pixeltracker

Angels in America rush + lottery reports- Page 3

Angels in America rush + lottery reports

petewk87
#50Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/4/18 at 1:31pm

How were the seats (and the line) for those who rushed on Saturday? Thank you!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#51Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/4/18 at 1:38pm

I stopped by the box office yesterday in search of answer to my question earlier in the thread (whether you can buy a rush ticket to just one part on a two-part day). The answer is that you can't do it in the morning, but 30 minutes after curtain for Part 1, they unbundle the tickets, and then you can potentially buy a rush ticket for just part 2. 

sciencegirl
#52Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/5/18 at 9:44am

Won the lottery for this past Friday and Saturdays shows. Row F, seats 18&20. Missed a few things with Garfield's character that happen extreme stage left - so if you rush the show, it's better to get stage right/theater left. Luckily we moved four seats over at the first intermission and used those same seats at part 2.  Amazing performances and I'd go again - which says a lot for a 7 hour experience.

FYI-entered the lottery two weeks ago, got the "standby" email and then got an email an hour later saying I won....but missed the one hour window.

PPS- I think the fact that it's two parts and long is making people hesitant to jump in (I know I was). So, if I were you, dear reader.... take advantage of rush and lottery NOW as this lull will not last as word gets out that this is a show not to be missed.

Updated On: 3/5/18 at 09:44 AM

lostphantom
#53Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/5/18 at 10:21am

My friend rushed yesterday (sunday) for part 2, arrived the theater at 11:30am and was first in line and got seats L18 and L20. I rushed the previous Saturday for part 1 and arrived at 8:30am and was first in line, the next person arrives around ~10mins after, and few more people showed up at around 9:20am. I also got the same seats L18 and L20 for part 1.

Caye2
#54Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/5/18 at 10:24am

I won the lottery for this past Friday and Saturday's shows after being on Standby initially.  Got the email saying that I won at exactly 12:01 pm on Thursday.  My seat was Row D 13.  Pick up at the Box Office was one of the least painful experiences I have had; I got there at around 6:15 pm and there was already a line of people waiting to enter the theater, but no one at Will Call.  I walked right up, gave my name, and was given my tickets for both parts.  They didn't even check my ID!  The seat was not labelled as Partial View (but there were a few seconds in one or two scenes where an actor wanders off to the far stage right/theater left, or stands so that half their body is blocked).  The view was pretty good overall as you can see the actor's facial expressions well.  Unfortunately, I am fairly short and there was a relatively tall person in front of me so I kept having to shift to see around his head!

For the people who got seats off to the extreme sides: were your tickets labelled as Partial View?

yaoqian
#55Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/6/18 at 10:31am

I won the lottery for last Friday & Saturday (3.2, 3.3) and got mezzanine center, row E. Just out of curiosity I went Saturday around 12:30 to check if there are any rush tix left and the lady offered me Orchestra K18 as the best available.

sciencegirl
#56Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/6/18 at 11:07am

Mine were not labelled partial view and I was seated 2 rows behind you in 18 and 20, on the same night! LOL  Probably in the exact same eye line.  

yaoqian
#57Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/7/18 at 11:45pm

If anyone passes by the theater tomorrow and is willing to snatch me a rush ticket since it looks like they don’t sell out quick (you can just tell the box office person my name and say that I will pick it up, I have done this for other people multiple times) I will be extremely greatful.... I do not live in NY but hope I can see AIA again tomorrow, and cannot arrive at NY earlier than 6 P.M. I am willing to offer the person $5 helping fee on top of the $37 rush ticket price, though it’s not a lot. If anyone’s willing to help, please pm me. I can do PayPal or pay you cash tomorrow night. Again, thanks in advance!

mufish
#58Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/9/18 at 11:48pm

Didn’t win the lottery for tomorrow’s marathon. I think I’ll try to rush in the morning. Not going to go super early - probably less than an hour before the box office opens. Will report back later!

yaoqian
#59Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/14/18 at 12:44pm

mufish said: "Didn’t win the lottery for tomorrow’s marathon. I think I’ll try to rush in the morning. Not going to go super early - probably less than an hour before the box office opens. Will report back later!"

Curious as to how did it go?

deathofacatler
#60Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/14/18 at 6:23pm

I rushed on Saturday (March 10)! I got there at about 7:30 AM and was 4 people back. The line got pretty long by 10, was it the first two show day? I got orchestra left rows J/K seats 19/21. They were marked partial view but you only miss a couple of scenes in the first part (a few of which were Nathan Lane's, if that matters).

mufish
#61Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/14/18 at 7:52pm

yaoqian said: "mufish said: "Didn’t win the lottery for tomorrow’s marathon. I think I’ll try to rush in the morning. Not going to go super early - probably less than an hour before the box office opens. Will report back later!"

Curious as to how did it go?
"

Sorry for the delay!  I had started an update the other day but I was on my iPad, I moved the cursor accidentally so things got weird...I abandoned the post and then forgot to return.  But I digress.

I didn't get to the box office until about 9:45, so I knew my odds were iffy at best.  I was about 26th in line - most did seem to have been there for a little while, and no one got on the line after me.  Once the box office opened things moved pretty quickly.  One or two people ended up leaving the line for a couple different reasons, and most seemed to only be being 1 ticket which clearly worked in my favor.

At two different times the box office seemed to be indicating they were all out of rush tix - the first was after about 10-12 people but ended up a false alarm, the second was when there were maybe two or three people in front of me.  I was already plotting which shows I'd try as an alternative and not terribly optimistic when I got up to the window.  However, the gentlemen in the box office determined they had one rush ticket left, so I ended up with orchestra row T seat 20.  All in all pretty pleased with the experience, to say nothing of the show itself!

JVJ93
#62Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/20/18 at 11:42am

There are a number of mezz tickets that are onsale for opening day/night this Sunday. Do you think if those don’t sell, they will be sold as rush? Really hope so

brettcx5
#63Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/25/18 at 12:40am

Delete 

Updated On: 3/25/18 at 12:40 AM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#64Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/25/18 at 12:48am

For what it's worth:

I rushed Part 2 on Friday (I'd already seen Part 1 in London). I got there at about 7:25, and was 2nd in line. Next person arrived a little before 8. By 10am there were maybe 8 people, but they only had 4 rush tickets, which was a shock and disappointment to the rest of the line. Luckily I was ticket #3. I got Row F of front mezz section. Dead center. An absolutely perfect view. Apparently the rush seats can be anywhere though. 

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#65Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/25/18 at 10:36am

I'm rushing next Saturday, so if anyone rushed yesterday and could provide an update, I'd be grateful!

Danielle49
#66Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/26/18 at 2:05pm

Lottery update: it looks like the policy has changed now that the show is open. All lotteries are done individually now for Part 1 and Part 2 at $37 each. Saturday lottery wins are for both parts as they were before for $74. That means it's possible that even if you win for Part 1 it may take a while until you get to see Part 2 via the lottery.

Fanboy99
#67Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/26/18 at 3:14pm

Danielle49 said: "Lottery update: it looks like the policy has changed now that the show is open. All lotteries are done individually now for Part 1 and Part 2 at $37 each. Saturday lottery wins are for both parts as they were before for $74. That means it's possible that even if you win for Part 1 it may take a while until you get to see Part 2 via the lottery."

Im so happy I just bought tickets from stubhub lol.

tictac Profile Photo
tictac
#68Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/26/18 at 7:14pm

I won the lottery last week and my seats are center Mezz at row G, 121 and 122. 

The whole row (and only our row) is pretty empty so when the show starts we just move ourselves closer to the center.

LuminousBeing
#69Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/29/18 at 11:57am

Danielle49 wrote: Saturday lottery wins are for both parts as they were before for $74. That means it's possible that even if you win for Part 1 it may take a while until you get to see Part 2 via the lottery.

I just went to the AiA lotto page, and it has lotto options for tonight and Sunday, but nothing for Saturday (marathon day). I was hoping to enter the lotto for the "marathon" and see both parts on the same day if I won, but it looks like that might no longer be an option?

Does anyone have any recent rush reports? I won't be back in NY long after the run ends, so I hope I can get tickets somehow! Thanks, friends.

Danielle49
#70Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/29/18 at 1:19pm

LuminousBeing said: "Danielle49 wrote: Saturday lottery wins are for both parts as they were before for $74. That means it's possible that even if you win for Part 1 it may take a while until you get to see Part 2 via the lottery.

I just went to the AiA lotto page, and it has lotto options for tonight and Sunday, but nothing for Saturday (marathon day). I was hoping to enter the lotto for the "marathon" and see both parts on the same day if I won, but it looks like that might no longer be an option?

Does anyone have any recent rush reports? I won't be back in NY long after the run ends, so I hope I can get tickets somehow! Thanks, friends.
"

There's a separate lottery page for Saturdays now!

https://lottery.broadwaydirect.com/show/angels-parts-1-and-2/

LuminousBeing
#71Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/29/18 at 5:41pm

Thank you!!! I entered. <3

LuminousBeing
#72Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/30/18 at 1:08pm

My friend won the lotto for the marathon tomorrow! I'll post an update about seat locations when we pick up our tickets.

Updated On: 3/30/18 at 01:08 PM

MNL
#73Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/30/18 at 5:18pm

Any recent reports for Sunday rush? Is it less crowded than Sat? Or is it perhaps more, being the plays "separated"?
Coming from our fair capital, must have as much intelligence as possible.

Thanks!

Brad4815
#74Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 3/30/18 at 6:06pm

LuminousBeing said: "My friend won the lotto for the marathon tomorrow! I'll post an update about seat locations when we pick up our tickets."

Congrats! Please do!