pixeltracker

All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??- Page 3

All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??

#50All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 8/12/18 at 5:52pm

Terrible idea, no one cares. This will not change the material in the slightest.....here’s an idea, producers actually look for a new broadway play about powerful women in 2018, one that is specifically written for them and what they are going through in these strange but interesting times....that I would pay for.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#51All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 8/13/18 at 11:25am

Disagree with those who think this is a terrible idea.

Apart from the fact that it is in the hands of a great artist, Morton, and that it will provide plum roles for cast, I see the point.

This is a play often seen to be about masculinity and power.  But it is also a play about winning and losing in patriarchy.  This production would, I expect, explore how patriarchally identified women (a group not too long ago, i.e. at the time the play was written, were referred to as male-identified women, but not in the sense of transgender identification) play and are damaged by the same systemic games.   

wonkit
#52All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 8/13/18 at 3:09pm

I'll just echo my earlier post, that I have seen an all-female cast in this play. Mamet insisted that the names and genders be retained as male and it makes for all sorts of interesting subtext. I saw excellent regional actresses make a tremendous impact with this story, without seeming shrill or b*tchy but merely aggressive, ambitious, and self centered. While I, too, could wish for a new play that would examine the changing role  of women in business and the effect on them as individuals, I would like to see this production. Amy Morton is an excellent actress and should have success directing a female cast. And Laurie Metcalf in anything? Of course.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#53All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 8/13/18 at 6:44pm

“12 Angry Women”... It’s possible. Think we’re there yet? 

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#54All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 8/13/18 at 8:01pm

I actually saw a production of 12 Angry Women at a high school that had a lot more girls than boys in the drama club. It worked.

As for an all female Glengarry Glen Ross, I think I am probably the target audience. I have zero interest in it. Don't care who's cast.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#55All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 8/13/18 at 8:08pm

I've seen "Twelve Angry Jurors" (I think that's how it was billed) with a mixed gender cast.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#56All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 8/14/18 at 12:37am

I’ve seen a college production of it with a mostly female cast (Roma was, for some reason, a guy). It was an interesting experiment, but it just wasn’t believable.

They need major film and TV stars for this if they want it to, well, sell.

TONYS ARE FOR CLOSERS ONLY!

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#57All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 3/27/19 at 12:17pm

Is this dead? We haven't heard anything since last August. I had thought this might take the Barrymore this summer, but I guess not.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#58All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 3/27/19 at 12:22pm

BroadwayGuy12 said: "Is this dead? We haven't heard anything since last August. I had thought this might take the Barrymore this summer, but I guess not."

Last we heard I believe was for a May preview date and casting to be announced soon, but nothing since. Im assuming they couldn't get the stars they hoped for, but I of course could be wrong. 

Also, who's in your profile pic? Lol theyre super hot 

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#59All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 7:39pm

Bumping because Patti LuPone just casually dropped at the end of this interview that she’s starting rehearsal for this in August.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/video/patti-lupone-on-winning-her-first-olivier-award-in-1985-news-footage/1141046086

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

hveasey
#60All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 7:55pm

givesmevoice said: "Bumping because Patti LuPone just casually dropped at the end of this interview that she’s starting rehearsal for this in August.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/video/patti-lupone-on-winning-her-first-olivier-award-in-1985-news-footage/1141046086
"

Oh wow, would love to see her in this. I guess that means a Company transfer isn’t happening or at least not for a while though.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#61All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 8:09pm

If this was a limited run in the fall, I’d think she could still do Company in the spring. Let’s hope.

LightsOut90
#62All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 8:14pm

Company is happening Spring of 2020 to coincide with the shows 50th anniversary.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#63All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 8:19pm

Full quote from that video:  "In August I'm supposed to go into rehearsal for the female version of Glengarry Glen Ross, directed by Amy Morton. We'll see if that happens." To me, that translates as we shouldn't believe anything until dates and a theatre are announced. Probably needs an actual star for Roma?

I could see her doing both this and Company in the same season, though that could minimize ticket sales for both. She hasn't been in a show that recouped since Sweeney in 2006.

LightsOut90
#64All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 8:40pm

didnt her concerts with Mandy recoup?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#65All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 8:42pm

Also, I doubt Patti will be the sole name in Glengarry expected to sell tickets.

The Distinctive Baritone
#66All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 8:59pm

Wow. Who would she play? Roma is supposed to be relatively young, so...Levine? Moss?

Theatrefanboy1
#67All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/7/19 at 9:04pm

This wouldn’t be the piece that Meryl Streep was teasing about subtlety when asked about a return to broadway last year during mamma Mia press. Would it be?

Honestly. I’m not familiar with the show or characters of this piece. But I mean there are also actresses that have discussed in the last year or two that have talked about a broadway show like Julia Roberts (who would consider a return), Oprah, Maggie smith (Though she’s already in west end), Lea Michele (Though I don’t think she’d do a play ), Emma Thompson, Helen mirren

I wonder if any of them would be cast.

Damiensta
#68All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/9/19 at 9:27pm

My guess would be Moss character

The Distinctive Baritone
#69All Female Glengarry Glen Ross Revival??
Posted: 4/9/19 at 11:33pm

Moss (the Ed Harris part) seems like a rather small role for such a big star though. She could do Roma but Levine would have to be in her eighties for contrast. However, if they are keeping the characters male and making the whole thing kinda metatheatrical a la Men in Boats I guess age doesn’t matter.