Come From Away rush

Golenboybway
#50Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/23/18 at 3:36pm

Alex M said: "chuckydisc said: "Alex M said: "chuckydisc said: "Alex M said: "ethan231h said: "Whats a safe time for tomorrow sunday? Over the summer I got there around 830 and was totally fine, wondering if I can manage to get down there a little later this time...Dont care if its standing!"

Last sunday i got to the theatre around 10:50 and wasnt able to get any tickets due to the amount of people ahead of me. Hoping it works out better for you though!
"

What was your thought process that got you to the theatre at such a late hour as 10:50AM is?"

Box office opened at 12 and last time i rushed in spring people started arriving around 9 for a 10 am opening. It was also rather cold so I wasnt expecting so many people tbh...my mistake haha.
"

What does Spring have to do with now?"

I'm confused by what you are asking. All I said was that I didn't expect so many people.

"Why are you basically attacking for him just stating what he did. Its rude and frankly I expect nothing less from some of you people. And with the weather lately I wouldn't I want to spend anytime that I really didn't have too if its going to be freezing. And why shouldn't Spring matter. It was WARM meaning more people would come out for it. Im sure he didn't anticipate all of them showing up. So chuckydisc maybe if you're not gonna be nice with your words, don't say anything at all. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#51Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/23/18 at 6:23pm

SRO has up to 25 spots. Sometimes less if the creative team is watching the show (or some of the standbys).

As far as I know, none of the remaining 10 OBC are leaving the show come February (one year contract).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

UncleCharlie
#52Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/23/18 at 11:54pm

chuckydisc said: "UncleCharlie said: "Alex M said: "I'm confused by what you are asking. All I said was that I didn't expect so many people."

Alex, you and everyone else should just ignore this clown. You sure as hell don't owe him any explanations or justifications for what you did or didn't do or when you got there. He's a nasty troll who does this constantly goingthru the rush threads, givingpeople crap for what time they got there. He clearly has some issues so like you would with a crazy person on the street, just cross to the other side and ignore him.
"

Cease and desist your libelous statements.

Every word is true. Stop acting like a nasty troll and I won't have to call you out.

chuckydisc
#53Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/24/18 at 9:57am

UncleCharlie said: "chuckydisc said: "UncleCharlie said: "Alex M said: "I'm confused by what you are asking. All I said was that I didn't expect so many people."

Alex, you and everyone else should just ignore this clown. You sure as hell don't owe him any explanations or justifications for what you did or didn't do or when you got there. He's a nasty troll who does this constantly goingthru the rush threads, givingpeople crap for what time they got there. He clearly has some issues so like you would with a crazy person on the street, just cross to the other side and ignore him.
"

Cease and desist your libelous statements.

Every word is true. Stop acting like a nasty troll and I won't have to call you out.
"

95+ percent of your statements are false and your IP address will now be investigated

BroadwayAndSports
#54Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/26/18 at 2:23am

Back to the actual subject thread, what’s been the time recommended lately? I don’t care if we get standing room or rush seats, but what time would be safe for getting tickets?

chuckydisc
#55Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/26/18 at 6:14pm

BroadwayAndSports said: "Back to the actual subject thread, what’s been the time recommended lately? I don’t care if we get standing room or rush seats, but what time would be safe for getting tickets? "

Depends on date, number of tickets needed and weather.

BroadwayAndSports
#56Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/26/18 at 8:12pm

How about 2 for tomorrow?

chuckydisc
#57Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/26/18 at 8:18pm

BroadwayAndSports said: "How about 2 for tomorrow?"

For EITHER performance or a specific one?

BroadwayAndSports
#58Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/26/18 at 8:27pm

chuckydisc said: "BroadwayAndSports said: "How about 2 for tomorrow?"

"

Either performance works! We just wanna see it haha 

chuckydisc
#59Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/27/18 at 6:23am

BroadwayAndSports said: "chuckydisc said: "BroadwayAndSports said: "How about 2 for tomorrow?"

"

Either performance works! We just wanna see it haha
"

7:30AM should be fine

BigRed
#60Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/28/18 at 10:41am

I rushed yesterday (Saturday, 1/27), got there at about 6:45 a.m. and was 5th in line. Got rush seats for the matinee in row C that were partial view but not bad at all. Just an FYI for those of you looking to rush soon. The first person was there at 5 a.m. and the line started to get really long around 8ish.

Tony LePage was on for Chad Kimball and was really great in the role. Otherwise full company and wonderful energy and performances from the entire company.

delanemb
#61Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/30/18 at 10:38am

I will be in the city next week and was hoping to land rush tickets for the Saturday matinee (2/10). What time should I arrive for 2 tickets? And do both of us need to be in line or can I buy for both? How much are rush tickets?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#62Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/30/18 at 10:46am

Since you're specifically looking for rush tickets for the matinee, I'd say 6:30/7:00am. Only one of you needs to be in line, so you guys could switch off and on throughout the morning to stay warm.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Fosse76
#63Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/30/18 at 10:58am

ACL2006 said: "SRO has up to 25 spots. Sometimes less if the creative team is watching the show (or some of the standbys)."

That's not quite true. There are only 23 standing room spots. The standing room location on house right was determined to block egress (per the fire department), so it is never sold. Only people associated with the show are legally permitted to stand in that location (though the house manager and ushers have on rare occasion allowed an audience member to stand in the location).

Updated On: 1/30/18 at 10:58 AM

BroadwayAndSports
#64Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/30/18 at 1:01pm

Went on Saturday, got in line at 8am, and we were able to get standing room for either the matinee or evening show! This show is a must-see.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#65Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/30/18 at 1:42pm

Fosse76 said: "ACL2006 said: "SRO has up to 25 spots. Sometimes less if the creative team is watching the show (or some of the standbys)."

That's not quite true. There are only 23 standing room spots. The standing room location on house right was determined to block egress (per the fire department), so it is never sold. Only people associated with the show are legally permitted to stand in that location (though the house manager and ushers have on rare occasion allowed an audience member to stand in the location).
"

Interesting. I wonder when this was changed. They sold those spots in the beginning of their run. Also, when A Chorus Line played there, those spots were sold.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#66Come From Away rush
Posted: 2/6/18 at 2:35pm

Curious about rush recently. Show has several dates with lots of availability this month so curious if they're doing more than 20 tickets. Also, with the some shows not sold-out in advance, are they still doing SRO for every show?

Fosse76
#67Come From Away rush
Posted: 2/6/18 at 5:06pm

ACL2006 said: "Interesting. I wonder when this was changed. They sold those spots in the beginning of their run. Also, when A Chorus Line played there, those spots were sold."

IIRC, they were selling those spots, but they were told to stop sometime during previews.  I don't ever recall those spots being sold before that time (since I recall thinking it was odd that they were selling them), before the renovations those "spots" weren't numbered for standing room.

Fosse76
#68Come From Away rush
Posted: 2/6/18 at 5:09pm

ACL2006 said: "Curious about rush recently. Show has several dates with lots of availability this month so curious if they're doing more than 20 tickets. Also, with the some shows not sold-out in advance, are they still doing SRO for every show?"

Many shows (i.e., not just CFA) don't actually sell out until shortly before the performance. As of Sunday, there has not been a single performance of CFA for which standing room has not been sold. The word of mouth for the show really contributes to last minute (within a day or two) sales.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#69Come From Away rush
Posted: 2/6/18 at 6:07pm

I noticed for the first time since May that the show was up at TKTS for 50%. It's also available for tomorrow's matinee at 40% off and will likely be available for the evening show, too.

DNA_lost
#70Come From Away rush
Posted: 2/16/18 at 3:49pm

Last Wednesday I was able to get a rush ticket just before 11 for the night show, pretty good seat in front mezzanine. But recently it seems like the show has been discounted at TKTS pretty frequently too.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#71Come From Away rush
Posted: 2/16/18 at 4:59pm

It's only been up at TKTS a few weeknights recently. We'll see if this continues into the Spring.

an2736
#72Come From Away rush
Posted: 2/17/18 at 12:47pm

Rushed this morning (2/17). We arrived at 7 and we were 5th and 6th in line. At 8:30 there were about 10 people and after 9 the line got very long very quickly. Secured partial view seats row B and C for a group of 4! 

kittypurry
#73Come From Away rush
Posted: 2/26/18 at 2:39pm

Was wondering if anyone has experience rushing on weekdays for CFA? I'm thinking of going tomorrow (a Tuesday) but am not sure what time would be best to get there.

Lisa-upstate
#74Come From Away rush
Posted: 3/1/18 at 11:33pm

kittypurry said: "Was wondering if anyone has experience rushing on weekdays for CFA? I'm thinking of going tomorrow (a Tuesday) but am not sure what time would be best to get there."

we did it last week, and arrived at 9:30 and all was well. About 8th in line then.