markypoo
#25Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 5/23/18 at 12:53pm

The three Scotts:

Wentworth, Wise, and Waara.

Oak2
#26Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 5/23/18 at 12:59pm

This one Elmo costumer from about 10 years ago on Broadway - somewhere on that street, I don't remember where exactly. I do wonder whatever happened to him and where he is now. He was phenomenal - actually had a professional looking costume, proper theme park quality to fit in with Broadway's true nature, did the voice perfectly. Acted with complete whimsy. And then of course the persona change just as you got close enough, switching to a very deep gruff demand for five hundred dollars, sent chills down my spine - along with the actual chill of the cold metal when the paper wasn't placed into the red furry hand fast enough. And even then, the stabbing was of a nature unparalleled - a very quick in and out, not seen by anyone. I was so impressed I just gave him a cheerful nod, an apology for not having my proper entertainment fees, and I was on my way to the hospital. I very much would like to know where he is now so I can give my own thanks!

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#27Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 5/23/18 at 1:07pm

I recently watched the taped Broadway performance of Jekyll and Hyde for kicks and was reminded of how much I LOVED Coleen Sexton as Lucy. She brought something really special to the role that Linda Eder's mature appearance simply couldn't capture.

I know she's played Elphaba in Wicked and Brooke in Legally Blonde, but I can't help but feel she has deserved a much meatier career.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#28Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 5/23/18 at 1:42pm

Oak 2 hilarious and horrible!

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#29Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/12/18 at 10:04pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I recently watchedthe taped Broadway performance of Jekyll and Hyde for kicks and was reminded of how much I LOVED Coleen Sexton as Lucy. She brought something really special to the role that Linda Eder's mature appearance simply couldn't capture.

I know she's played Elphaba in Wicked and Brooke in Legally Blonde, but I can't help but feel she has deserved a much meatier career.
"

Agreed, I adored Colleen in that production, and she was young at the time, I think she was 20. Very mature performer. Andrea Rivette, “Emma,” left the business for a career in real estate. I love J&H and am glad that production was captured on DVD. Yeah, yeah, I get that no one like Hasslehoff, but I was fine with him. 

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#30Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/12/18 at 10:07pm

I always had the biggest crush on Brad Anderson when I saw him on stage or the FOSSE DVD. I know he left the biz to follow his passion of being a chef, but hope he comes home someday. 

Speed
#31Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/12/18 at 11:16pm

The Midtown Men are making a mint. No need/time to return to Broadway.

kevinr
#32Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/12/18 at 11:34pm

Scott Wentworth is a very prominent actor & director at the Stratford Festival in Stratford, Ontario.  He has been a member of the company for many years.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#33Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 12:04am

little_sally said: "markypoo said: "That stunning Matt Cavenaugh.
So glad I had an opportunity to meet him.
"

Didn't he leave the business and go back to Business school?
"

Became a fan of his after seeing him twice in "Dorian-The Musical" in Denver. Really enjoyed that show. Would love to see/hear him back onstage.

Just give the world Love.

grumpyoptimist
#34Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 1:02am

Jbara did a jukebox musical with Alice Ripley at the San Diego Rep a few years ago...the worst jukebox musical I've ever experienced.  It featured the catalog of Harry Nilsson and had no spoken dialogue.  Oy...

The Other One
#35Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 6:21am

Alex Sharp.  

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#36Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 10:01am

The Other One said: "Alex Sharp."

Movies!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#37Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 10:12am

Does anyone know whatever happened to Marla Schaffel? I recall being amazed at her in Jane Eyre back in 2001. I loved Paul Gordon's score in that musical.

Wayman_Wong
#38Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 1:22pm

Loved Matt Cavenaugh in ''Urban Cowboy,'' ''Grey Gardens,'' ''West Side Story'' and ''Death Takes a Holiday.'' He's currently a director of marketing and advertising at his family business, Cavenaugh Auto Group, and happily, he still performs with the Broadway Tenors. He'll be doing a concert with Brent Barrett and Kyle Dean Massey with the Allentown Symphony Orchestra on Oct. 13, 2018.

http://www.millersymphonyhall.org/calendar/event/606

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#39Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 1:31pm

Totally forgot I saw him in Death Takes a Holiday!

Just give the world Love.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#40Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 1:33pm

Marla Schaffel

(Google is a pretty good tool.)

Updated On: 8/13/18 at 01:33 PM

Wayman_Wong
#41Where Are They Now - Broadway Edition
Posted: 8/13/18 at 3:03pm

''Totally forgot I saw him in Death Takes a Holiday!''

Matt Cavenaugh was not only IN it, he got a 2012 Drama Desk nomination for Best Featured Actor in a Musical, even though it closed the previous summer. And Matt himself called the nomination a fluke because he jokes that he was only onstage for 7 minutes. But Maury Yeston gave him a terrific vocal tour de force, ''Roberto's Eyes,'' in which recalled how his friend died in the war.

Updated On: 8/13/18 at 03:03 PM