pixeltracker

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews- Page 13

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews

Braniff Forever
#300BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/4/19 at 5:01pm

How do some shows have more than 100% capacity? Like for instance Hamilton has 101.75% capacity for last week. How can you have more than 100% capacity? Also it seem like BMC has dropped each week in avg ticket price as well as capacity. Is this normal for a successful show?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#301BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/4/19 at 5:05pm

Braniff Forever said: "How do some shows have more than 100% capacity? Like for instance Hamilton has 101.75% capacity for last week. How can you have more than 100% capacity? Also it seem like BMC has dropped each week in avg ticket price as well as capacity. Is this normal for a successful show? "

If a show is over 100% capacity, the extra percentage includes standing room. As for your other question... not really.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#302BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/4/19 at 5:06pm

Standing Room causes that.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Braniff Forever
#303BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/4/19 at 5:08pm

Thanks! That’s kind of what I thought, but I wasn’t sure!!

BroadwayNoob
#304BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/4/19 at 7:39pm

I'm really dying to see this show but there are also quite a few others I'd like to see - what seem to be the best cheap seats to come by? I'm thinking TKTS since it is up there pretty frequently 

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#305BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 11:50am

Braniff Forever said: "Also it seem like BMC has dropped each week in avg ticket price as well as capacity. Is this normal for a successful show? "

This could be the result of die hard fans getting their tickets for the first week or two, as well as the ups and downs of the calendar.  Last week was a tough week for many shows.  Look for things to generally be better for most shows as the weather gets better and as we get closer to summer.  

Braniff Forever
#306BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 1:49pm

If I was in marketing in BMC, I would also do some advertising in other major cities where parents might be likely to take their kids to NYC for summer trip (spring break too, but it might be a little late for that). Even advertising in airline magazines (or if the PR dept could get articles written in airline magazines, those parents who read those, can afford to take their kids to MYC and spend money on Broadway tickets. I would target American, United, Delta and Southwest.. Also, some advertising in the airline airport clubs could be helpful, because the wealthiest airline travelers frequent those clubs. Advertising with high end hotels like Marriott, Sheraton, and Hilton, Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons could be helpful.

Braniff Forever
#307BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 1:52pm

I would start with marketing to Delta and United since they have major hubs in the NYC area, and can bring lots of customers to the area.

JSquared2
#308BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 2:34pm

Braniff Forever said: "If I was in marketing in BMC, I would also do some advertising in other major cities where parents might be likely to take their kids to NYC for summer trip (spring break too, but it might be a little late for that). Even advertising in airline magazines (or if the PR dept could get articles written in airline magazines, those parents who read those, can afford to take their kids to MYC and spend money on Broadway tickets. I would target American, United, Delta and Southwest.. Also, some advertising in the airline airport clubs could be helpful, because the wealthiest airline travelers frequent those clubs. Advertising with high end hotels like Marriott, Sheraton, and Hilton, Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons could be helpful."

Yes, I'm quite sure you're the first person in the history of theatrical producing and marketing to come up with these ideas!

Braniff Forever
#309BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 2:52pm

Thanks! You’re sweet!

Braniff Forever
#310BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 2:54pm

If they know about doing it, then get after it!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#311BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 2:57pm

JSquared2 said: "Braniff Forever said: "If I was in marketing in BMC, I would also do some advertising in other major cities where parents might be likely to take their kids to NYC for summer trip (spring break too, but it might be a little late for that). Even advertising in airline magazines (or if the PR dept could get articles written in airline magazines, those parents who read those, can afford to take their kids to MYC and spend money on Broadway tickets. I would target American, United, Delta and Southwest.. Also, some advertising in the airline airport clubs could be helpful, because the wealthiest airline travelers frequent those clubs. Advertising with high end hotels like Marriott, Sheraton, and Hilton, Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons could be helpful."

Yes, I'm quite sure you're the first person in the history of theatrical producing and marketing to come up with these ideas!

"

Why the sass? Are you working on (failing) the BMC marketing campaign?

Hamilfan2
#312BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 3:01pm

Anyone know if George is still out?  I have heard great things about Troy and kind of want to try and see it with him if I can

Braniff Forever
#313BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 3:17pm

You’re the one who made a sarcastic response to my suggestion. No, I don’t work in their marketing dept. I’m just hoping the show succeeds! As I hope all Broadway shows succeed. Why be negative and nasty when people are trying to be helpful?

dramamama611
#314BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 3:37pm

He wasn't talking to you....but to JSquared - who was sassy to you.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Braniff Forever
#315BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 4:42pm

Thanks for clarifying!

andreyisnthere2
#316BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 7:09pm

Okay, so I just made an account because I have this specific question about this show.

I'm going to be in NYC pretty soon for a theater trip and I get to pick 2 shows I want to see. (We are already seeing The Prom and a few others on and off broadway.)

I listened to BMC around 2 years ago, and couldn't really get on board with it. Michael in the Bathroom is the only song I'm head over heels for. However, its been getting so much hype lately that I'm wondering if I should give it a second chance. As someone who does not get the chance to go to NYC often, it's really special for me to be able to see shows that are in a new season. 

How much changed from its off-broadway run to its Broadway run? Should I take a chance on it? 

funhamilton_rent
#317BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 11:00pm

Hamilfan2 said: "Anyone know if George is still out? I have heard great things about Troy and kind of want to try and see it with him if I can"

Not sure, but I can confirm that Tory is fantastic!!

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#318BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 11:31pm

andreyisnthere2 said: "... its been getting so much hype ..."

What hype have you heard? If the hype is wonderful, see the show.

dramamama611
#319BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/5/19 at 11:39pm

I guess it depends on what else you might be interested in seeing. Personally, this isnt on my list of things to see....but my students chose it. Maybe I'll be surprised.

andreyisnthere2
#320BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/6/19 at 12:06am

BalconyClub said: "andreyisnthere2 said: "...its been getting so much hype ..."

What hype have you heard? If the hype is wonderful, see the show.
"

I just mean the general online excitement for it. The people I personally know who like it are all below the age of 18. But I don't think that the cast recording is the greatest thing ever. I just wondered if there might be something I'm missing...or maybe I'm just getting old. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#321BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/6/19 at 12:50am

I saw this tonight. Personally, I detested every second of it. I felt like it was written by 13 year olds who had no idea how to write. I fully realize that being over the age of 15, I’m not this shows target audience, but damn. That was truly terrible.

Braniff Forever
#322BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/6/19 at 1:34pm

I’ve always wondered this question. When a reviewer sees a show, does she or he see it multiple times before writing the review? I mean after I see a show once, I can always say whether I liked it or not and usually there is a main reason why I liked or didn’t like it. But I have a hard time recounting all the plot points that one usually reads in a professional review. It seems that the reviewer must see a show multiple times before writing a review, because they are always filled with so much information that I would find difficult to retain on just one viewing of a show. Is that right that a reviewer would see a show multiple times before writing the review? Or are they extraordianlriy smart, being able to remember a lot more than I ever do after seeing a show?

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#323BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/6/19 at 1:36pm

They also bring notepads and jot things down during the show. Always makes me think they should get pens with glow in the dark ink . :)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#324BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
Posted: 3/6/19 at 1:41pm

Critics are invited to see the production once, and they typically make notes during the show (as stated above). However, they also receive a comprehensive information packet from the production, which typically includes a full script. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos