pixeltracker

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)- Page 5

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)

EmeraldOzian
#100Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/9/19 at 5:30am

Gaga seems the perfect fit if they want a name for the lead and Emmy Rossum is another choice to both fit the look age wise with Gaga both of them look like they can pull off the young and older versions of the characters and have the voices.

Emmy can be charismatic when she has the chance to perform under the right direction and Gaga has a unique rock musical tone that suits the part plus she can easily belt an F5. 

Updated On: 2/9/19 at 05:30 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#101Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/9/19 at 10:08am

Yes, Emmy has the notes, but can she belt?

EmeraldOzian
#102Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/9/19 at 10:16am

Emmy for Glinda I meant she doesn't need to belt. She still looks passable at college age although Seyfried wants the part and is similar age but I feel likeher voice just isn't right for the part.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#103Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/9/19 at 10:20am

EmeraldOzian said: "Emmy for Glinda I meant she doesn't need to belt. She still looks passable at college age although Seyfried wants the part and is similar age but I feel likeher voice just isn't right for the part."

Both would be horrific choices and don't even come close to the quality that the part needs.

Same could be said for the roles of Christine in the Phantom film and Cosette in the Les Mis film. Do we really want that again? Why? Do some people not want quality or do they really not see it?

Elphaba2019
#104Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 12:44am

Rachel Tucker and Dove Cameron 

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#105Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 5:44am

I guess 2 more years for the movie is not so bad.

EmeraldOzian
#106Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 6:33am

I expect like a lot of Platt's productions this will have a rehearsal period and a long post production. If they stick to this date casting should be underway by the end of the year.

disneybroadwayfan22
#107Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 10:30am

^And then we should get the first images or character poses by late 2020 for EW's Early Premiere issue during Christmas

EmeraldOzian
#108Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 11:20am

Well the film was delayed to accomadate the production schedule which signals it's gonna be a pretty big fare. I think this may be on the scale of $100M+  which for a musical being made outside Disney doesn't happen often.

jcl2000
#109Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 4:43pm

While i’m excited for this, i can’t imagine the producers trying to targeting original fans of the show.
Give the story and the tone of the show, it seems like they’d be most interested in making sure the movie appeals to audiences between the ages of 6-18. Which is to say, i think there is going to be a lot of disappointment around here when the cast list is announced.
This isn’t a West Side Story scenario...the producers want the next Frozen.

James Kerrigan2
#110Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 6:05pm

jcl2000 said: "While i’m excited for this, i can’t imagine the producers trying to targeting original fans of the show.
Give the story and the tone of the show, it seems like they’d be most interested in making sure the movie appeals to audiences between the ages of 6-18. Which is to say, i think there is going to be a lot of disappointment around here when the cast list is announced.
This isn’t a West Side Story scenario...the producers want the next Frozen.

"

I think the producers will try and make both sides happy and for the two leads cast one person who is going to attract Wicked Fans to see the movie and another that is going to attract the ages of 6-18. someone recommended that Rachel Tucker and Dove Cameron should do the movie I personally think they would be an amazing pair and would attract both audiences.

Rachel would attract the Wicked Fanbase as she has played the role numerous times in the West End and on Broadway.

Dove would attract the core demographic of ages 6-18 with her work on Liv & Maddie and Descendants she also is trained in Musical Theatre and has been involved in the theatre industry, 

Sunny11
#111Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 6:44pm

What about idina menzel or kristin chenoweth for madame morrible if they want a broadway crossover? They are 47 and  50 now, appropriate age to play a headmistress.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#112Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 6:51pm

Better Midler for Morrible

Steve Martin for The Wizard.

Whoever said Tori Kelly...YES. She does NOT get enough recognition for her voice.

I'll echo though, Id love to see the supporting cast packed with big names and then we get a Dreamgirls moment of "Introducing _____________ as Elphaba and ________ as Glinda."

EmeraldOzian
#113Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 7:06pm

If they're casting younger ages to appeal to a teenage audience then Dove Cameron is perfect for Glinda. Stunt casting the rest of the cast will work a charm for this film. I'd like to see Patrick Stewart take on the Wizard or Dr. Dillamond he can sing somewhat too atleast enough for the part.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#114Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 7:47pm

I'll believe this movie is truly coming when they actually have a cast list. We've been burned too many times before.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

James Kerrigan2
#115Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 8:36pm

Sunny11 said: "What aboutidina menzel or kristin chenoweth for madame morrible if they want a broadway crossover? They are 47 and 50 now, appropriate age to play a headmistress."

I think it would be cute if Idina Menzel played Elphaba's Mother and Kristen Chenoweth played Glinda's Mother (new character!)

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#116Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 8:51pm

Honestly, I know we joke a lot about her being the queen of dreamcasting, but Cynthia Erivo would be great as Elphaba.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#117Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/10/19 at 10:42pm

I'd like Norbert Leo Butz for the Wizard. Tip of the hat to the past  and it's a role that can  be expanded if necessary and Norbert has the chops to display the Wizard's easy accommodation to whatever is needful for his purpose. He's not famous-famous but I don't think that  is a issue for that role.

For  Dr Dillamond - Steve Carvell .  

Madison7
#118Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/11/19 at 8:39am

Valentina3 said: "My Smash cast in Wicked movie will remain a pipe dream, won't it? It's almost so perfect, why not just do it? Bolded the actual casting I care about.

Elphaba - McPhee
Galinda - Hilty
Fiyero - hopefully that hot Indian guy from season 1 but with Jordan's vocals
Nessarose - Mara Davi/Krysta Rodriguez
M Morrible - Angelica mf****n Houston
Dr Dillamond - Borle
Wizard - d'Arcy James
unhappy wife/Elphaba's Mother - Debra Messing
Governor / Idiot father who was a lousy lover - Jack Davenport
Boq - Mientus I guess?
"

Okay so you read my mind, even though there is a 0% chance this will happen, except maybe Hilty as Glinda. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#119Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/11/19 at 8:45am

Here are my choices:

Elphaba - Katherine McPhee or Lady Gaga or any Broadway actress
Galinda - Dove Cameron or Rachel Zegler or any Broadway actress
Fiyero - I really don't have a thought. It's not a hard part to sing? I guess Darren Criss or Jeremy Jordan if they consider him famous? 
Nessarose - Ali Stroker (Newcomer Spot)
Madame Morrible - Bette Midler, Meryl Streep, Carol Burnett or Julie Andrews
Dr Dillamond - Ian McKellan or Patrick Stewart
Wizard - Steve Carrell or Joel Grey or Stephen Colbert
Boq - Ben Platt

Updated On: 2/11/19 at 08:45 AM

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#120Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/11/19 at 9:10am

James Kerrigan2 said: "Idina Menzel played Elphaba's Mother and Kristen Chenoweth played Glinda's Mother (new character!)"

I actually LOVE this!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#121Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/11/19 at 9:15am

Dave28282 said: "EmeraldOzian said: "Emmy for Glinda I meant she doesn't need to belt. She still looks passable at college age although Seyfried wants the part and is similar age but I feel likeher voice just isn't right for the part."

Both would be horrific choices and don't even come close to the quality that the part needs.

Same could be said for the roles of Christine in the Phantom film and Cosette in the Les Mis film. Do we really want that again? Why? Do some people not want quality or do they really not see it?
"

100% yes

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

theaterlyfe19
#122Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/11/19 at 10:43am

ucjrdude902 said: "Better Midler for Morrible

Steve Martin for The Wizard.

Whoever said Tori Kelly...YES. She does NOT get enough recognition for her voice.

I'll echo though, Id love to see the supporting cast packed with big names and then we get a Dreamgirls moment of "Introducing _____________ as Elphaba and ________ as Glinda."

"

I love your final point!! Yes!! Have Lea Michele stay far away from this-maybe she could do a stint on Broadway, but introduce new faces for the movie! I’m aware she can sing, I’m aware she can act, but I’d rather her not be in the movie. Now Rachel Tucker I support. 

Carina Lim
#123My Favorite Elphaba
Posted: 3/29/19 at 8:12am

I would love to have Willemijn Verkaik as Elphaba in the movie. Bring her back, please!!! She's so wonderful and her singing is just amazing! Let's keep defying gravity and add her to the movie! I watched her on a YouTube video of the musical, and my other favorite part besides her Defying Gravity part is the song As Long As You're Mine with Fiyero. Oh that was so romantic. Just bring her back, love her as Elphaba. Yes, I agree to have Zac Efron as Fiyero as well. Come check out my YouTube channel and subscribe!!!

EmeraldOzian
#124My Favorite Elphaba
Posted: 5/20/19 at 7:45pm

As per the recent Evening with Stephen Schwartz celebration the film version is nearing the pre-production stage and they're starting to talk about casting.

Videos