pixeltracker

How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?- Page 2

How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?

mailhandler777
#25How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/22/18 at 7:18pm

jonah3500 said: "mailhandler777 said: "jonah3500 said: "Just called NBC and nobody under the age of 18 is able to attend at all. So disappointing. My 12-year-old son would do anything to see this live but NBC is worried that a 2-year-old is going to stand up and run onstage during the performance so he can't go."

Is your son 12 or 2?
"

My son is 12, but NBC is worried that a random 2 yr-old will run onstage and ruin the show, so my 12 yr old son can't go.
"

Ohhh. I was confused.

Why would someone take a 2yr old to JCS???  

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

JennH
#26How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 11:22am

#1Elphie said: "tictac said: "Could someone tell me the pros and cons of Pit section vs Seated section?

I'm really torn
"

Pit section means standing for a long period of time, but it also means being close to the action. Seated section means you're further away from the action, but you get to sit and rest your feet during the show.
"

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that you'll be standing in the pit??

Also...the age limit is 18?? That's overkill...I'd even accept 10, because at least one can discern how their 10 year old would act...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 11:29am

Except read all the comments about children's behavior at the theater....they want to avoid all of that during a live performance.   Most live tv shows have an 18+ policy.   I don't blame them.    

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#28How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 11:56am

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that you'll be standing in the pit??

Also...the age limit is 18?? That's overkill...I'd even accept 10, because at least one can discern how their 10 year old would act...

Pit section is created for visual purposes as this is a concert-staging and having people standing and carrying on provides the desired atmosphere the camera will be capturing.  Having people sitting in a traditional theatre scenario does NOT provide this atmosphere 'on camera.'

ALL TV tapings/broadcasts have an 18 years and older requirement.  Even family-safe LIVE WITH KELLY & RYAN.  Avoids any headaches in general, regardless of what the show and its demographic is.  This is standard policy not one being use just for this JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR: LIVE! broadcast. 

JennH
#29How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 12:52pm

Ah understood to all the above for both issues....seems they're treating it like a true concert as was it's original intend back in the day. Fine by me, I think it's gonna be rocking jam :) 

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#30How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 1:00pm

Has anyone actually been told they've received tickets? Or are we all still on the waitlist? Trying to decide whether to get my hopes up, haha. I've never done anything like this... how far in advance do they usually tell you that you're going? 

JennH
#31How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 1:11pm

JudyDenmark said: "Has anyone actually been told they've received tickets? Or are we all still on thewaitlist? Trying to decide whether to get my hopes up, haha. I've never done anything like this... how far in advance do they usually tell you that you're going?"

I'm going to give my best guess saying we're all still waitlisted. It seems everyone has a different story as to when they were told. When I requested Fallon tickets (which I swear I mentioned this on this thread and it seems to be not here here anymore...) and didn't hear a thing by the day before my requested date, I figured I didn't get them. Literally, 10 AM the day OF, I get emailed saying I'm off the waitlist and to get to Rockefeller Center by 3 PM or whatever the arrival time is for his taping. We didn't get the guarantee that we were in the audience until we got this brightly colored wristband and told to go to go into this circular-dish waiting room. How JCS will work, who knows since it's a one time thing, but I'm going with the flow until I get an email or some notice on my account saying SOMETHING of some kind. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#32How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 1:28pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Am I the only one that finds it ironic that you'll be standinginthe pit??

Also...theage limit is 18?? That's overkill...I'd even accept 10, because at least one can discern how their 10 year old would act...

Pit section is created for visual purposes as this is a concert-staging and having people standing and carrying on provides the desired atmosphere the camera will be capturing. Having people sitting in a traditional theatre scenario does NOT provide this atmosphere'on camera.'

ALL TV tapings/broadcasts have an 18 years and older requirement. Even family-safe LIVE WITH KELLY & RYAN. Avoids any headaches in general, regardless of what the show and its demographic is. This is standard policy not one being use just for this JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR: LIVE! broadcast.

"

Not always. Yes, all shows have a rule that you must be 18+ to attend on your own (for legal identification purposes). However, KELLY AND RYAN allows for 10+ with parental accompaniment. THE CHEW allows for 14+, and GOOD MORNING AMERICA allows 16+.

The late night shows are a different story...

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Danielle49
#34How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 9:10pm

Got off the waitlist! I'll be at the rehearsal. They release tickets in batches, so definitely check your email or at least keep an eye on it if you haven't heard anything yet!

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#35How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 9:22pm

Danielle49 said: "Got off the waitlist! I'll be at the rehearsal. They release tickets in batches, so definitely check your email or at least keep an eye on it if you haven't heard anything yet!"

Good for you! Thanks for the info. Hope to hear soon. Batches? Ok...

frannie72
#36How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 9:23pm

Exciting people are starting to get off waitlist! I just got on it a couple days ago, didn't know if I'd be in town or not and waited too long, I'm afraid, not hopeful I'll get a ticket but you never know...how long have people been on waitlist?

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#37How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 9:27pm

frannie72 said: "Exciting people are starting to get off waitlist! I just got on it a couple days ago, didn't know if I'd be in town or not and waited too long, I'm afraid, not hopeful I'll get a ticket but you never know...how long have people been on waitlist?"

Signing up for tickets or the wait list, rather, began on the 20th...so....

tictac Profile Photo
tictac
#38How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 9:42pm

Did anyone get off the waitlist for the actual performance on Sunday, not rehearsal?

frannie72
#39How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 9:43pm

Didn't realize it started on the 20th, thanks, I'm more optimistic now:)

smidge
#40How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 9:44pm

Danielle49 said: "Got off the waitlist! I'll be at the rehearsal. They release tickets in batches, so definitely check your email or at least keep an eye on it if you haven't heard anything yet!"

Congratulations!!! Did you get seating or the pit?

Danielle49
#41How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/26/18 at 9:56pm

smidge said: "Danielle49 said: "Got off the waitlist! I'll be at the rehearsal. They release tickets in batches, so definitely check your email or at least keep an eye on it if you haven't heard anything yet!"

Congratulations!!! Did you get seating or the pit?
"

Seated! I assume they're going through the waitlist for Saturday before doing Sunday.

ameleigh
#42How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/27/18 at 10:35am

tictac said: "Did anyone get off the waitlist for the actual performance on Sunday, not rehearsal?"

I submitted on the 20th, haven’t heard anything yet.

tsondie21 Profile Photo
tsondie21
#43How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/27/18 at 12:41pm

Just got my tickets! Two for the Pit for the Saturday night rehearsal. I signed up at 2:39 on 3/20 for all four options (both shows, both locations). Best of luck to everyone else!

Updated On: 3/27/18 at 12:41 PM

ameleigh
#44How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/27/18 at 3:27pm

Just got my Sunday pit ticket!! Good luck to all!!

tictac Profile Photo
tictac
#45How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/27/18 at 3:37pm

ameleigh said: "Just got my Sunday pit ticket!! Good luck to all!!"

What time did you enter? And what time did you get the email? 

JennH
#46How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/27/18 at 4:11pm

Wait, some are already getting guaranteed tickets?? DANG! I'm still on the waitlist...*crossing fingers*

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#47How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/27/18 at 4:15pm

Congratulations to all who have gotten tickets so far. Still waiting here. Though as someone posted earlier, one shouldn’t be shocked if they get a confirmation the day of show. I’ve had it happen too. Fingers crossed for all of us who entered and haven’t heard anything yet!

JennH
#48How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/27/18 at 4:25pm

matty159 said: "Congratulations to all who have gotten tickets so far. Still waiting here. Though as someone posted earlier, one shouldn’t be shocked if they get a confirmation the day of show. I’ve had it happen too. Fingers crossed for all of us who entered and haven’t heard anything yet!"

Ha that might have been me, it was when I got tickets for Fallon. It was indeed day of, but still wasn't entirely a confirmation, it was the "You're off the waitlist, but you're still not guaranteed to be in the audience just yet" scenario.

Question, do earlier requests on 1iota get priority, or no? As in, the earlier you put in a request, the better chance you have? I recall requesting Fallon the day it went live, but again never heard anything until the day of. I know that having a more complete profile and having been in the audience for something else previously does help one's chances for other things but that's all I really know. Of course I'm crossing my fingers, but I also know this is a loooonngggg shot, I can't even imagine the amount of people who requested this. I'm mostly just curious about the above, I truly wouldn't be butthurt if I didn't get these. 

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#49How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/27/18 at 5:01pm

I got pit tickets for the live show earlier today. So stoked!

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!