simple and easy to use and find what was needed.

VintageSnarker
#15Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/16/16 at 5:47am

I hate it. To find things like trivia it's easier to just google something and try and find a link. Ticket redemptions don't make any sense to me anymore. Is almost everything just thousands of points? What are the dates? The old system wasn't perfect but it was at least straightforward.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#16Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/16/16 at 6:13am

Did you find the trivia?  I could not.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

VintageSnarker
#17Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/16/16 at 6:42am

There might be an easier way, but if you scroll all the way to the bottom you'll see "More." Under that heading, click "More Ways to Earn." You'll find Trivia there. I get that they want you to buy tickets but they're also hiding the other non-trivia ways to earn points with this weird navigation.

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#18Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/16/16 at 9:49am

I reached out to Audience Rewards regarding redeeming points and cash option for tickets 

Thank you for your feedback. We also welcome constructive criticism from our
members.

To address your concern about navigating points and cash redemption offers,
if you click on the 'redeem' tab-there is actually an option to conduct an
advanced for both bonus offers and redemptions offers by the point value. We
acknowledge that there are a few kinks still to be ironed out on our new
site, but we welcome any feedback you may have going forward.

Regards,

Frank
Audience Rewards

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#19Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/16/16 at 9:58am

VintageSnarker said: "There might be an easier way, but if you scroll all the way to the bottom you'll see "More." Under that heading, click "More Ways to Earn." You'll find Trivia there. I get that they want you to buy tickets but they're also hiding the other non-trivia ways to earn points with this weird navigation.

"

THanks, vintage!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

neonlightsxo
#20Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/16/16 at 10:04am

I'm aware of that "advanced search" option but there's no search or apply once you select that option...

HBBrock
#21Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/24/16 at 12:30pm

Not sure if everyone else slept on this, but 5 new Spring shows went up yesterday.

I got tickets to Glass Menagerie, Anastasia, Miss Saigon, Significant Other, and The Little Foxes.

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#22Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/24/16 at 2:44pm

Thanks for the heads up! Picked up a ticket for 1,500 points + $42 for the first preview of Anastasia.

ArtMan
#23Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/24/16 at 4:59pm

HBBrock said: "Not sure if everyone else slept on this, but 5 new Spring shows went up yesterday.

I got tickets to Glass Menagerie, Anastasia, Miss Saigon, Significant Other, and The Little Foxes.

"

Also, the end date isn't always that.  I was about to book The Little Foxes with my voucher.  I asked the really great rep if he could check on Comet,  (end date according to site states April 23, 2017) to see if any new dates opened up for May.  He stated the site was giving him inconsistent info.  He checked for me and I was able to get front mezz for May.  Now I will deal with Little Foxes with rush, TKTS, or other discounts.

VintageSnarker
#24Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/26/16 at 8:32am

supersam1026 said: "Thanks for the heads up! Picked up a ticket for 1,500 points + $42 for the first preview of Anastasia."

Given the way rush prices are lately, that's not a bad deal. But I'm still wary about going during previews. I'll be very curious to see how this show does. I remember it well and fondly but the movie came out a long time ago and wasn't the biggest hit. I remember they also had this weird Gilt City offer...

Early access to one ticket to “Anastasia” at Broadhurst Theatre; valid for select performances from March 23, 2017 through May 24, 2017 (select date upon redemption)

One Front Orchestra ticket to “Anastasia” at Broadhurst Theatre on Friday, April 28, 2017 at 8 PM/Meet-and-greet with select cast members following the show

I don't understand their marketing strategy but I'm hoping for the best for them.

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#25Audience Rewards revamped site
Posted: 12/26/16 at 9:51am

I personally do like going to first previews if I can and then potentially revisiting via rush, standing room, etc. The reason I like the type of deal I got (1,500 points + $42) is because every time they have had an offer like that, I have gotten great, full view, orchestra seats. Don't know another way to get that type of seat at that price, so I am always happy when something like this comes about.

All orchestra, except where noted- For Oh, Hello, I got row L on the aisle, Fun Home I had row F in the 100 section, Finding Neverland was row P, Gentleman's Guide was row A of mezz, but right in the center, Eclipsed was row J.

These are often the first row of seats where premiums end, so far I have always ended up leaving happy with the seat placement.