pixeltracker

Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness- Page 2

Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#25Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/13/17 at 4:45pm

If Nancy goes on, I will mame every effort to see her. I've seen Glenn twice, will be a third time, but I would love to see what she does with it. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

lczvera
#26Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/13/17 at 5:39pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "If Nancy goes on, I will mame every effort to see her. I've seen Glenn twice, will be a third time, but I would love to see what she does with it. 

"

Same here. I've been lucky enough to see Glenn a few times in this production, and I'm grateful to see her amazing performance every time. But I totally wouldn't mind seeing Nancy, who is 45 now, so it does not seem like a far reach for the role.

ChrisTyler12882 Profile Photo
ChrisTyler12882
#27Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 1:50pm

Nancy Anderson is going on as Norma today!

lczvera
#28Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 1:55pm

Really? Where did you find out??? I cannot find it anywhere on their social media... damn, I hope I can get there on time!

lczvera
#29Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 1:55pm

Double post. Sorry

Updated On: 5/14/17 at 01:55 PM

ChrisTyler12882 Profile Photo
ChrisTyler12882
#30Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 1:57pm

She posted it on Facebook.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#31Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 2:03pm

Also saw Robbie tweet this - 

https://twitter.com/divarobbie/status/863814517985333249

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

@z5
#32Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 3:13pm

Ouch, on Mother's Day too. Can't imagine all the upset people who had tickets for today.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#33Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 3:58pm

lczvera said: "I went to Thursday, and Glenn literally did a pre-show announcement:"I have a cold, but I'd rather to be here than anywhere else." And she still went on. Kudos to her, but I can totally hear the illness in her voice, and not only Glenn, but a few other people also sounded under the weather."

It surprises me that someone in a role of this nature would go on, knowing that they are ill, because the character is required to get quite up-close-and-personal with Joe Gillis. I would think there'd be concern about her spreading it to Joe, who would then spread it to Betty, who would then spread it to Artie, and so on.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#34Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 4:45pm

Personally, I would love the chance to see Nancy Anderson as Norma....just saying.  wink

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#35Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 5:48pm

Fascinated to hear reports of anyone that was there about how the scene was at the theater. What a terrible day to have this happen, as I'm sure the audience was filled with mothers and their families expecting to see Glenn Close.

I would imagine many audience members would've rather the show been canceled and seen another show altogether than see her understudy perform in what's ultimately a severely mediocre production. That's just my thoughts, though...

Updated On: 5/14/17 at 05:48 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#36Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 6:01pm

VotePeron said: "Fascinated to hear reports of anyone that was there about how the scene was at the theater. What a terrible day to have this happen, as I'm sure the audience was filled with mothers and their families expecting to see Glenn Close.

I would imagine many audience members would've rather the show been canceled and seen another show altogether than see her understudy perform in what's ultimately a severely mediocre production. That's just my thoughts, though...

"

I have to agree. Seeing this show without Glenn would be so disappointing, as talented as Nancy is of course. Are they letting people who stay return for free?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

lczvera
#37Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 7:52pm

I got to catch it, and there was a longer than usual line for boxoffice exchange/refund, I suppose.

But Nancy is great and she gives a very different interpretation, which I really appreciate! The audience is very supportive and responsive- applaud as loud as when Glenn was in the role at the end of every Norma song.

On the other hand, Michael seems to have a pretty serious foot injury. He limped heavily throughout the whole 2.5 hr. Probably b/c it's already an understudy as Norma, they would not get another understudy to go on for Joe.

JSquared2
#38Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 8:02pm

lczvera said: "I got to catch it, and there was a longer than usual line for boxoffice exchange/refund, I suppose"

Considering she's never missed a show before, why wouldn't it be "a longer than usual line"?

Updated On: 5/14/17 at 08:02 PM

lczvera
#39Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/14/17 at 8:15pm

JSquared2 said: "lczvera said: "I got to catch it, and there was a longer than usual line for boxoffice exchange/refund, I suppose"

Considering she's never missed a show before, why wouldn't it be "a longer than usual line"?

Of cause there would. I'm not surprised. I just hope Glenn has a speedy recovery!

"

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#40Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/15/17 at 3:37am

Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 5/15/17 at 03:37 AM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#41Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness
Posted: 5/15/17 at 3:44am