New Head Over Heels Playbills

EJ24642 Profile Photo
EJ24642
#1New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/14/18 at 10:31pm

I went back to Head Over Heels tonight, and immediately noticed they had new playbills. The cover hasn't changed but the only thing inside them is the show information, not ads/articles/how many have you seen/etc. I'm wondering if this is a way to save money or something?

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#2New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/14/18 at 11:25pm

EJ24642 said: "I went back to Head Over Heels tonight, and immediately noticed they had new playbills. The cover hasn't changed but the only thing inside them is the show information, not ads/articles/how many have you seen/etc. I'm wondering if this is a way to save money or something?"

I thought the only way to save money on Playbills was to use a black-and-white cover. That sounds like a custom Playbill that would cost more?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#3New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/14/18 at 11:28pm

are you sure it is a Playbill? could you perhaps take a pic of it and post it? This sounds odd. 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#4New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/14/18 at 11:30pm

When I saw it recently, there was a slip in the Playbill that was just the main page of their show information (all the billing), but I couldn't find any changes between the slip and the one printed in the Playbill.

It certainly had ads, though.

EJ24642 Profile Photo
EJ24642
#5New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 1:07am

HogansHero said: "are you sure it is a Playbill? could you perhaps take a pic of it and post it? This sounds odd."

It’s clearly a Playbill. The front looks normal,  so I’ve uploaded a picture of the first two pages when you open it. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#6New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 1:38am

Did you happen to see if others’ were like yours in case yours was a misprint?

EJ24642 Profile Photo
EJ24642
#7New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 8:37am

Miles2Go2 said: "Did you happen to see if others’ were like yours in case yours was a misprint? "

They all looked liked mine

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#8New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 8:40am

Elegance101 said: "When I saw it recently, there was a slip in the Playbill that was just the main page of their show information (all the billing), but I couldn't find any changes between the slip and the one printed in the Playbill."

Mine had the insert too, but I think there were some differences in the producer credits.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#9New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 9:48am

kdogg36 said: "Elegance101 said: "When I saw it recently, there was a slip in the Playbill that was just the main page of their show information (all the billing), but I couldn't find any changes between the slip and the one printed in the Playbill."

Mine had the insert too, but I think there were some differences in the producer credits.
"

They've been actively seeking new money to stay afloat so this isn't shocking. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#10New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 10:18am

That's really odd... Maybe there was a printing error? (And it annoys me that the Title Page isn't on the right side of the page!!)

The producer list looks different in your photo than on the Opening Night playbill from PlaybillVault:

EJ24642 Profile Photo
EJ24642
#11New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 10:33am

SomethingPeculiar said: "That's really odd... Maybe there was a printing error? (And it annoys me that the Title Page isn't on the rightside of the page!!)

The producer list looks different in your photo than on the Opening Night playbill from PlaybillVault:

"

I just compared them, and it looks like there is another list of producers above the title is small print in mine. 

I was looking at the entire playbill again and I noticed that the cover looks pixelated up close, as if they're printing them as they go. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#12New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 11:35am

It probably IS a printing error...just for a whole batch. The reason are free to shows is because of the advertising.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

zainmax
#13New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 12:15pm

I'm curious how the pitch was made to those last-minute lifeline investors.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#14New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 2:11pm

zainmax said: "I'm curious how the pitch was made to those last-minute lifeline investors."

Probably a priority loan, which is a loan to the production to offset operating/marketing costs. Priority loans get paid back before any money goes to the original investors. So the chances of the lenders making their money back is slightly higher than the chances of the original investors making their money back.

zainmax
#15New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/15/18 at 2:49pm

Makes sense. Do you know how they're collateralized/any stories of defaults?

moira8
#16New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/17/18 at 9:41am

Saw this last night, and the playbills we were given were regular playbills with ads, but there was a whole page insert for the title page listing the new producers' names (similar to the one OP posted).

Updated On: 8/17/18 at 09:41 AM

dougs9797
#17New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/17/18 at 9:59am

Saw this show Wed. night. I noticed the insert as well. Listed a new batch of producers. Hoping this show hangs on by a thread! 

Such a great show. I loved the cast, the scenic design and lighting. The music, I loved the campiness of it all. It deserves to play! 

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#18New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/21/18 at 3:36pm

Any update on this? Will the PLAYBILL be "updated" for September? An insert like that is just a little awkward.

AntV
#19New Head Over Heels Playbills
Posted: 8/21/18 at 4:01pm

I went Saturday and there is no more insert, those new names are in the playbill and it's a normal playbill.

Videos