pixeltracker

Hamilton in San Francisco- Page 3

Hamilton in San Francisco

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#50Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/12/17 at 11:21pm

Terracentric said: "I asked SHN via Facebook and SHN's social media contact (Jonathan) said lottery tickets won't count towards the 6 allowed."

Thanks for your reply, Terracentric.

Yes. A few minutes ago, I also got confirmation that what you were told is the case. (For what it's worth, I messaged their FB page before posting the question here.) Pretty much what I expected. But reading the FAQ on the single ticket page made me suddenly worried that a stroke of lottery luck could endanger the 6 tix I put together for our group. ...and the gossip in the city is insidious!

I don't wanna' wait for it!

Updated On: 3/12/17 at 11:21 PM

broadwaysfguy
#51Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/13/17 at 1:30pm

markbear

isnt the six ticket limit ridiculous? I have many friends that are the best customers of SHN that either want to bring a lot of friends, or will want to see a show many times.  We all know the tix limit hasnt slowed down scalpers at all-they hire a bunch of low income people to set up accounts, so the one punished are some of the theatres best customers....

not right!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/13/17 at 1:39pm

The cast got to meet Stephen Curry! https://instagram.com/p/BRkU7SajIy4/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

UncleCharlie
#53Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/13/17 at 5:49pm

broadwaysfguy said: "markbear

isnt the six ticket limit ridiculous? I have many friends that are the best customers of SHN that either want to bring a lot of friends, or will want to see a show many times.  We all know the tix limit hasnt slowed down scalpers at all-they hire a bunch of low income people to set up accounts, so the one punished are some of the theatres best customers....

not right!

Yes, not letting someone see an extremely popular and ground breaking show many times so many other people can't get to see it at all is NOT RIGHT!

Jesus, how self-centered and entitled can someone be?

"

broadwaysfguy
#54Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/13/17 at 6:19pm

sorry comrade uncle charlie to burst your safe space bubble. i willsend u apuppy emogee if it helps

musical theatre is a business. people like markbear

and i buy season tickets and financially support the

iffy shows along with the occasional superb show. if one of us chooses to treat a number of our friends to a show they probably otherwise couldnt afford at mkt rates or given the high demand then yes members who do so can have additional benefits

a six seat limit at this point now that the pre sales over tells your best customers we dont want more of your business-thats not smart or good business

every person i know from students to theatre professionals to subscribers-have been able to get tickets for this run if they have taken the effort

there are literally over a 1000 available seats on the site right now for the run

so please go take your whining and judgement to some group therapy where you can hopefully get a happy towel to rub against your face the next time u think about posting something inane to bww

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#55Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/13/17 at 6:35pm

Has anyone here seen estimates of the number of daily entrants?

Updated On: 3/13/17 at 06:35 PM

UncleCharlie
#56Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/13/17 at 6:36pm

Comrade? Safe space? Group therapy? Happy towel? You certainly hit most of the stereotypes from the Idiot's Guide to Insulting Liberals, so good job there. "I'm a subscriber, I'm so special, I should be able to do whatever I want. Yay for me and to hell with everyone else!". You ever stop to consider there may still be a few tickets available because they have a ticket limit in place? If there are so many tickets available, why don't you hire some of those "low income people" you seem to know so much about to set up accounts and buy some for you. You're a real trip, dude.

Updated On: 3/14/17 at 06:36 PM

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#57Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/14/17 at 8:18am

broadwaysfguy:

It's funny to me that just on the previous page, you actually took the time to tell someone you were going to ignore them because you only engage in respectful discussion, and now here you are being way more disrespectful than the person you said you were going to ignore.

About the ticket limit though, it's really not worth the tantrum you're throwing. Unless you have 12 people living in your household it's not an issue. My mom used up our 6 ticket household limit when she got tickets for us in the presale, but my friend and I also wanted to attend a show together...so my friend bought the tickets for us, using two of her household limit. Done. Easy as pie. And honestly, if someone can't figure out how to use the different households available to them, I'm not sure Hamilton would be a show they could comprehend.

Updated On: 3/14/17 at 08:18 AM

broadwaysfguy
#58Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/14/17 at 11:12pm

dangit

forgot and accidently fed the trolls on this site

my bad...wont happen again

broadwaysfguy
#59Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/15/17 at 8:48pm

two good friends attended wednesday matinee today and ryan alvarado was on as hamilton.

(first time in sf to my knowledge) my friends are experienced theatre goers and they and the audience both thought ryan was fantastic...

broadwaysfguy
#59Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/15/17 at 8:48pm

two good friends attended wednesday matinee today and ryan alvarado was on as hamilton.

(first time in sf to my knowledge) my friends are experienced theatre goers and they and the audience both thought ryan was fantastic...

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#60Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/15/17 at 8:51pm

She looks stunning. I hope we get promo video of this cast. https://instagram.com/p/BRq_JgSBuV6/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

broadwaysfguy
#61Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/15/17 at 9:40pm

anyone at hamilton sf sunday night? 

a friend said another friend was there and they had to stop the show due to a tech issue.

curious to learn?

what part of the show did it happen?

how long was the stop?

was it the rotating stage or another element?

thanks in advance!

bear88
#62Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/16/17 at 9:39pm

A suggestion for people looking for tickets:

Check in the afternoons, or late at night, for $185 center orchestra tickets that suddenly become available. I just got two tickets for what are ordinarily the most expensive seats offered - $868 - in Section P. I don't understand the mysteries of why such pricey, good seats are suddenly offered for a relative bargain - emphasis on the word, "relative" - when they're so absurdly expensive on all other days, but I'm not going to complain. Even my wife, reluctant to see the show another time after seeing it on Broadway when we already have tickets for the SF production in late May, conceded that this was too good a deal to pass up. 

It seems like these seats pop up two or three days before the show, not for anything available weeks or months from now.

Updated On: 3/18/17 at 09:39 PM

bear88
#63Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/18/17 at 12:41am

Apparently, illness is rampant in the cast, according to performer Twitter accounts. Michael Luwoye says some swings are in Friday's show. I guess this is one reason for seeing the SF run twice, but I am curious who will be missing on Saturday night, when I will be there.

conealpetterson
#64Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/18/17 at 3:46am

We were there tonight and there were only two understudies on.  Josh Andres Rivera was on as Mulligan/Madison because Mathenee Treco went home for a funeral.  He did well - just messed one line in the last song.  There was also an ensemble member out.  Hopefully, you won't have anyone else out tomorrow.  Joshua Henry and Michael Luwoye were fantastic - as was Emmy Raver-Lampman.  Her "Satisfied" gave me chills.

BroadwayMomma
#65Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/18/17 at 1:10pm

I've been tracking the box office tickets online.  The Tuesday night orchestra seats that were $500 reduced to $200 the night before around 7 pm.  Yesterday (Friday), the $500 seats in orchestra were reduced to $200 at 3 pm.  The $500 seats were reduced to $200 at 8 am this morning for tonight's (Saturday) show.  I grabbed two of them in row K.   They do have a cancellation line along the wall across from the box office (never anyone in it when I've walked by), but the box office told me they would probably not offer anything less than $200 to people in line.  

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#66Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/18/17 at 6:18pm

BroadwayMomma said: "I've been tracking the box office tickets online.  The Tuesday night orchestra seats that were $500 reduced to $200 the night before around 7 pm.  Yesterday (Friday), the $500 seats in orchestra were reduced to $200 at 3 pm.  The $500 seats were reduced to $200 at 8 am this morning for tonight's (Saturday) show.  I grabbed two of them in row K.   They do have a cancellation line along the wall across from the box office (never anyone in it when I've walked by), but the box office told me they would probably not offer anything less than $200 to people in line.  

"

So you are finding good-priced seats as early as the night before a show?  Are your row K seats off to the side or center?  Nice for those prices!

BroadwayMomma
#67Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/18/17 at 6:45pm

Yes, the $500+ tickets and $800+ that don't sell are eventually getting reduced to $196 either the day before or on the day of the performance.  These are center orchestra seats -- amazing seats.  You have to be checking pretty regularly though so you don't miss the window where they get reduced.  For example, both performances for tomorrow (Sunday) currently have $500+ center orchestra seats, but they will get reduced at some point today or tomorrow if they don't sell.  Now, this might only hold true for preview performances, but we'll see.  

Updated On: 3/18/17 at 06:45 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#68Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/18/17 at 10:47pm

Looks like Ryan Vasquez was on a Burr yesterday. Anyone see him?

basketcase
#69Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/18/17 at 11:26pm

Ryan Vasquez had a put-in for Burr yesterday, but he wasn't on for the actual show. I was there last night and Joshua Henry was Burr.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#70Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/19/17 at 3:29am

A friend who saw the show Wednesday reports Ryan Alvarado was on for Hamilton at the Matinee. She loved him, describing him as "having Lin's energy" and perfectly cast. Would be curious to see if he continues to do Wednesday Mats and is more of an alternate than a Standby.

BroadwayMomma
#71Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/19/17 at 3:55am

Here's what Michael Luwoye said on Twitter about his schedule:  

https://twitter.com/MichaelLuwoye/status/843277561329197059

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#72Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/19/17 at 4:58am

broadwaysfguy said: "people like markbear and i buy season tickets and financially support the iffy shows along with the occasional superb show."

Iffy shows?! It is a touring house, you essentially get the popular, proven, and successful shows out of NYC very early in their touring life. I lived in SF for 16 years and was a subscriber, but never thought of this as a risky endeavor. I mean, sure, Roman Holiday may be good or not, but in that case, you're getting the first shot to see something... but that is the exception. And the previous risky SF out of town tryouts? Wicked. Legally Blonde. Heh.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#73Hamilton in San Francisco
Posted: 3/19/17 at 7:47am

haterobics said: "Iffy shows?! It is a touring house, you essentially get the popular, proven, and successful shows out of NYC very early in their touring life. I lived in SF for 16 years and was a subscriber, but never thought of this as a risky endeavor. I mean, sure, Roman Holiday may be good or not, but in that case, you're getting the first shot to see something... but that is the exception. And the previous risky SF out of town tryouts? Wicked. Legally Blonde. Heh."

Well, to be fair, besides Roman Holiday, we did get Finding Neverland, last season the horrible Phantom redo, and Dirty Dancing before that. (To say nothing of the year of Slava's Snow Show). And for every WIcked and Legally Blonde tryout, there's a Lestat, Lennon, or Mambo Kings. 

Granted, the past year, with the special As/If and the Hedwigs and the extended Hamilton in this one was good for SF. But, they're not all gems. There are a few klinkers in there.