pixeltracker

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'- Page 26

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#625 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 12:40am

mufish said: "Appreciated the show much more on the second viewing, today's matinee. As an added bonus, I now have both a red and white shaker!

Also, didn't see it mentioned in this thread - they recorded the matinee today! Not sure if they're recording again tonight but I'm sure someone here will have the scoop if they are.
"

Wednesday night was Scott's last scheduled performance as Pierre so most likely they didn't film tonight if Dave was in for the matinee.

Unfortunately, I'll be away for Labor Day weekend thus missing the final performance, but I'm tempted to try and see it one last time tonight (Thursday).

I just check online and no tickets come up. For those who saw it already this week, has it be sold out? 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#627 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 2:05am

schubox said: "Also apparently the NYT did a 360 camera set up for a song. I think it's for Prologue. So that shouldbe cool"

I heard it was Balaga.

schubox
#628 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 2:07am

haterobics said: "schubox said: "Also apparently the NYT did a 360 camera set up for a song. I think it's for Prologue. So that shouldbe cool"

I heard it was Balaga.
"

You could be right. That would be a cooler song to choose 

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#629 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 8:37am

JayElle said: "Itonlytakesajourney said, "Are you sure about that, Cynthia? Because last I checked, blocking and dismissingpeoplethatrespectfully disagree with you is a very childlike move."

As I mentioned earlier, let me share my father's advice: "When you argue with a fool, you have 2 fools arguing." He told me that 35 years ago. Still stands. Why be her counter fool?
"

You're right, JayElle. Why waste character space debating over someone who clearly isn't changing her mind anytime soon? It's the same old story with Cynthia: Argue, Block, Repeat. 

HSky
#630 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 12:42pm

Re: sellouts, although I didn't take note of the sold out sign the Imperial usually hangs at the box office window, there were about 6 people in the cancellation line about an hour and a half before last night's show. 

Notreallysilent 2
#631 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 12:56pm

Does that mean we will see the 360 video? (Though if it's Balaga I hope they also recorded abduction). Or is that 360 video part of the archives?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#632 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 1:03pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "Does that mean we will see the 360 video? (Thoughif it's Balaga I hope they also recorded abduction). Or is that 360 video part of the archives?"

Totally separate. The NYT will post it on their site.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#633 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 1:48pm

HSky said: "Re: sellouts, although I didn't take note of the sold out sign the Imperial usually hangs at the box office window, there were about 6 people in the cancellation line about an hour and a half before last night's show."

Gotcha. Thanks!

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#634 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 5:31pm

Going to show tonite this. Was at stage door when Dave arrived. He said he had an interview but didn't say with whom.  Also saw Sonya. Sold out but they may  have cancel tkts tonite.   

schubox
#635 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 5:38pm

Dave has been on the GC instagram feed all day. Updated a ton, talked a little about Moby Dick as well.And apparently TGC is the first of a War & Peace trilogy? If he ever gets around to the rest 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#636 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 5:40pm

Do we think the album will be nominated for a Grammy? Does it have any chance against dear Evan Hansen? Like can it drum up something if Josh Groban actively campaigns for it? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

NYUtheaterlover
#637 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 5:42pm

sorano916 said: "mufish said: "Appreciated the show much more on the second viewing, today's matinee. As an added bonus, I now have both a red and white shaker!

Also, didn't see it mentioned in this thread - they recorded the matinee today! Not sure if they're recording again tonight but I'm sure someone here will have the scoop if they are.
"

Wednesday night was Scott's last scheduled performance as Pierre so most likely they didn't film tonight if Dave was in for the matinee.

Unfortunately, I'll be away for Labor Day weekend thus missing the final performance, but I'm tempted to try and see it one last time tonight (Thursday).

I just check online and no tickets come up. For those who saw it already this week, has it be sold out?
"

NYUtheaterlover
#638 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 5:43pm

I saw the show last night and Scott was incredible. His "Dust and Ashes" had the crowd cheering for over 90 seconds.

HSky
#639 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 5:46pm

NYUtheaterlover said: "I saw the show last night and Scott was incredible. His "Dust and Ashes" had the crowd cheering for over 90 seconds."

The applause during the break in "The Abduction" was also amazing last night. 

NYUtheaterlover
#640 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 5:48pm

Absolutely. Loved the double-take he did in the moment. 

theater_tech
#641 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 6:34pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Do we think the album will be nominated for a Grammy? Does it have any chance against dear Evan Hansen? Like can it drum up something if Josh Groban actively campaigns for it?"

I am PRAYING to the theater gods they would win this, though it's not looking that much likely. After this whole controversy bull**** and being robbed at the Tonys, they should at least have this.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#642 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 7:18pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Do we think the album will be nominated for a Grammy? Does it have any chance against dear Evan Hansen? Like can it drum up something if Josh Groban actively campaigns for it?"

I hope so. I love DEH's score, but to me, I can never get into it unless I am actually watching the show. Like yeah, it's good and catchy, but you won't see me getting very expressive with it (Some songs are the exceptions). Great Comet, however, has a beautiful, rich, high-energy score that never fails to get me excited and on my feet.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#643 THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
Posted: 8/31/17 at 7:33pm

theater_tech said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Do we think the album will be nominated for a Grammy? Does it have any chance against dear Evan Hansen? Like can it drum up something if Josh Groban actively campaigns for it?"

I am PRAYING to the theater gods they would win this, though it's not looking that much likely. After this whole controversy bull**** and being robbed at the Tonys, they should at least have this.
"

Would the Broadway Cast Album be eligible for a Grammy? I know that the Original Cast Album wasn't nominated but are there any rules against the Broadway Cast Album being nominated?

I know that both the Broadway and the West End cast albums were both nominated but they had different performers on both.