Skip23
#1Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 8:47am

Anybody have any news?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 8:53am

He's lived in Los Angeles for years and only really come to New York when doing a show. Recently he's done a few TV shows (Shameless, Nashville).

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#3Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 8:59am

Hasn't he said that the vocal problems he suffered during ONCE have basically prevented him from doing another lead role in a musical?

Loved him on Shameless.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
Updated On: 2/16/17 at 08:59 AM

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#4Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:02am

He was on Elementary for a while too.

When They Go Low, I Go High

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#5Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:05am

IdinaBellFoster said: "Hasn't he said that the vocal problems he suffered during ONCE have basically prevented him from doing another lead role in a musical?

Loved him on Shameless.

"

No, that's not what he said (see linked). He just said that he couldn't return to singing that particular role without risking damage.

He's still singing very well (I heard him do a cabaret evening about a year ago), and I imagine he could come back and do another leading role in a musical, should he so desire. But he seems happy in LA.

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/05-2013/breaking-the-silence-once-tony-award-winner-steve-_65118.html

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#6Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:07am

^^^Thank you! I don't know why I thought that. Good to hear - I hope he comes back soon!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

neonlightsxo
#7Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:35am

He was only on one or two episodes of Nashville. I found it very weird. Plenty of other theater people have had long stints on that show. Tough break I guess.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#8Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 10:45am

He is such a talent...And so hot....I hope he comes back to Broadway soon...His cover of "LEAVE"... I could cry thinking about it...

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#9Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 11:23am

Oh good, Skimble's here. I'd rather see Steve Kazee than Andy Karl in Groundhog Day.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

froote
#10Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 11:48am

Trust me when I say you need Andy Karl to make Groundhog Day work. Once he leaves, the show is done.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#11Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 12:00pm

Well I saw it in LONDON and you're wrong, Valentina.

Nice try troll.

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'
Updated On: 2/16/17 at 12:00 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#12Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 12:31pm

what a coincidental thread, as i'm watching Shamless right now for the first time and just yesterday got to season 5 and was pleasantly surprised to see Steve show up and become a big part of the season for Emmy Rossum's character. i hope he's doing well!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

smidge
#13Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 12:43pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Well I saw it in LONDON and you're wrong, Valentina.

Nice try troll.

I think Valentina is just trying to get a rise out of you. Although a person can't be wrong about wanting to see one actor over another. That would be their preference.

MinnieFay
#14Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 12:54pm

Kazee is done with Broadway ---- and the feelings are mutual. To quote a Bill Maher catchphrase:  "WHINY LITTLE B*TCH!"

neonlightsxo
#15Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 1:05pm

MinnieFay said: "Kazee is done with Broadway ---- and the feelings are mutual. To quote a Bill Maher catchphrase:  "WHINY LITTLE B*TCH!""

I agree with this.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#16Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 2:16pm

neonlightsxo said: "MinnieFay said: "Kazee is done with Broadway ---- and the feelings are mutual. To quote a Bill Maher catchphrase:  "WHINY LITTLE B*TCH!""

I agree with this.
"

I guess that worked rather well for his character in Once. Guy can objectively be a very annoying character, but Steve's portrayal still made me sympathetic to him.

And smidge is right, I was just making jokes at your cost, Skimble. I do take some satisfaction in knowing that I got you to upper-case a whole word.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#17Where is Steve Kazee these days?
Posted: 2/16/17 at 3:30pm

MinnieFay said: "Kazee is done with Broadway ---- and the feelings are mutual. To quote a Bill Maher catchphrase:  "WHINY LITTLE B*TCH!"

"I am sorry to hear this.  He gave me the goosebumps at Once.  Why are they thru with each other?

When They Go Low, I Go High