pixeltracker

Angels in America rush + lottery reports- Page 2

Angels in America rush + lottery reports

Notreallysilent 2
#25Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/25/18 at 12:39pm

I’m just a bit confused on this rush system and hoping someone can clarify. If I want to rush for one of their Sunday performances (where part 1 is one Sunday and part 2 is the following Sunday) would they let me buy a rush ticket for both, or will I have to go back the following Sunday for part 2 rush?

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#26Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/25/18 at 12:45pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "I’m just a bit confused on this rush system and hoping someone can clarify. If I want to rush for one of their Sunday performances (where part 1 is one Sunday and part 2 is the following Sunday) would they let me buy a rush ticket for both, or will I have to go back the following Sunday for part 2 rush?"

I believe you would have to go back the following Sunday to rush for Part 2 again! I think you can only buy rush for both Part 1 and Part 2 if both parts are playing the same day!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#27Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/25/18 at 12:50pm

Got in line right before noon today. Only a couple people in front of me got rush and they received partial view orchestra seats. But when I got to the window, they had sold all the partial view via rush and lottery, so the box office were able to get me 3 tickets in the mezzanine, row L, on the far side. I’m very happy with this.

ColorTheHours048
#28Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/25/18 at 12:52pm

The rush policy makes it very clear that I’m single performance days, they only sell rush for that performance for $37. On a marathon day, they only sell both parts for $74.

deathofacatler
#29Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/25/18 at 12:57pm

Obviously by the looks of this thread, people have been getting rush. However, their website says they're not currently available. Do they update that from day to day or is it just a general statement (that may be false)?

ColorTheHours048, just to clarify, they gave you the mezz seats at rush price? :)

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#30Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/25/18 at 1:00pm

They just haven't updated the site. 

ColorTheHours048
#31Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/25/18 at 1:28pm

deathofacatler said: "ColorTheHours048, just to clarify, they gave you the mezz seats at rush price? :)"

Yes. I don’t know if this will be a regular thing, as it seems there was a glitch in the system preventing them from accessing the rush locations, but yes.

yesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
#32Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/25/18 at 3:14pm

Today at about 2:40 I got a rush ticket for Row L in the mezzanine. There seems to be some tickets left if anyone wants to try!

yaoqian
#33Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/27/18 at 12:22am

chuckydisc said: "yaoqian said: "Sooooo..... my friend just went there and got a rush ticket for tonight? I’m shocked there are still tickets haha but it might be because of the system malfunction this morning that wish I were here2 mentioned! They were orchestra Row b tickets, which are quite good!"

Were the row b seats considered full-view or partial-view? I’m 

How many rows were in front of them?

"

They were partial view. I’not sure how many rows were in front, i want to say 3. The seats were on the far left.

yaoqian
#34Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:56pm

Wanna bump this up real quick, are rush fix still readily available everyday in the afternoon? Since it looks like the case in the first couple of days. I live 1.5 hrs away from NY and I’m deciding whether or not to go tomorrow afternoon and snatch up tix...

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#35Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 2/28/18 at 5:33pm

Does anyone know if they allow you to buy rush tickets to just Part 2 on a two-play day? I already saw Part 1 in London, but the day I'm looking at to see the show is a day that they're performing both parts. 

Danielle49
#36Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/1/18 at 11:41am

I see here that someone got C15 after winning the lottery. Anyone else have reports as to what seats they got and how the view was? A friend of mine won so I'll be going tomorrow and Saturday, leaving me to get a late March mezz seat off my hands - so I hope it's worth trying to sell my spare ticket.

ilysespieces
#37Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/1/18 at 11:52am

JBroadway said: "Does anyone know if they allow you to buy rush tickets to just Part 2 on a two-play day? I already saw Part 1 in London, but the day I'm looking at to see the show is a day that they're performingboth parts."

Someone above said on marathon days they only sell them as a pair, but you may still want to call the box office and ask.

ilysespieces
#38Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/1/18 at 11:55am

Danielle49 said: "I see here that someone got C15 after winning the lottery. Anyone else have reports as to what seats they got and how the view was? A friend of mine won so I'll be going tomorrow and Saturday, leaving me to get a late March mezz seat off my hands - so I hope it's worth trying to sell my spare ticket."

Sorry for the double quote/post, still getting used to these forums (they're kind of not the best, user-wise).

I was given OrchH22 when I won for Saturday/tonight's show. The view was fine, slightly obscured for a handful of minutes, but no real action took place in a way I couldn't see.

lauren9739
#39Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/1/18 at 12:10pm

I was on stand by today and then just lost around noon, so I guess I was a second tier standbyer.

I had a question about the lottery - It appears like the $74 is for both parts. Is that correct? So if you win you pay that and get a ticket for both part one and two. That's how I'm reading it, but I just wanted to check from people who have actually won before I keep entering. Thanks!

ilysespieces
#40Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/1/18 at 1:21pm

lauren9739 said: "I was on stand by today and then just lost around noon, so I guess I was a second tier standbyer.

I had a question about the lottery - It appears like the $74 is for both parts. Is that correct? So if you win you pay that and get a ticket for both part one and two. That's how I'm reading it, but I just wanted to check from people who have actually won before I keep entering. Thanks!
"

Yes, that's for both parts. When you go pick up your tickets you are given the second ticket at that time, so you don't need to go back to the box office before Part 2.

lauren9739
#41Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/1/18 at 1:28pm

ilysespieces said: "lauren9739 said: "I was on stand by today and then just lost around noon, so I guess I was a second tier standbyer.

"

Yes, that's for both parts. When you go pick up your tickets you are given the second ticket at that time, so you don't need to go back to the box office before Part 2.
"

Thank you so much, ilysespieces!

Danielle49
#42Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:14pm

I got Orchestra K2 through the lottery - amazing view, and on the aisle. I think at least the 3 single people next to me won the lottery as well. Also, when I picked up my ticket at 6:30 a woman at the next window asked about rush seats and they were still available.

Enter the lottery, folks. But really, see this show any way you can. I was blown away and can't wait for Part 2 tomorrow.

bstoll1
#43Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:34pm

Is it too much to see both parts in 1 day? I don't live in the city so it's cheaper to do a double hitter.

greenifyme2
#44Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:40pm

I’d do it all in one day. It went fast.

Danielle49
#45Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:46pm

I'd say do it in one day too. People in the other thread said the show "flew by" and I completely agree. Someone also mentioned a feeling of being at a sleepover, which is oddly accurate. There's something special about sharing that experience with a roomful of people for such a long time.

bstoll1
#46Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:50pm

Okay I'll try my luck at the rush line tomorrow and just get into the City by 9 a.m. hoping to get tickets for part 1 and 2.

Danielle49
#47Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:53pm

bstoll1 said: "Okay I'll try my luck at the rush line tomorrow and just get into the City by 9 a.m. hoping to get tickets for part 1 and 2."

I believe they're only doing Part 2 tomorrow - you'll probably have to wait until the following weekend! Wouldn't want you to needlessly make the trip. The preview schedule is weird so double check it just in case.

Angel2018
#48Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/2/18 at 11:54pm

bstoll1 said: "Okay I'll try my luck at the rush line tomorrow and just get into the City by 9 a.m. hoping to get tickets for part 1 and 2."

Tomorrow's performance is Part 2 and so is Sunday's. If you want to see a double header, the first double show is on Sat. March 10

Updated On: 3/2/18 at 11:54 PM

bstoll1
#49Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/3/18 at 9:21am

Schlepted out into the city this morning to rush the show. Got to the theater at around 9 a.m. and only two people are ahead of me. Shouldn't be hard getting a single ticket for myself.