ddenoff2
#1Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/28/18 at 8:51pm

just hearing now this tragic news. cancer

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/28/18 at 9:44pm

Absolutely horrible news. Thank you for sharing. I didn’t get to see a ton of her work, but what I have seen she has been fantastic.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Alex Kulak2
#3Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/28/18 at 10:10pm

I haven't heard of her work, but it's so sad to see artists die so young.

Call_me_jorge
#4Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/28/18 at 10:14pm

Here’s the link, btw http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/ct-ent-rachel-rockwell-chicago-director-dead-0528-story.html

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/28/18 at 10:43pm

Oh wow, such sad news, and seems so sudden given the fact that she had been working on "Ride the Cyclone." My heart goes out to her family. I wonder what this means for the future of "Ride the Cyclone." 

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#6Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/28/18 at 11:00pm

So sad. She was so talented.  She put so much life and energy into her shows.  

Call_me_jorge
#7Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/28/18 at 11:07pm

RippedMan said: "Oh wow, such sad news, and seems so sudden given the fact that she had been working on "Ride the Cyclone." My heart goes out to her family. I wonder what this means for the future of "Ride the Cyclone.""

She’s also supposed to be directing the upcoming world premiere of Bedknobs and broomsticks.

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#8Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/28/18 at 11:16pm

So tragic. I've had the pleasure of watching her work for years at Marriott Lincolnshire, Steppenwolf, Paramount Theatre, Drury Lane and others, plus all three of her productions of “Ride The Cyclone” across the country. An amazing talent, a terrible loss, and I feel so bad for her family, friends and the theatre community.

Ravenclaw
#9Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/29/18 at 2:45am

Her work was consistently astounding, and she was known for her immensely generous and caring spirit. Her production of Ragtime at Drury Lane back in 2010 remains one of the best shows I've seen in my lifetime, out of several hundred productions. And with her work developing Ride the CycloneOctober SkyBedknobs and Broomsticks, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid, it seemed destined that she was about to become the major name in New York theatre that she deserved to be. Those who were able to see some of her incredible body of work should count themselves lucky, and those who knew her even luckier. It's been a rough time for the Chicago theatre community lately.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#10Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:43pm

Her production of Something Wicked This Way Comes was outstanding. A very sad loss indeed.

wavingthrough1998
#11Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:50pm

Do Chicago theatres dim the lights similar to broadway theatres?

A0326T
#12Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/29/18 at 4:35pm

Brigadoon at the Goodman. Classic.

jon5202 Profile Photo
jon5202
#13Rachel Rockwell dies at 49
Posted: 5/29/18 at 6:03pm

Yes.  Chicago theatres have been known to dim their lights regarding the death of a local actor or theatre professional.  I assume they will on this occasion.

Videos