Posted: 5/4/18 at 3:16pm

dramagoer said: "The thing is, does anyone like Lea Michele?"

I do. 

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#51Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 3:19pm

dramagoer said: "The thing is, does anyone like Lea Michele?"

I like her very much. Would love to see her in more things.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#52Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 5:51pm

Dave28282 said: "dramagoer said: "The thing is, does anyone like Lea Michele?"

I like her very much. Would love to see her in more things.
"

Do you just thrive off of having the unpopular opinion?

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#53Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 6:39pm

No, I just don't have anything against her and I like her singing and the classy way she presents herself in interviews, etc. Some people could learn something from that. I have seen people making jokes or being right out rude to her in her face, and she reacts with class and dignity every time. I don't know how she is behind the scenes, but I react on what I see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nYy36dsToM

Updated On: 5/4/18 at 06:39 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#54Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 6:42pm

After years of hearing all the negativity regarding Lea Michele, it seems like has become one of those people whose reputation has become much more legendary than what it actually is. I remember there was a Hailey Steinfeld (who I enjoyed in True Grit) story about Lea Michele snubbing her, but the story was really tame and Steinfeld, who was 12 and auditioning for True Grit and dressed the part, went up to Lea Michele to ask for an autograph and was told by a bodyguard that sorry, but now was not a good time. That didn't seem divaish to me as Michele was filming Glee and it probably was not a good time.

Jim3 Profile Photo
Jim3
#55Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 8:06pm

I sort of feel sorry for her. She made some choices furthering her career that made her come across as a prima donna. But she's got talent, and I'd love to see her make a comeback on Broadway or Off Broadway, especially in a smaller role.   She was so good in Spring Awakening.

I have to hope that she doesn't get wind of some of the comments here. I'm sure she'd be hurt. 

smidge
#56Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 8:33pm

Lea Michele bashing is so 5 years ago. I thought the board had moved on to Ben Platt bashing.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#57Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 9:16pm

We’re waiting patiently for Ben’s Netflix series to debut to rip into his one-trick-pony reality which is he plays Evan Hansen in everything he does.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#58Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/5/18 at 12:31am

I think she's got a great voice, but not a great actress. She's just very...earnest? 

MadsonMelo
#59Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/6/18 at 3:34pm

You can't say a thing about Mother Monster without having her children crazy, right?

GaGa was WOODEN in HOTEL and the fact the people say that her Golden Globe win, a joke itself, is something to be proud about... that takes NERVE. 

I mean, as if she had won because she was talented. oh, yes!

And she can sing, quite good singer... for a pop vocalista.

As she has proven time and time again, she has exagerated vocals with no soul or what requires for you to act through a song. Only the biggest fans would say she would be up for a Broadway show.

Also, I love the part that she's respected by Elton John makes her a better singer than anyone LOL

MadsonMelo
#61Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/6/18 at 4:31pm

Tapping23 said: "MadsonMelo said: "You can't say a thing about Mother Monster without having her children crazy, right?

GaGa was WOODEN in HOTEL and the fact the people say that her Golden Globe win, a joke itself, is something to be proud about... that takes NERVE.

I mean, as if she had won because she was talented. oh, yes!

And she can sing, quite good singer... for a pop vocalista.

it’s funny

As she has proven time and time again, she has exagerated vocals with no soul or what requires for you to act through a song. Only the biggest fans would say she would be up for a Broadway show.

Also, I love the part that she's respected by Elton John makes her a better singer than anyone LOL

It’s funny. I remember Gaga from the clubs backin the day. When she hit it big I was so annoyed by her because the gimick overshadowed her talent as a musician. I have heard a couple of tracks of her really singing and she has some damage and sounds out of practice. I think there is a Broadway show out there for her... just don’t think it has been written yet.
"

agree 100%

BrodyFosse123
#62Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/6/18 at 4:38pm

It’s funny. I remember Gaga from the clubs backin the day. When she hit it big I was so annoyed by her because the gimick overshadowed her talent as a musician.

By her own admission, the costumes and the "gimmick" has always been intentional and is her homage to the long-gone 70s rock n' roll opulence which were the norm from Cher, David Bowie to Elton John.  She fully embraces the hit-or-miss response as it has always been purely intended to be over-the-top and pointless.  Visual performance art, so to speak.     

BrodyFosse123
#64Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/6/18 at 5:13pm

Lea Michele Back To Broadway?

smidge
#65Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/6/18 at 7:14pm

Tapping23 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "It’s funny. I remember Gaga from the clubs backin the day. When she hit it big I was so annoyed by her because the gimick overshadowed her talent as a musician.

By her own admission, the costumes and the "gimmick" has always been intentional and is her homage to the long-gone 70s rock n' roll opulencewhich were the norm from Cher, David Bowie to Elton John. She fully embraces the hit-or-miss response as it has always beenpurely intended to be over-the-top and pointless. Visual performance art, so to speak.
"

Brody take a breath. I know all of that and it wasn’t my point. Also not sure why you put gimmick in quotes because that is exactly what it was. She is an amazing musician and extremely intelligentand people didn’t get all of that from the spectacle of it all. Her detractors dismissed her for all the crazy. I knew both sides and people would roll their eyes at me when I would talk about how great her voicewas and such. Chill.
"

Was Brody's response upset or angry? I wasn't getting any of that.

Soaring29 Profile Photo
Soaring29
#66Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/6/18 at 9:29pm

Everybody hates her, but I've never understood those who bash her singing voice- her voice is fantastic quality wise overall, despite one's own personal criticisms of her phrasing, styles, ect. 

I think stories of her reputation besides a select few have not been verified  enough to make any kind of determination. Either way, it seems like she's made somebody angry  in the  Broadway world  down the line and has not been able to come back because of that. 

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#67Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/7/18 at 7:51pm

Jagged Little Pill

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#68Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/7/18 at 8:29pm

Famebroadway2 said: "Jagged Little Pill"

For Michele? Ha.