LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#25HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/13/19 at 4:58pm

Anthony is indeed out yet again.

amanlen
#26HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/13/19 at 8:49pm

I would assume the only performance he might make it back for is Sunday, maybe Saturday too, but it makes sense he’d want to conserve his energy & recover as much as he can for his last show/s. Hopefully he makes a recovery!

Lauren2
#27HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/13/19 at 11:57pm

He came to the theatre, went in the stage door and he was planning on going on. Than right before they announced Alex W was going on. Legit his name was printed in the program that he was going on. I don’t know what happened. I asked Alex W at stage door if he was going to play Scorpius again this weekend and he said who knows. He did say Anthony is super sick. So I don’t know. I’m curious if he will even make it for the last performance.

amanlen
#28HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/14/19 at 8:18pm

Yes Alex will be on as his understudy tonight & Friday. Alex is really good, I loved his performance!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#29HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/14/19 at 8:33pm

I saw the show yesterday and had a feeling given the comments in this thread that Anthony would be out (which he was) but Alex was a fantastic Scorpius and the role is in his very capable hands.

I got to see the full original cast back in May so I was lucky enough to see Anthony but if you are seeing the show this weekend and you get to see Alex you’re in for a wonderful treat.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 3/15/19 at 08:33 PM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#30HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/14/19 at 8:35pm

I’m surprised to see Anthony was out yesterday. I was at the True West stage door last night (literally right next to the Lyric) and Anthony passed the stage door. So he at least had to be AT the theatre last night, which is even stranger.

amanlen
#31HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/14/19 at 11:08pm

I don’t think it’s that strange, if it were me I’d want to spend time with the cast/at the theater if I knew I would never have the experience again. I’m sure he wants to be up there during his last week of the show, especially given the dynamic the OBC seems to have with each other. I mean they really are each other’s family away from family!
I feel bad speculating so much- honestly he’s just a normal dude who got sick/burnt out lol. But I also understand the feeling of seeing an OBC & the disappointment when you don’t see the cast you want

Dani0995
#32HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/15/19 at 12:43pm

To be honest I’m pretty bummed that I’m missing Anthony. His understudy is terrific, but boo HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule. Hopefully he does another Broadway play one day.

amanlen
#33HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/15/19 at 4:06pm

Looks like Alex has more or less confirmed he’s finishing out the play as Scorpius. Of course there’s still a small chance the full cast will be on for their last show :)

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#34HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/15/19 at 4:29pm

Didn’t something similar happen to Boyle during the West End run (as alluded to earlier in the thread)?

Lauren2
#35HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/15/19 at 10:34pm

How has he confirmed he will be in for the last show? Where did you hear that? And yes apparently he did the same in London. Missed multiple shows and the last. He has been out for like two weeks. Why would he miss his last show ever?

JennH
#36HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 10:39am

TheQuibbler said: "Didn’t something similar happen to Boyle during the West End run (as alluded to earlier in the thread)?"

Yes indeed it did...I really hope he gets to go on tomorrow/he's doing better because that would just be the WORST luck ever to not be able to go on for your last show a SECOND TIME. He especially deserves it. This show truly is beastly. 

LesWickedly
#37HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 12:02pm

Annnd Alex is on again. Losing hope that Anthony will be back tomorrow but still think there’s a good chance.

amanlen
#38HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 12:19pm

I mean hes probably got some fun Paddys Day plans for today so can we really blame him Haha Im (half) kidding, but from what Ive heard, doesnt really seem too likely, which is a shame

DearEliza
#39HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 12:40pm

What an unfortunate coincidence that he's missing his last few shows again. How long was he out for when he was on the West End? I'm assuming he was sick too, but did he ever go into detail about what happened?

Dani0995
#40HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 1:31pm

He cant be *that* sick if hes out hanging with friends? More likely he got burned out lol but really disappointing

Dani0995
#41HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 9:28pm

Odds of Anthony doing it tomorrow? Place ur bets now folks (lol kidding)

LesWickedly
#43HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 9:42pm

How do you know this?

amanlen
#45HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 11:43pm

Wow I bet he feels awful, I really hope he’s okay health wise. That really is the worst luck. I guess I will still hold on to my 1% of faith I have that things will miraculously change in the next twelve hours haha

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#46HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/16/19 at 11:46pm

I feel so bad for the poor guy having this happen not once, but twice. Maybe at the very least he can make an appearance at curtain call and take the final bow with the company.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Lauren2
#47HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/17/19 at 12:07am

Apparently he really tried to go on today. Apparently he is fine with talking to people normally but when he tries the Scorpius voice he feels like he is going to throw up or does throw up. So they sent him home. So who knows. Maybe he will make it tomorrow.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#49HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/17/19 at 1:09pm

He is officially not performing today HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule

JennH
#50HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/17/19 at 1:48pm

Oh wow...that seriously sucks big time HP Cursed Child Cast ScheduleHP Cursed Child Cast Schedule I’m not even saying that through the lens of the audience but purely from the performer lens. I’ve nearly been in the position of not being able to go on for a last show way back in my theme park days...I ended up being ok, but BARELY.
What a rare “lightning striking twice” moment, I feel devastated for him. He deserved a bomb ass last show...

amanlen
#51HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/17/19 at 1:50pm

My heart breaks for him! Hopefully he will go out for curtain though! He deserves it

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#52HP Cursed Child Cast Schedule
Posted: 3/17/19 at 1:55pm

This past year must've really wrecked his voice. Hopefully, he didn't do any lasting damage.

Videos