pixeltracker

The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced- Page 4

The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced

chuckydisc
#75The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/16/17 at 6:00am

BroadwayLover992 said: "I rushed this morning (Friday 12/15). Got there 7:45, was first in line. Next person came around 8am. By 8:30 there 5 people behind me. When the box office opened there were about 9 people total including myself.
Got row D seats 13 and 15
"

How was your view?

jbird5
#76The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/21/17 at 8:53am

Any idea what rush will be like Christmas Day? Will the box office be open at 10 AM?

Danielle49
#77The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/10/18 at 1:49am

I'm headed back to New York soon and plan on seeing the show while I still have free time. Same-day StubHub seats are creeping up in price again (from the $15 they were last month) and hovering at around $35 before showtime, so I'm thinking that I may rush it instead. Any recent updates?

chuckydisc
#78The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/10/18 at 11:03pm

Danielle49 said: "I'm headed back to New York soon and plan on seeing the show while I still have free time. Same-day StubHub seats are creeping up in price again (from the $15 they were last month) and hovering at around $35 before showtime, so I'm thinking that I may rush it instead. Any recent updates?"

StubHub seat location is far better than rush.

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#79The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/13/18 at 4:59pm

When I got on the rush line today (Saturday) a little after 10am (didn't have much choice given the timing of my intercity train), I must have been around 50th in line.  Needless to say, I didn't get a rush ticket and ended up getting a ticket via StubHub.  Perhaps because of MLK Jr. weekend, my Saturday matinee ticket came out to $44 before fees ($56 after fees) for Row F Seat 8 (house right rear mezz), which was about the cheapest the tickets went.  This past week, I saw weekday tickets go as low as $18 before fees; surprisingly, last night's show (Friday) got down to $25 before fees, perhaps because of the rain.  Someone even reported, on another thread, that tickets plummeted to $10 before fees for the 01/03 matinee.  However, as Danielle49 mentioned, ticket prices are, indeed, generally hovering around $30-$35 before fees about an hour before showtime (especially on weekends).

For those considering StubHub, be sure to also look at TickPick.  Sometimes TickPick is a couple of dollars cheaper for the same seat.

tgirl16
#80The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/17/18 at 9:27pm

Has anyone rushed this lately? How was it and where are the seats? Aiming to see this on 1/27 and StubHub seats are still a little pricey when I am getting in fairly and could probably rush.

chuckydisc
#81The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/18/18 at 10:13am

tgirl16 said: "Has anyone rushed this lately? How was it and where are the seats? Aiming to see this on 1/27 and StubHub seats are still a little pricey when I am getting in fairly and could probably rush."

StubHub will definitely rival rush price as it gets closer to curtain and get you a MUCH better viewing angle.

catalana3
#82The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/23/18 at 9:37am

It looks like they are selling the rush seats for $80 when I want to go in March. If you had your choice of any of the rush seats what would you pick? Close up like row b or futher back like row h. Or should I sit up in the rear mezz for same price? Thanks!

Danielle49
#83The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/23/18 at 10:01am

Do you mean $80 for 2 rush tickets? I can't speak to the orchestra seating, but I sat in the last row by getting a $20 StubHub ticket and could see everything beautifully. From what I understand, rush seating is in the boxes or extreme side orchestra, meaning partial view. But honestly I might pay the $40 to be as close as possible to the performers. The show is so intimate and nuanced.

catalana3
#84The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/24/18 at 11:41am

They are now selling the very last seats from about row A to about halfway back in the orchestra, and the very end seats in the front mezz, for $80 ea. I'm debating if I want to be as close as possible and miss the sides or have a center rear mezz view for about the same price.

gayshark888 Profile Photo
gayshark888
#85The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/25/18 at 11:34am

I rushed this morning. I arrived at 7am and was first in line. The next person arrived around 8. I received a partial view seat in row BB and it was $40. The next people in line also received partial view orchestra sides. In total there were about 10 of us by the time the box office opened.

UncleCharlie
#86The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/25/18 at 1:53pm

gayshark888 said: "I rushed this morning. I arrived at 7am and was first in line. The next person arrived around 8. I received a partial view seat in row BB and it was $40. The next people in line also received partial view orchestra sides. In total there were about 10 of us by the time the box office opened."

Congratulations. If possible, could you let us know how the view was from BB and how much you feel you missed. Thanks.

Danielle49
#87The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/27/18 at 5:52pm

I'm also curious as to how the view was in row BB. Saw the show last week but partway through was planning a second visit. I'll likely do rush this time as I'd love to be closer than the last row, even if it means missing bits of the stage.

chuckydisc
#88The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/27/18 at 6:39pm

gayshark888 said: "I rushed this morning. I arrived at 7am and was first in line. The next person arrived around 8. I received a partial view seat in row BB and it was $40. The next people in line also received partial view orchestra sides. In total there were about 10 of us by the time the box office opened."

Much better FULL-VIEW seats with NO waiting on StubHub.

220Basswood
#89The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/27/18 at 6:55pm

chuckydisc said: "

Much better FULL-VIEW seats with NO waiting on StubHub.

I totoally should have  purchased from stubhub this morning.  I saw them at around 115  at 10am but I thought that since there were 75 tickets that I could wait and purchase around 4 after my afternoon show ended.  I thought they would have dropped.  Of course when I logged on at 4 I saw there were no seats left except for 2 overly priced tickets.

"

Danielle49
#90The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/27/18 at 7:51pm

Yes, I get that the seats on StubHub are better - but I'd rather not spend over $80 for a ticket right now. I did StubHub last week and got a seat in last row rear mezz for $30 with fees. Orchestra seats have stayed around $75 at the cheapest and that's without fees, so I'd rather find out more about the view for rush. I don't mind waiting to get a cheaper seat.

chuckydisc
#91The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/27/18 at 10:08pm

Danielle49 said: "Yes, I get that the seats on StubHub are better - but I'd rather not spend over $80 for a ticket right now. I did StubHub last week and got a seat in last rowrear mezz for $30 with fees. Orchestra seats have stayed around $75 at the cheapest and that's without fees, so I'd rather find out more about the view for rush. I don't mind waiting to get a cheaper seat."

There were countless Orchestra seats for much less than $75 b4 fees today.

gayshark888 Profile Photo
gayshark888
#92The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/28/18 at 9:33am

Danielle49 said: "I'm also curious as to how the view was in row BB. Saw the show last week but partway through was planning a second visit. I'll likely do rush this time as I'd love to be closer than the last row, even if it means missing bits of the stage."

The view was totally fine. There were only 3 seats so not too far to the side. I  was initially concerned that the stage would be too high but there is no action upstage. I honestly didn't feel like I missed anything. Having Tony and Katrina tower over me was truly incredible. From what I heard from other audience members the extreme side seats were okay as well. 90% of the show happens center stage. Hope that's helpful!

Danielle49
#93The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/28/18 at 2:00pm

gayshark888 said: "The view was totally fine.There were only 3 seats so not too far to the side.I was initially concerned that the stage would be too high but there is no action upstage. I honestly didn't feel like I missed anything. Having Tony and Katrina tower over me was truly incredible. From what I heard from other audience members the extreme side seats were okay as well. 90% of the show happens center stage. Hope that's helpful!"

That's definitely very helpful! The show's so lovely and intimate - I really want to see it up close. Thanks so much for reporting back.

catalana3
#94The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/28/18 at 9:11pm

If sitting that close, if given the option, would you rather sit house left it right? Is one side more advantageous?

BroadwayAndSports
#95The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/29/18 at 5:10pm

catalana3 said: "If sitting that close, if given the option, would you rather sit house left it right? Is one side more advantageous?"

The right side of the theater (stage left) is definitely better. 

delanemb
#96The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/30/18 at 10:25am

I will be in NYC next week and was thinking about going to see the Saturday matinee (2/10). Currently the todaytix price is $69 + fees for the rear mezzanine. If rush tickets are $40 and able to get as long the first 20 in line I will plan on that. My question is, can I buy 2 tickets if I am the only one present or would my brother and I both need to be present at time of purchase?

We are seeing Dear evan hansen on Wednesday, Waitress on Friday, and debating on what to see on Saturday matinee. Is The Band's Visit the recommended new show to see?

catalana3
#97The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 1/30/18 at 11:06am

BroadwayAndSports said: "catalana3 said: "If sitting that close, if given the option, would you rather sit house left it right? Is one side more advantageous?"

The right side of the theater (stage left) is definitely better.
"

Thank you! Naturally, I hours before this message I booked third-row stage right. Oh well, I'm sure it will be good.

Danielle49
#98The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 2/2/18 at 11:05am

I'm bummed that I can't go but there are tons of orchestra seats available on StubHub for around $37 WITH fees if anyone is interested. Fridays have looked good as of late if you're going the StubHub route.

AmeliaBedelia
#99The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 2/2/18 at 12:32pm

Danielle49 said: "I'm bummed that I can't go but there are tons of orchestra seats available on StubHub for around $37 WITH fees if anyone is interested. Fridays have looked good as of late if you're going the StubHub route."

Thank you so much for sharing this! I just got row M, seat 9 in the orchestra for $37. Hope the view from there is ok. Anyone here sat in row M before? A View From My Seat shows a photo from M 12 that doesn't look too far to the side but I'm more worried I won't be able to see facial expressions.

Also with so many tickets on StubHub, I'm wondering if there isn't an understudy on for someone. It just seems strange that the past couple days have been pretty much completely sold even the ridiculously priced seats ($200 for last row in rear mezz, really?) and tonight, a weekend night, there are suddenly a couple hundred tickets available. Maybe everything is fine, but I'm just skeptical. It feels like there has to be a catch.