disneybroadwayfan22
#275Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 3:43pm

Well, don't know what to do now.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#276Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 3:44pm

Margo319 said: "Telecharge doesn't refund or return tickets. You can simply schedule it for another date and swallow the cost of the much cheaper tickets next year."

Apparently Telecharge didn't get the memo:

"You are receiving this email because you have ordered tickets for DEAR EVAN HANSEN at the Music Box Theatre for a Wednesday or Saturday matinee performance through November 11, 2017. At these matinee performances, the role of Evan Hansen will be played by Michael Lee Brown. Ben Platt will not appear at these performances.

If you are interested in exchanging your tickets for another performance of DEAR EVAN HANSEN, you may use our Online Exchange tool:"

And on the phone, they told me to e-mail them to request a refund, since no managers are there to approve the refund because of the holiday weekend.

Updated On: 9/1/17 at 03:44 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#277Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 3:50pm

I have exchanged through Telecharge many times for various shows over the years. Never a problem. 

herewegoabc
#278Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 3:51pm

The DEH website no longer lists September 2nd matinee for Ben being out. 

Eta... oh, I guess that's probably just included in the overall Saturday/Wednesday announcement. 

Updated On: 9/1/17 at 03:51 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#279Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 3:53pm

When Noah and taylor take on the role the alternate schedule will stay in place per telecharge. Also MLB will be the alternate through at least Noah's run.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

jtishere
#280Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:05pm

Looks like I'll be seeing MLB on 9/6 now. Really bummed to miss Ben, but it seems like MLB also is doing a pretty stellar job? 

lordofanime
#281Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:05pm

Complete BS.

I called Telecharge and asked for a refund. They said that they had been instructed by the production to NOT refund any tickets... AFTER that they told me that they gave a ton of refunds for the first hour after the announcement before getting the memo from the production company.... Totally unfair! 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#282Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:08pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Well, don't know what to do now."

I won't to see the show until the November 8 evening performance with Ben. However the entire cast is considered to be strong including the way the current Evans interact with them. So if you don't have the option of exchanging for a performance for when Ben will be performing, I'd recommend sticking with the ticket you have now before the majority of the rest of the original Broadway cast leaves the show as well. Also the new Bens are kind of unknowns (as far as how they'll do in DEH) right now. so we don't really know what we're going to get yet.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#283Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:16pm

^Good point. But, I'm extremely upset. I 100000% understand completely and Ben deserves afternoons off and I'm glad that he does. But, I was really excited to see him and Rachel. He was the whole reason why I got the tickets honestly. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#284Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:31pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "^Good point. But, I'm extremely upset. I 100000% understand completely and Ben deserves afternoons off and I'm glad that he does. But, I was really excited to see him and Rachel. He was the whole reason why I got the tickets honestly."

I truly understand. I booked the dates of my NYC trip to hopefully ensure that I saw DEH with Ben. I'm bummed that I will miss Rachel (but I take some consolation in the fact that I saw her in Pippin). It sounds like they're not offering refunds or exchanges now. When are you attending? 

disneybroadwayfan22
#285Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:35pm

^they are doing exchanges, but the shows with Ben are gone. My friend is saying they're not doing refunds at all. And on November 8th

stlrod
#286Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:36pm

That sucks. My tickets purchased 3/8 are for the  11/11 matinee.  Take back his Tony and give it to Andy Karl.

stlrod
#287Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:36pm

Double post sorry

Updated On: 9/1/17 at 04:36 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#288Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:40pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "^they are doing exchanges, but the shows with Ben are gone. My friend is saying they're not doing refunds at all. And on November 8th"

We're seeing it the same day. I'm seeing the evening performance. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#289Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:43pm

^Well, we are both equally lucky then. I'm seeing Hamilton that night.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#290Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 4:56pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "^Well, we are both equally lucky then. I'm seeing Hamilton that night."

Oh, that's great. Ham is my favorite show. Enjoy!

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#291Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 5:00pm

Will they give credit for a future show trough Telecharge or does it need to be DEH?  Indont

mind the exchange but don't wanna see DEH without Platt and I have tickets for all of the shows currently on sale.

disneybroadwayfan22
#292Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 5:09pm

^Yup I'm going to try to swap it for Meteor Shower. Plus don't call them. Their lines are swapped. I'm going to try to call them again after my homework lol 

lordofanime
#293Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 5:16pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "^Yup I'm goingto try to swap it for Meteor Shower. Plus don't call them. Their lines are swapped. I'm going to try to call them again after my homework lol"

Yep! Was on hold waiting for an agent for 15 minutes before hanging up... Went on twitter and some people are saying that they've been waiting 30+ minutes.. 

greenifyme2
#294Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 5:18pm

Wow. I'm glad I called when I did. Wasn't sure if I was going to regret my decision. Sounds like a big mess now. I feel bad for those telecharge customer service people.

michaelhale
#295Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 5:37pm

I'm glad Ben is getting matinees off, understanding everyone's disappointment, though. I missed Ben as well during his vocal rest, but in that vein, I am so happy for Michael Lee Brown getting those matinees! He is really good in the show, and I can't compare him to Ben see: missing him, but MLB didn't disappoint me so if you haven't seen the show and are stuck with a matinee ticket you won't be disappointed, I feel :) MLB is definitely deserving of the role.

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#296Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 5:41pm

The Telecharge site will only exchange for DEH.  No option for a different show.  Anyone try this path?

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#297Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 5:41pm

The Telecharge site will only exchange for DEH.  No option for a different show.  Anyone try this path?

herewegoabc
#298Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 5:55pm

Generally, telecharge only allows for same show exchanges. They have a policy of not taking money from one show to give to another. I don't know if they might make an exception in this case.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#299Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
Posted: 9/1/17 at 6:06pm

I spoke to a supervisor at 4pm. There's always one on. Call back if u get told none r there