pixeltracker

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour- Page 20

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#475LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 5/29/18 at 11:15am

Mister Matt said: "Based on the rest of the booklet, it appears the only replacement from the Australian cast is Casey Lyons as Gustave from the current tour for The Beauty Underneath and Streets of Coney Island, which makes sense. This is the rest of the booklet:

"

Mister Matt, can you provide the missing second image from your original post? There's one missing between the first and second images seen above; it shows as just a placeholder in the original post.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#476LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 5/30/18 at 2:56pm

Is there an audio or digital recording available of LND with the Ben Lewis/Anna O'Byrne cast? I can only find the DVD/Blu ray of that performance. I really dislike Ramin Karimloo's singing style, so the official recording is not doing it for me. I found The Beauty Underneath with Ben Lewis on itunes in the ALW boxed collection but can't find any other songs with that cast. 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#477LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 5/30/18 at 3:05pm

Babe_Williams said: "Is there an audio or digital recording available of LND with the Ben Lewis/Anna O'Byrne cast? I can only find the DVD/Blu ray of that performance. I really dislike Ramin Karimloo's singing style, so the official recording is not doing it for me. I found The Beauty Underneath with Ben Lewis on itunes in the ALW boxed collection but can't find any other songs with that cast."

Babe - there is an audio CD of Ben/Anna with updates that were made to the score in the subsequent years that has been released...if you scroll up this thread you'll see images from the CD.  It's not widely available yet - they've been selling it at the tour stops.  But if you're like me, a super fan, you can find a link online to purchase it by mail.  (I'll have to do some looking through my email box to find the link, but maybe someone else will chime in the meantime)

I think they've paused a wider released because they wanted the "premiere" of the New Beauty Underneath recording to be on ALW's Unmasked (as they said so in the liner notes of Unmasked).  Should LND make it to broadway,, I suspect it will be on iTunes and everywhere 

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#478LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 5/31/18 at 11:23am

chernjam said: "Babe_Williams said: "Is there an audio or digital recording available of LND with the Ben Lewis/Anna O'Byrne cast? I can only find the DVD/Blu ray of that performance. I really dislike Ramin Karimloo's singing style, so the official recording is not doing it for me. I found The Beauty Underneath with Ben Lewis on itunes in the ALW boxed collection but can't find any other songs with that cast."

Babe - there is an audio CD of Ben/Anna with updates that were made to the score in the subsequent years that has been released...if you scroll up this thread you'll see images from the CD. It's not widely available yet - they've been selling it at the tour stops. But if you're like me, a super fan, you can find a link online to purchase it by mail. (I'll have to do some looking through my email box to find the link, but maybe someone else will chime in the meantime)

I think they've paused a wider released because they wanted the "premiere" of the New Beauty Underneath recording to be on ALW's Unmasked (as they said so in the liner notes of Unmasked). Should LND make it to broadway,, I suspect it will be on iTunes and everywhere
"

THANK YOU

singerunlimited
#479LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/10/18 at 2:02pm

The new LOVE NEVER DIES recording has been released on Spotify!

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#480LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/10/18 at 8:07pm

I saw it on amazon with all the track listings as well but it says it's unavailable to download and there's not a way to purchase the CD there either... weird

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#481LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/10/18 at 8:36pm

It’ll probably get updated soon on Amazon if they are making it available outside of the tour now.

Pithyaspromised
#482LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/13/18 at 9:56am

Elfuhbuh said: "I hear Gardar has been getting sick a LOT during this tour. I’m really starting to wonder if there’s something more to it, but that’s not our business. "

We saw the show again when it stopped in Buffalo last week, and Gardar's name was no longer on the lobby marquee. It looks like Bronson is performing the role most nights, with Michael Gillis stepping in two shows a week.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#483LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/19/18 at 3:37pm

Cortes is still listed as the main Phantom in the program for this week’s Nashville stop. Murphy said on social media that he’s doing 6 of the 8 shows this week, though, so I assume they haven’t changed the billing that they give each house.

Solipsist234
#484LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/19/18 at 3:42pm

Just so we're clear on the new cast recording, it's the Australian cast/version of the show with the updated Beauty Underneath, right?

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#485LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/19/18 at 3:43pm

For those who’ve seen it recently, have they been giving understudy slips? I’m seeing it in Nashville and like to keep track of who I see. I’d really like to not have to resort to underlining my program.

Is the equity rule still not that there has to be two of the three of notice on the cast board, program insert, and preshow announcement when standbys and understudies are on? I’ve only seen it on the cast board the past two national tours I’ve seen.

singerunlimited
#486LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/19/18 at 4:23pm

Solipsist234 said: "Just so we're clear on the new cast recording, it's the Australian cast/version of the show with the updated Beauty Underneath, right?"

Correct. It is the Australian cast recording of the show, with the updated "Beauty Underneath" and a few other small changes throughout the score. It sounds great, and I'm glad we finally have a recording that reflects all of the changes made over the years!

njf1003
#487LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/19/18 at 5:36pm

kade.ivy said: "For those who’ve seen it recently, have they been giving understudy slips? I’m seeing it in Nashville and like to keep track of who I see. I’d really like to not have to resort to underlining my program.

Is the equity rule still not that there has to be two of the three of notice on the cast board, program insert, and preshow announcement when standbys and understudies are on? I’ve only seen it on the cast board the past two national tours I’ve seen.
"

Nashville usually gives out slips when there is an understudy. Once they made an announcement in shows I've seen at TPAC. But the lobby board has alway correlated with something else.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#488LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/19/18 at 6:38pm

njfl, thanks. I go to TPAC a few times a year. I saw Waitress there a few weeks ago, and there was an understudy on for a principal (Becky), and it was only the understudy board that showed the change (no slip or preshow announcement).

Same with when I saw the Phantom tour in March in South Bend. There were understudies for Christine and Raoul, and it was only the cast board that gave the change.

Hopefully these were just flukes, because I know most folks don’t study the cast board like we nerds do! I’m sure slips can sometimes be difficult logistically, especially for the large tour houses, so it seems like a preshow announcement *may* be more efficient, if the 2/3 methods rule is still a thing.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#489LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/20/18 at 12:22pm

^ I can confirm what you've encountered is not a fluke. I've seen understudies for plenty of cast members, including leads, on tours in Cleveland and Pittsburgh over the years. Never once have I been given an insert slip or heard an announcement in either city... merely a listing on the cast board.

One of my big gripes is that the cast boards aren't often placed in a prominent position. They're usually outside the lobby with a bunch of ushers and ticket takers blocking them, or placed off in a corner of the lobby where a group of theatergoers stands in a group chatting away blocking the view.  I'd doubt many audience members are ever aware they're seeing an understudy.

I actually have a "Love Never Dies"-related anecdote about this subject: A little boy and his family seated near me at a performance earlier this year were reading their programs beforehand and were amused that "The guy playing The Phantom is named 'Thor'!" (as in the superhero).  I didn't have the heart to tell them "We're actually seeing Michael Gillis" at this performance..." so I let them carry on in ignorant bliss.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

tourboi
#490LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/20/18 at 3:33pm

Cast board placements are usually directed by venue managers. Stage Managers set them up where the venue instructs them to. 

As for understudies... most union agreements require that a combination of TWO of the following me done:

1. Cast Board Posting 

2. Inserts in the Playbills/Programs

3. Vocal Announcement before the performance. 

Most tours opt for the inserts, and the board is a given. The only time you'll hear an announcement is if they're out of inserts for that performer, or its a last minute change and they're not able to get inserts to the ushers to stuff into the programs in time. 

If an announcement isn't made, and there aren't inserts... that's not on the show. That's on the venue. Stage Management will always give inserts to the head ushers/house mangers. The ushers then typically are told to insert them. If it's not happening at all - that's a problem and you have every right to complain. In some venues I've actually heard house managers say to volunteer ushers "Stuff what you can...." so many playbills end up going empty. This has, in my experience, seemed to happen mostly in volunteer usher venues for whatever reason. 

njf1003
#491LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/21/18 at 10:29am

kade.ivy said: "njfl, thanks. I go to TPAC a few times a year. I saw Waitress there a few weeks ago, and there was an understudy on for a principal (Becky), and it was only the understudy board that showed the change (no slip or preshow announcement)."

Bad news for you. Only the lobby board had the alternates and the Gustave performer listed. 

I know in the recent past, we've had inserts (Wicked, Book of Mormon) or an announcement (Sound of Music), but maybe it's no longer a hard requirement for tours. 

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#492LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/21/18 at 12:01pm

Last night I was at Hamilton in D.C., and we had an Eliza understudy. They did the insert, the board, AND an announcement. I've seen less than that at actual Broadway shows, like the last time I saw Phantom on Broadway!

Oddly, though, the insert last night had several names listed, including names of performers who were playing their regular roles (Hamilton, Burr, etc.) as well as names of understudies (Eliza and a few minor characters). I've never seen that done before. It was a little confusing at first.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#493LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/21/18 at 12:09pm

Wow, sounds like tour houses have gone lax on enforcement, or there’s miscommunication somewhere. This hasn’t always been the case. I’m pretty sure I’ve experienced all three methods at TPAC over the years. Really interesting. Granted that that the average theatregoer won’t care, but these actors deserve better, especially in a case like LND, when the listed Phantom isn’t even with the company anymore.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#494LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/21/18 at 12:14pm

Here in Orlando they never use inserts or make an announcement. The only way to know an understudy is on is to track down the board, which is always in a different location every single show. I often have to shoo people out of the way so I can get close enough to read it. The vast majority of audiences here have no idea when there’s an understudy on and simply assume they’re seeing the person billed in the playbill.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#495LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 6/29/18 at 8:43am

"The show as you see it on the Orpheum Theatre’s stage is a fine musical, filled with spectacular sights and both very beautiful and stirring music. Scheduling both Phantom of the Opera and Love Never Dies in the same season is simply brilliant, and a rare opportunity to see a musical sequel worth its time."

REVIEW: Run, Do Not Walk, To Love Never Dies (Orpheum/Hennepin Theatre Trust)

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

drsouchan
#496LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 7/25/18 at 6:12pm

Could anyone tell me which cast's pictures taked in LND US tour program?

Last time I bought wicked tour program turns out it's full original cast…No offense to original cast, but just when I buy a tour program as a souvenir, I prefer the cast I watched.

Updated On: 7/25/18 at 06:12 PM

tourboi
#497LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 7/25/18 at 9:05pm

I believe the program is the original tour cast. Most shows sell the programs from Broadway because they’re actually verrrrry expensive to make.

However, there are exceptions. The tours of Phantom, Les Mis, and School of Rock usually have their road souvenir programs updated as soon as they can when a significant number of new leads replace previous casts.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#498LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:57am

drsouchan said: "Could anyone tell me which cast's pictures taked in LND US tour program?

Last time I bought wicked tour program turns out it's full original cast…No offense to original cast, but just when I buy a tour program as a souvenir, I prefer the cast I watched.
"

It's the original touring cast, but luckily for you, most of the cast now is still the same except for the Phantom and, I think, one of the little boys playing Guatave.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

drsouchan
#499LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:50pm

Elfuhbuh said: "drsouchan said: "Could anyone tell me which cast's pictures taked in LND US tour program?

"

It's the original touring cast, but luckily for you, most of the cast now is still the same except for the Phantom and, I think, one of the little boys playing Guatave.
"

Thanks