pixeltracker

Miss Saigon cast takes a knee- Page 7

Miss Saigon cast takes a knee

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#150Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:02pm

"Working in poor neighborhoods, volunteering to assist with hurricane recovery, visiting VA hospitals and food banks. "

Several of them do this all the time. Even before this movement. If you don't know that it's due to your own ignorance. It's easy to google. 

Updated On: 9/28/17 at 05:02 PM

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#151Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:02pm

That gif is literally me at this thread.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#152Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:03pm

ErikJ972 said: ""Working in poor neighborhoods, volunteering to assist with hurricane recovery, visiting VA hospitals and food banks. "

Several of them do this all the time. Even before this movement. Even you don't know that it's your own ignorance. It's easy to google.
"

Wanna know who doesn't do this?  The people suggesting that these athletes should.  It's all too, too delicious.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#153Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:10pm

DaveRacist says:

"TrChSpHa said: "Boy, get the **** out of here and stop replying to me. You're actually vile."

Ok, have fun with your riots and blaming white people for stealing your neighbourhoods."

Ok, have fun at the Imperial Wizard meetings. Because you've gone from whitesplaining to being outright racist in one thread.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#154Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:10pm

Marshawn Lynch (one of the players who kneels for the anthem) doesn't like to talk to the media, unless it's to promote his charities. He hates publicity, but he still peacefully protests. So no, it's definitely not for publicity, at least not in the way that would seem to imply. 

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#155Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:12pm

Btw, Dave's European.  Just thought that I'd bring that to light again.

Updated On: 9/28/17 at 05:12 PM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#156Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:20pm

GeorgeandDot said: "Btw, Dave's European. Just thought that I'dbring that to light again."

I'm pretty sure he lives in his mothers basement in Nutley NJ.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#157Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:22pm

And this isn’t even the craziest stuff he has posted. Y’all should see the utter nonsense he posted when the Les Mis movie came out. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ebizzle
#158Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:28pm

@Kad what was his problem with the les mis movie? Wasn't there an all white cast? 

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#159Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:29pm

Cat Guy said: "I devoted my adult life in defense of the Constitution of the United States. 20 years on active duty with the U.S. Navyand another 20 years working for the U.S. Government.

I am a proud American. I am equally proud of those Americans who take a stand for what is right by kneeling down, be it on a football field or in a theater.
"

Thought this needed a repost. Especially considering that, as far as I know, Cat Guy is the only one posting here that has actually served.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#160Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 6:02pm

To BroadwayConcierge: respectfully, I don't think you're seeing the forest for the trees here.  You're right that we should honor those before us that fought to preserve the freedoms we all enjoy today.  However, We don't do that just by standing for the national anthem, we do that by respecting, protecting and standing up for those very same rights the NFL players and the Miss Saigon cast were expressing through their actions.   Additionally, since you mentioned it in an earlier post, where and when do you suggest they voice their opinions and peaceful protesting   In an apartment at a cast gathering?

The players and the cast members were not taking a knee to disrespect them, our country, or its freedoms. In fact, just the opposite.  In doing so, they pay tribute to those who fought for us because without them, they would not be able to even do such a thing.  Dissent can be one of the most patriotic things a citizen can do.  

Out of curiosity, why do you think they are taking a knee? Do you think it's because they want to disrespect our country?   What do you suggest is the best way for them to successfully start a dialogue about ending systemic racism in the US?

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

wonkit
#161Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 7:10pm

ErikJ972 said: ""Working in poor neighborhoods, volunteering to assist with hurricane recovery, visiting VA hospitals and food banks. "

Several of them do this all the time. Even before this movement. Even you don't know that it's your own ignorance. It's easy to google.
"

Wanna know who doesn't do this?  The people suggesting that these athletes should.  It's all too, too delicious.

SonofRobbieJ: I work at a church run food distribution center once a month and teach free ESL classes once a week, so don't make any assumptions that I am asking multimillionaire able-bodied athletes to do something an elderly woman doesn't already do.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#162Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 9:56pm

I think I'm caught up now.

1. Don't kneel during the national anthem.
  2. Don't kneel during the bows music of Miss Saigon.
  3. People in this company were forced to take a knee. They did it because it's a limited run and has been since day one.
  4. Audiences only see Miss Saigon to be entertained and there's nothing politically charged about a show about the Vietnam War.
  5. People should be forced to stand for the national anthem and the bows of Miss Saigon because the military.
  6. We should dictate how and when the oppressed and their allies should protest, basically when they have no one's attention and it's not in the public eye.
  7. Instead of peacefully protesting how people of color are treated by authority figures, professional athletes and Broadway actors should serve veterans and donate millions of dollars.
  8. When not in the public eye, it's okay to remain seated on a couch when the national anthem is played. When in the public eye, it's okay to use the American flag as a napkin.
  9. Don't assume you know the life of a white person because they're probably donating and volunteering. Do assume you know the life of a person of color because they're no less privileged since a few posters on BroadwayWorld see everyone equally.
  10. Instead of engaging in a healthy dialogue about how to make the world a better place, we should relentlessly criticize those who are at least trying to do something good. After all, these people of color are disrespectful and make it sound like they've had life experience as a person of color. But we should absolutely respect unpresidential remarks usually made by bullies and do nothing about a leader's seemingly systemically racist tendencies.

Hope I got it all! I really do hope the people who have reacted negatively can use that fire to help find a better, more successful solution to fight injustice. I think everyone would love to hear how to make a swifter change. Look at all the dialogue that is happening right now. Would we be talking about these issues if it didn't happen so publicly?

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#163Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/28/17 at 10:37pm

musikman said: "To BroadwayConcierge: respectfully, I don't think you're seeing the forest for the trees here. You're right that we should honor those before us that foughtto preserve the freedoms we all enjoy today. However, We don't do that just by standing for the national anthem, we do that by respecting, protectingand standing up for those very same rights the NFL players and the Miss Saigon cast were expressing through their actions. Additionally, since you mentioned it in an earlier post, where and when do you suggest they voice their opinions and peaceful protesting In anapartment at a cast gathering?

The players and the cast members were not taking a knee to disrespect them, our country, or its freedoms. In fact, just the opposite. In doing so, they pay tribute to those who fought for us because without them, they would not be able to even do such a thing. Dissent can be one of the most patriotic things a citizen can do.

Out of curiosity, why do you think they are taking a knee? Do you think it's because they want to disrespect our country? What do you suggest is the best way for them to successfully start a dialogue about ending systemic racism in the US?

"

THANK YOU

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#164Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/29/17 at 11:35am

wonkit said: "ErikJ972 said: ""Working in poor neighborhoods, volunteering to assist with hurricane recovery, visiting VA hospitals and food banks. "

"

Wanna know who doesn't do this? The people suggesting that these athletes should. It's all too, too delicious.

SonofRobbieJ: I work at a church run food distribution center once a month and teach free ESL classes once a week, so don't make any assumptions that I am asking multimillionaire able-bodied athletes to do something an elderly woman doesn't already do.
"

No...you're asking them do to something THEY ALREADY DO. What makes you assume otherwise??

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#165Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/29/17 at 11:41am

EXACTLY!

You can say whatever you want on an anonymous message board.  You could be telling the truth...or you could be full of absolute crap.  I have no idea.  Why in God's name should I trust you?

But what you're demanding of these athletes are things that they are doing and that are publicly documented.  So...

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#166Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/29/17 at 12:04pm

HeyMrMusic said: "I think I'm caught up now.

When not in the public eye, it's okay to remain seated on a couch when the national anthem is played. When in the public eye, it's okay to use the American flag as a napkin."

^ THIS.

And it's also okay to wear the flag as a Superman-style cape, a bikini top, a bikini bottom, boxer shorts...

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 9/29/17 at 12:04 PM

Videos