pixeltracker

Love Never Dies US Tour casting- Page 2

Love Never Dies US Tour casting

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#25Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:13pm

Saw the video and enjoyed it enough to see it live. Looking at the touring schedule, it is not staying long at all in each city. It would be nice if they did a limited run in NYC.

Just give the world Love.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#26Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:16pm

David10086 said: "Didn't LND have a very short run on Broadway, or did it never make it to Broadway in the past? Not that familiar with it's history..."

The latter.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#27Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:19pm

It has yet to come to Broadway and this is the first time it's even touring/being seen stateside. I'm stoked to see it.  I'm thinking about taking a day trip to Utica to see it. I kind of have a guilty pleasure spot for ALW and Phantom.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#28Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:25pm

Lot666 said: "IdinaBellFoster said: "Meghan Picerno is an excellent choice for Christine."

That's good to hear. Have you seen her in something before?
"

She played Cunegonde in New York City Opera's CANDIDE earlier this year!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#29Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:30pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "This photo of Andrew Lloyd Webber gazing lovingly at his Phantom tells you all you need to know about his mental state while cooking up the plot for this atrocious musical.

Love Never Dies US Tour casting
"

Why are you here?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#30Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:33pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I'm honestly curious if this will even still be open when it's supposed to hit my city. I don't plan on seeing it, but I did plan on seeing Whistle Down the Wind and was disappointed when that tour closed early."

It's playing every night for a week in my city, with additional matinees on Saturday and Sunday, and it's almost completely sold out. I received a presale code and still couldn't get any closer than orchestra row V.

DrewJoseph
#31Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:33pm

In the german production Rachel Ann Moore played Christine. Interesting she's in the ensemble this time while Gardar, her co-star in germany got the part of phantom. I really liked her an her voice was beautiful.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#32Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:34pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "Lot666 said: "IdinaBellFoster said: "Meghan Picerno is an excellent choice for Christine."

That's good to hear. Have you seen her in something before?
"

She played Cunegonde in New York City Opera's CANDIDE earlier this year!
"

I was just doing a bit of Googling and was stoked to discover that she's a bona fide opera singer! 

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#33Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:35pm

Ah, the timeless existential question...

All joking aside, it's because I thought the picture was amusing. I actually like The Phantom of the Opera and think it's earned its place in musical theatre history. It just irks me that the beloved story and characters were treated so carelessly here. No disrespect intended to anybody.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#34Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:37pm

DrewJoseph said: "In the german production Rachel Ann Moore played Christine. Interesting she's in the ensemble this time while Gardar, her co-star in germany got the part of phantom. I really liked her an her voice was beautiful."

I saw clips of Ms. Moore in the show and loved her voice. Perhaps she'll be the alternate Christine on tour.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#35Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 12:43pm

DrewJoseph said: "In the german production Rachel Ann Moore played Christine. Interesting she's in the ensemble this time while Gardar, her co-star in germany got the part of phantom. I really liked her an her voice was beautiful."

Perhaps she'll be an alternate?

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#36Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 1:27pm

I just read that Ms. Moore posted on Facebook that she will be the Christine alternate for the tour.

LizzieCurry
#37Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 2:48pm

"The time has finally come! I will be touring for a year with the Love Never Dies all over the US. I will be in the ensemble and will also cover Christine. I am very excited to make my US musical theater debut."

This is from her FB fan page:

https://www.facebook.com/sopranorachelannemoore/posts/1523768150979266

Updated On: 8/16/17 at 02:48 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#38Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 2:51pm

I don't know much about the show itself, but it's interesting to me that Mary Michael Patterson, a longtime Christine Daae, will be playing Meg Giry.

thedrybandit
#39Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 6:48pm

Can't say I love that Mary Michael is going to be Meg. She wasn't a particularly memorable or emotional Christine, and this Meg gets pretty riled up. I just can't see it. Hopefully she surprises me.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#40Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/16/17 at 7:04pm

I wish there was a way to see the show without having to hear The Beauty Underneath.  Everything about that number is Godawful.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Ktys
#41Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/17/17 at 1:41am

I've always snooped on this board until today and I finally know stuff and can contribute.

laugh

Actually, there are no Phantom or Christine alternates. I have a friend who has done this show and was talked to about her interest in doing alternate and she said then they changed their mind about having one to save money. Meghan is supposed to do eight a week, unlike the current POTO tour Christines. I think the Australians had alternates and Gardar and Rachel had them in Germany. So it is strange, maybe they will change their needs in the future and bring more two people on, because I think it would be a lot for any opera singer to sing this score eight shows with no real break and moving around the country almost weekly.

So, I heard Alyssa Gianetti and Rachel Anne Moore as the two Christine understudies (I agree that must be difficult for her after Germany, Gardar getting it, and using her photos everywhere). Diana DiMarzio is one of the understudies for Giry. Kelly Swift is one of the Meg understudies. And Bronson Murphy is a Phantom understudy. I'm sure we will hear the others soon, probably two per role.  

I saw Gardar sing the other day in Chicago. Of course his German performance is all over youtube and easy to find. I'm excited to see Karen Mason and Mary Michael in these roles!

Updated On: 8/17/17 at 01:41 AM

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#42Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/17/17 at 10:13am

Well, I'll be seeing it at the beginning of the tour, so I hopefully I'll escape the consequences of having no understudies. That sounds really strange. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#43Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/17/17 at 12:24pm

Babe_Williams said: "Well, I'll be seeing it at the beginning of the tour, so I hopefully I'll escape the consequences of having no understudies. That sounds really strange."

What date? I'm looking forward to the scoop!

thedrybandit
#44Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:05pm

Babe_Williams said: "Well, I'll be seeing it at the beginning of the tour, so I hopefully I'll escape the consequences of having no understudies. That sounds really strange. "

They have understudies, just no alternates.

LizzieCurry
#45Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:11pm

Babe_Williams said: "Well, I'll be seeing it at the beginning of the tour, so I hopefully I'll escape the consequences of having no understudies. That sounds really strange. "

Do you have me blocked and missed what I linked earlier about the Christine understudy?

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#46Love Never Dies US Tour casting
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:27pm

ksilver117 said: "Babe_Williams said: "Well, I'll be seeing it at the beginning of the tour, so I hopefully I'll escape the consequences of having no understudies. That sounds really strange. "

They have understudies, just no alternates.

"

Oh, I misread. My apologies. 

I'll be seeing it in October.

Videos